Potential Mis-sold SKY TV package upgrade

blakey1152
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

just want to get peoples thoughts on this.

I had an offer on my Sky TV app that said I could have two sky sports channels for an additional £5 a month (31 days contract). However, When I tried to add this the app told me my new package price would go up from £71 to £280 - Quite an increase!!!!

So I used the online chat thing and typed to one of their customer service reps.

I sent them a screenshot of the offer that was showing in my app and he went away.

Came back a few minutes later and he said he could put both those channels on my account for just £4 a month on top of what I was currently paying - So I went ahead.

When I checked my online billing the next day after the channels had been added, my next months bill had risen by nearly £30 - even taking into account they pro-rata the first months charge the most it could have been would be £8 more in my opinion.

the second month down the line was showing an increase over my usual bill of £13 - so way more than I agreed to pay.

I got in contact with someone else at Sky using the chat and showed them the screenshots - and they basically said that no matter they did they couldn't add the sports channels for £4 as promised and then ended the chat.

Do I have any rights here?

I think the following explains the confusion:- 

If customers want to download programmes via the Sky Go app, they'll require a Sky Go Extra Subscription.

This costs an additional £5 per month on top of a standard Sky TV subscription, although it can be cancelled with 31 days' notice.

However, for some customers, the ability to download and take their sports content on the road is worth the extra £5 a month.

https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/watch-sky-sports-online-or-mobile-app.html

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Sky have an app where you can view your package, billing etc but this is actually adding channels to my TV package. Not the Sky go App (Which I don't think works with Sky Q anyway)

The two channels have been added to my package.

I thought it may have been connected as its the only  thing a I could find at that price.....still £5 a month for 2 sports channels seems rather suspect to me.

One of the reasons I left this lot over 30 years ago...they entice you in ...then its incorrect and you can't correct it afterwards.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

3 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

I thought it may have been connected as its the only  thing a I could find at that price.....still £5 a month for 2 sports channels seems rather suspect to me.

One of the reasons I left this lot over 30 years ago...they entice you in ...then its incorrect and you can't correct it afterwards.

1638012332_Screenshot_20190831-054305_MySky.thumb.jpg.bcc852d305b977494ef058a3e6250e84.jpg

Time to escalate it then with your paper trail ...start with the CEO  [email protected]

Thread title updated.

• AndyOrch changed the title to Potential Mis-sold SKY TV package upgrade