• Tweets

• doesn't matter you've admitted about the DN and anyway where have you done that and to whom?   by assignment arrows are the creditor regardless to your acking of that fact or not.      
    • Just ignore the letter.   Block/bounce their emails or let them come through so you know what they're up to, and keep us posted.............   😎
    • Thanks DX,   I've already admitted that a default notice was served in 2010 by MBNA, so it seems I might be left hoping that they're unable to produce the original CCA.   I've never acknowledged Arrrow as the creditor and continue to pay MBNA.  Is that in my favour?   Cheers,   Richard.
    • For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]       please answer the following questions.       1 Date of the infringement  10/07/2019       2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]  12/07/19      3 Date received  13/07/19      4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?/    Yes      5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?  yes      6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]  yes  Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up  yes      7 Who is the parking company?  Civil enforcement      8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]    10B QUEENS ROAD, CONSETT, DH8 0BH       For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Yes    …………………..     This is what I sent to CE appeal in my own words   Reason For Appeal: Firstly I had an appointment at that time with the dentist. My last visit 2 years ago the car park was free and was not aware of the new parking system.   The sign at the front is very obscure especially turning right into the car park. Where I did park, the sign opposite was turned 90 degrees making it hard to see.   The door at the surgery was wedged open when I entered not realizing there was a sign relating to the new system . I cannot remember if there was any signs inside the surgery but once in I always pick up a magazine to read until the dentist is ready to see me.      My statement and evidence to POPLA. in response to CE evidence highlighting main arguments.   Par 18 . The image submitted from the Appellant of a sign slightly turned is still readable and is not obscured...….. Me Not from where I was parked. A photo from the bay shows a pole with the sign facing away.  Par 18 . Furthermore, it highlights that the Appellant was aware of the signage on the site and failed to comply with the terms and conditions regardless.......  Me I treat this paragraph with contempt. There is nothing to "highlight" here as I maintain I did not see any signage; Regardless ? I could have legally parked right outside the Surgery as there were spaces at the time but having "regard" for disabled and elderly, parked further away having to cross a busy road to the Surgery. Par 20....,. Furthermore, the Appellant failed to utilise the operator’s helpline phone number,,, (displayed at the bottom of signage) to report the occurrence, or to request advice on what further action could be taken.... Me How could I have done this ? I only realized there were signs there when the PCN arrived. Summary. I stand by statements and maintain that I did not see any signage entering or leaving the car park. The main sign at the entrance is too small and easily missed when you have to turn right though busy traffic and once through carefully avoid pedestrians, some walking their dogs. The main sign is blank at the back. When you leave the car park I would have noticed the private parking rules if the writing was on both sides. Roadworks signs close to the parking sign at the time did not help either. [see photo] CE evidence is flawed, illegal and contemptuous. Photos submitted are from months ago, Today I have driven into the car park and noticed the same signs turned 90 degrees including the one opposite my bay. CE have done nothing to rectify this disregarding my evidence and the maintenance of the car park. Showing number plates is a total disregard to patients privacy and I object to these photos being allowed as evidence on the grounds that they may be illegal.    POPLAS assessment and decision....unsuccessful   Assessor summary of operator case   The operator states that the appellant’s vehicle was parked on site without a permit. It has issued a parking charge notice (PCN) for £100 as a result. Assessor summary of your case   The appellant states that he parked on site to attend a dental appointment. He states that the terms of the site had changed since the last time he parked two years ago. He states that signage at the entrance to and throughout the site did not make the terms clear. The appellant has provided various photographs taken on and around the site. Assessor supporting rational for decision   The appellant accepts that he was the driver of the vehicle on the date in question. I will therefore consider his liability for the charge as the driver.   The operator has provided photographs of the appellant’s vehicle taken by its automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras. These photographs show the vehicle entering the site at 14:17 and leaving the site at 15:13. It is clear that the vehicle remained on site for a period of 56 minutes.   Both the appellant and operator have provided photographs of the signs installed on the site. The operator has also provided a site map showing where on site each sign is located.   Having reviewed all of the evidence, I am satisfied that signage at the entrance to the site clearly states: “Permit Holders Only … See car park signs for terms and conditions”.   Signs within the site itself clearly state: “DENTAL PRACTICE PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY … ALL PATIENTS AND VISITORS MUST REGISTER FOR A PERMIT AT THE PRACTICE RECEPTION ... IF YOU BREACH ANY OF THESE TERMS YOU WILL BE CHARGED £100.”   The signs make the terms of parking on the site clear, are placed in such a way that a motorist would see the signs when parking and are in line with the British Parking Association (BPA) Code of Practice.   The operator has provided evidence to show that a search for the appellant’s vehicle has been carried out against the list of vehicles for which a valid permit was held on the date in question. The appellant’s vehicle does not appear on this list.   The appellant states that he parked on site to attend a dental appointment . I accept that this may have been the case, however I do not accept that this entitled the appellant to park on site outside of the terms.   The appellant states that the terms of the site had changed since the last time he parked two years ago. The operator’s photographs of the signage on site are dated 27 March 2019.   It is clear based on these photographs that the terms had been in place for at least three months by the time the appellant parked, which I am satisfied was a reasonable period for any regular user of the site to adapt to any change to the terms.   The appellant states that signage at the entrance to and throughout the site did not make the terms clear. He has provided various photographs taken on and around the site.   As detailed above, I am satisfied based on the evidence as a whole that signage made the terms sufficiently clear. I am satisfied from the evidence that the terms of the site were made clear and that the appellant breached the terms by parking without registering for a permit.   I am therefore satisfied that the PCN was issued correctly and I must refuse this appeal.   docs1.pdf
  • Our picks

tarm39

CLI threaten doorstepper over Enagic Europe FB business ads

Hello all... 

Today I received a notice email from them that someone will visit the above address within 14 days (there is no address listed) 

This is for a company I got roped into joining online back in 2016 and never received the products for so I cancelled my monthly payments for this company called Enagic. 

Nothing happened  for 3 years until

around a month ago when I got an email from CLI telling me that I owed £998 and that they would be chasing me for the debt owed.

Same emails as you've had above and they've sent 3 since. 

I am very worried about this and do not wait debt collectors at my door despite you're reassurance that they can't enforce anything.

Is there any actual way they will either come to the door or try to collect this debt?

Please note that I do not live at the address I was at back in 2016 and have moved several times since.

I am now living with my partner in our first home which we own and moved in may 2019.

I got into this business and I do not want to pay for something that I never received and got coaxed into joining with false promises etc.

Enagic Europe aren't a UK company and it appears that after 3 years something has been done and CLI are trying to chase me for the debt. 

What happens from here on out?

Do I try and seek advice or just ignore?

I've ignored every email they've sent me and as far as I'm aware the only information that they have is my email address..

. Not sure if they've ever sent a letter as I'm not at the address I was at during the time I joined the business. 

Back in Feb 2016 I was roped into joining a terrible business called Enagic. I was promised thousands of pounds in commission and I'd be coached through the process etc etc etc. To cut a long story short, I made no money and I wasn't coached through anything. Nor did I receive the help I was promised and I spent over £1,000 on FB ads with no success as promised. 

I cancelled my monthly payments to this terrible business almost straight after and I've never paid since. Nothing was said or mentioned until around 4 weeks ago when I received an email from a company called "Credit Limits International" demanding payment for this debt and they will chase me for it etc. Very threatening and making me very worried. 

Joining this company put me in debt with another loan for the FB ads (which I am still paying to this day) it caused me to have to put my online business to one side and get another full time job which I am still doing now. 

I ignored their emails (the only way they have been able to get in touch with me) and today I received an email saying they will visit my house within 14 days to chase the debt on the above address... 

There was no address written in the email and they've never mentioned my address or phone number etc. 

What shall I do?

I've been reading a few threads from people saying that they had the same and that they can't enforce anything and that they are just a DCA company that sends empty threats in hope that people will pay for something that they don't owe or that they've taken on a debt that most people were unaware of. 

I've moved house 6 times since I joined the business and I have only lived at my current address for 3 months.

I am worried they will visit my home demanding payment for something that has pretty much ruined my life for the last 3 years and I have had no communications with Enagic of CLI since I cancelled these crippling payments to this horrible business. 

They are trying to chase me for almost £1000. Nothing has been mentioned until August 2019 after over 3 years. 

Please advise me on what I should do.

Thank you all in advance!!! 

Any advice and reassurance would be appreciated.

Also, did anyone actually get a visit from these people? 

Thank you all! 

Wouldn't it be fun to tell them you've moved to Italy and give them an address in one of the gigantic blocks with 1000 flats sharing the same address (yes, you heard it right!).

They identify the recipient by family name, but most intercoms are blank, so letters are simply left on a bench on ground floor.

• Thanks 1

So am I right in saying that they won't know where I live ?

On the email theyve never written my address, phone number or anything.

The only information that they have is my email address I think. 

That would be funny!!! How weird that they live like that 

had had the doorstep collection email from them on the 6th August

still waiting for them to call .......

• Thanks 1

Did they / do they have your address etc?

I'm worried about a visit but when they don't even write an address when saying "we will visit the above address" and there's nothing written above it makes me wonder if they actually have my address and how they got it considering I've actually moved 6 times since living at the only address they should have on file. 

Did they also tell you within 14 working days? Or 7? 

own topic created

tarm39

simply ignore them and block and bounce their email address

NOTHING they can do to you

and no never seen them ever appear at a door to collect the doorstep.

stop panicking .

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on any debt

dx

• Thanks 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you for your advice! 

What happens to the debt though? Surely they don't just give up? Can they enforce anything at all? 

Thank you again Dx! 

Nothing will happen to the debt. It may exist on paper and be valid for as long as statute of limitation allows.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

plenty of CLI threads here to read.

block and bounce their emails

dx

• Like 1

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I'm just wondering is there any action that they can take to recover this debt? What happens now? 

On 03/09/2019 at 11:45, efc2011 said:

had had the doorstep collection email from them on the 6th August

still waiting for them to call .......

Any news? 

not a lot they can do to you

spreadsheets 

1 minute ago, dx100uk said:

not a lot they can do to you

So do they now own the debt? Or shall I still expect to have to pay this? 

title updated this is not an Italian PCN.

there is nothing they can do to you follow post 9

spreadsheets 

It's a European debt though one way or another I'm sure. Have CLI (based in UK) purchased the debt in hope that they will scaremonger me into paying? It's been 3 years since it happened so how long before this gets wiped? 

read their letter carefully

it will say our client?

ps if they have not WRITTEN to you

i'd simply block and bounce their emails

you are seriously stressing about nothing....

dx

spreadsheets 

Won't their client be the company (Enagic) that I owe the debt to? 

So Enagic are trying to chase the debt and are using a DCA to do so, does that now become their debt or are Enagic still going to try and chase me for the debt? That's what I'm stressing about 

stuff and all they can do to you.

stop panicking .

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

spreadsheets 

So Enagic won't have anything to do with their debt now and it will just get swept under the carpet? I'm worried about Enagic themselves just as much as CLI. 

well they'd have to follow the legal rules

which means they must WRITE to you.

as to date they haven't 

email are not acceptable as they don't ever know you've read them.

forget about 

go enjoy your life.

dx

spreadsheets 

And if they've written to an old address? Im guessing unless the person's returned to sender, they will have followed the written laws? 

stop doing their job

you're on your credit file so..

this is why its willy waving.

same as a paypal debt

there is nothing they can do to you.

dx

spreadsheets 

8 hours ago, tarm39 said:

Any news? 

no nothing as of yet

they know the debt is unenforceable, if is was they wouldnt waste their time and just get on and sue you but they cant.

The client company has a bad reputation for telling lies and poor service so they wont want to actually take you to court, even if they could.

The people you were dealing with are unlikely to have the authority to do or say anything anywayas they are agents of agents.

CLI get paid a few quid to take on cases like this and make their money out of you rather than being paid by their client.

if they overstep the mark they will get done for champerty and Maintenance so they will say almost anything to get you to pay up but will stop short of actual court action.

change your email address and block theirs.

Ive now received an email of final notice before proceedings 

This is part of what they sent me...

Following non-payment of your overdue account, we have been instructed by our above client to proceed with formal recovery of the outstanding balance.

?

To avoid further action, you must make payment in full or contact us within 48 hours.

?

Failure to pay will result in further steps being taken, including legal action via the appropriate Court in your jurisdiction, which may result in:

?

- A Judgment being entered against you

- Court Fees, Solicitors and Enforcement Costs being added to the debt

- Your Credit Rating being affected

?

In any case, it is in your interest to contact us.

?

Let us remind you of your right to seek free independent legal advice from debt organisations such as the National Debtline, the Stepchange or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

?

Whatever you decide to do, you should know that it is our client?s policy to recover all outstanding debts in full. If there is any reason why you will not be making payment today, do not ignore this letter and contact us immediately.

what do I do??? I am worried and it looks like Enagic are going to try to get this money one way or another???? 

On 09/09/2019 at 14:48, dx100uk said:

stuff and all they can do to you.

stop panicking .

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

So Enagic won't have anything to do with their debt now and it will just get swept under the carpet? I'm worried about Enagic themselves just as much as CLI.