TfL fare evasion Fake 16+ Oyster card 81 uses in court** RESOLVED fine no criminal record **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

In April 2019 I was caught with a 16+ oyster on the bus.

The card was taken

I then received a letter in the post giving a chance to explain the incident.

I explained how my friend got the card for me without me knowing that it was illegal to use.

I also explained that I was on heavy medication for my depression and anxiety therefore it clouded my judgement.

They then asked for more evidence on my medication to which then I provided. 

I have now received a letter in the post summoning me to court.

It says

“if you plead guilty or are found guilty of any offence(s) with which you have been charged you can, before any sentence is passed, admit all or any of the matter in the attached schedule, ask the court to take them into consideration, this in turn will result in NOT being subsequently charged with any of these matters.” 

I don’t know what to do, I am about to start my teacher training and I can’t have a criminal conviction.

1) Do you think I have a chance of settling out of court despite 81 offences?

2) If I plead guilty, sign the TIC’s and pay the fine will that lead to a conviction?

Please help! I am really stressed out and I don’t know what to do!! 

• dx100uk changed the title to TfL fare evasion Fake 16+ Oyster card 81 uses - prosecution letter

I will guess this was a fake internet one yes?

the 81 uses are called TIC, Taken Into Consideration, which means they are basically forgotten about/put aside IF you admit guilt to the ONE offence you've been charged with.

you need to again write if you can.

see if you can get an OOC settlement, before or even ON the day with the prosecutor if the letter fails.

as for the court summons.

you sign off on all the TIC's and state for the one main offence

you plead guilty and wish to attend court to personally show the judge your extreme remorse at this stupid period in your life.

plenty of example letters here already.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for your reply!

One of my friends got it for me so yes I assume that’s the way they did it. 

What shall i include in my letter? Should I mention my financial status and how I get no income support and the fact I am a nanny and could lose my job and my teacher training position? - I am only 21 so I hope they take this into consideration. 

I’m a bit confused - should I send the signed TICs with my guilty plead in AND write a letter asking for an OOC settlement too? Also, if I plead guilty on the summons does it mean I get a conviction which will show on records? 

Court papers to the court

Letter to tfl

If you don't get an ooc its rare not to get a record

There are numerous fake 16+ card threads here

Read them!!

You found the forum same page further down or use our search

Letter examples are there too,

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

Hello, 

not sure if anyone is still on this thread.

I didn’t attend court as I was unavailable on the day

I received another court date.

On Monday I received this in the post.

Can someone please tell me what it means as I find it very confusing. 

also I didn’t send the papers to court nor did I plead guilty so I’m not sure why they said that. 

thanks

court letter.pdf

and you didn't read any threads here either....

you needed to sign the TIC paperwork and reply guilty 

I would get on with what they say you need to do , else the deal will be lost and prosecution will be very heavy.

they have offered you an olive branch TAKE IT QUICK.

did you further appeal for OOC settlement to TfL as advised?

dx

and they

As I read it, they're offering to limit the prosecution to the one occasion when you were caught. If you don't go a long to court, they will bring a separate prosecution for every time you used the fraudulent ticket.

I would suggest re-reading dx's post #2, the advice won't have changed.

Are you attending court this time? It sounds important. Also, it gives you the chance to speak to the prosecutor on the about settling out of court. You will need the money in cash if he/she agrees.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would like to attend however I’m a trainee teacher and I am not allowed to take any days off and I’m also teaching. 
I also suffer from really bad anxiety and panic attacks so I’m scared of collapsing or something. 

do you think I can call IAP and say I understand over the phone?

• 1 month later...

and?

and they

• 1 month later...

Sorry everyone for the late reply.

Been going through a family death and it has been very hectic the past few months.   

just wanted to update everyone..

I ended up ringing tfl prosecutions team a day before I was meant to go to court and I told the woman on the phone how I won’t be able to attend as I can’t take the day off work.

The woman on the phone was so lovely and told me to email the court services and tell them my circumstances and ask them if the court can proceed in my absence. She also said that they don’t do out of court settlements anymore - which is easy to believe as there has of course been a massive rise in people caught with counterfeit cards. 

She then advised me that after looking at my case, emails and my mitigating circumstances it is likely that the court will just send a fine to my house with no criminal record. (of course she said that this is not 100% what will happen it is just what she THINKS will happen). 

2 weeks later I got a letter in the post with a fine of around £600 and around 3 weeks to pay it. 

im very grateful that they decided to just fine me and not charge me with a record. 
thank you dx100uk and honeybee13 for all your help!!

• Like 1

its really nice to have this confirmed, that they do just fine and not create a criminal record.

I have heard this several times.

I will also say that OOC are still happening, but rarely for Fake oyster cards now, and that allies with other reports here too, but that doesn't mean its not available of other travel offences.

dx

and they

• honeybee13 changed the title to TfL fare evasion Fake 16+ Oyster card 81 uses ** RESOLVED **
  • dx100uk changed the title to TfL fare evasion Fake 16+ Oyster card 81 uses in court** RESOLVED fine no criminal record **