mightym

SIP ANPR PCN - entered wrong reg - SIP Machester Tariff street

Posted (edited)

After some assistance please, I entered my reg incorrectly (one digit) but paid for the time I was there. still have my parking ticket which was displayed and covered the time I was in the car park.

1 Date of the infringement

5/8/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

12/8/2019

3 Date received

unknown

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Yes - completed online form

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Yes

Dear ,

We are in receipt your appeal against PCN .

Please be advised this charge was issued correctly, however, as a goodwill gesture to contribute towards the cost of the charge, we will accept an administration fee of £15.00 Please be aware, if you appeal to the IAS, the administration fee will be void. 
Please be aware, this admin fee is valid for 14days, starting with the date of this email. If you choose not to accept this, or it is not paid within the time frame, the PCN will continue down the standard recovery method and stand. 

Yours Sincerely,

SIP Parking Limited

Why should I respond to this letter?

If you fail to respond to this letter, legal proceedings may be issued against you in the County Courts/Sheriffs Court. This may result in:
  1. You may have to pay more in the end because of court costs
  2. A court judgment/decree
  3. Your possessions being seized

How do I pay?

1. By Phone - to use a credit or debit card please call 0333 999 7575 and select "Pay my PCN"
  2. Online - to use a credit or debit card go to http://www.payments.sipcarparks.com
  3. By Cheque or Postal Order - Make your cheque or postal order payable to SIP, write your reference on the back and send it to: SIP Parking Limited, PO BOX 5450, Manchester, M61 0JX

Independent Appeals Service

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal to the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued. Appeals must be submitted to the IAS after 24 hours but before 21 days of the date of this notice. For further information please visithttp://www.theias.org. if you choose to use this service and your appeal is rejected all discretionary discounts provided by SIP Parking Limited are revoked and the full PCN amount of £100 becomes payable.

VEHICLE KEEPER DETAILS FROM THE DVLA

We obtained your name and address from the DVLA in Swansea. Regulations made under the Vehicle Registration and Licensing legislation provide that DVLA may release vehicle particulars to anyone who can show reasonable cause for wanting the particulars. Further information about the release of vehicle information is obtainable from http://www.direct.gov.uk. Alternatively you can write to DVLA at:

VCS Fee-paying enquiries, DVLA, Longview Road, Swansea, SA99 1AJ

COMPLAINTS

You may lodge an official complaint if you can prove

• That we have used the information for purposes other than dealing with a parking charge notice; or
  • That you have been subjected to unreasonable behaviour or harassment either in person or by telephone by our employees.

In the first instance, please write to us at the following address:

SIP Parking Limited, Customer Service Department, PO Box 5450, Manchester, M61 0JX

SIP is a member of the Independent Parking Committee (IPC). We are required to follow IPC's Code of Practice, details of which may be viewed athttp://www.theipc.info. Alternatively you may obtain details by writing to the IPC at the following address:

The Independent Parking Committee, 4 The Stables, Red Cow Yard, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6DG

Your information is confidential and is subject to Data Protection Act. If you believe your information has been used inappropriately, you should notify us immediately and can notify Information Commissioner by writing to the address below:

The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF

Our continued use of DVLA's records depends on our adherence to the code of practice. If after having dealt with your complaint you still feel aggrieved, please write to the DVLA at the address given below.

VCS Fee-paying enquiries, DVLA, Longview Road, Swansea, SA99 1AJ

NOTICE: this email box is not monitored and replies to this mailbox will not read or responded too.

7 Who is the parking company?

SIP car park ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Tariff street car park, manchester

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Edited by mightym

And your appeal please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I didn’t get a copy of what I put in the appeal (rooky mistake). However it did say I had accidentally placed a digit wrong I did display the ticket and provided a photo of the ticket. 

Does this help? 

yep bang shot yourself in the foot there by appealing and outing yourself as the driver.

pers i'd do nothing more now

you have proof of payment

just because their ANPR is so useless it cant workout an extra payment and one that got inputted wrong around the same time period is NOT your problem.

see if they get one of their fake/tame paperwork only solicitors to issue a letter of claim

if they do then comeback here

there are numerous wrong reg topics here to read 

use our search top right.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Tbh it all depends what £15 is to you and how brave or how much of a worrier you are. Yes, you'd probably win if it ever went to court - there's plenty of history of wins over trivial errors of reg numbers. It might not go to court, SIP don't do much court. However, this will more than likely mean months of letters with them gradually claiming you owe them more and more including (powerless/fake) debt collector and solicitor letters. If you can hold your nerve that's fine, but if that's going to cause you sleepless nights, then £15 might be worth it to make it go away. It's your call.

the request for £15 for admin is just cobblers legally speaking and so badly worded it makes it look like you owe them nothing if you appeal anyway and that is not what they mean.

look up the term "de minimis" and then look up parking cases at PATAS with incorrect car reg and de minmimis and you will see that as there has been no loss the parking co shouldnt be trying to sue for money they ahvent lost for trifling reasons.

In short they will get a spanking if they do go ater you but they are a nuisance and will drain you of energy if you dont have the right attitude and desire to fight so if you are likely to cave in later then take the offer but understand that it isnt an honest offer, just a convenience for you