• Tweets

• Hi I have received not one but three of the same PAP letters (just different amounts and details) from Moriarty Law, allegedly for three different ADCB credit cards taken out in UAE in 2009 for a total debt they claim is now almost 200,000 pounds across the three accounts.  I think I may have had one credit card from them, but there was nowhere near that amount outstanding, if anything, when I left the UAE for good on September 30, 2010. There is a difference with my case, however and I need some advice.  I have lived in Hong Kong since 2012 (I am a permanent resident there) and the letters have been sent to my elderly mother's address, which is where my UK bank account is registered, and have been forwarded to me. Though they are dated August 20 and 21 I only received them yesterday. There are also two follow-up "Final demand before proceedings letter" both dated September 8. In previous years there have only been various DCA letters sent which have all been ignored My queries are this: 1. What would happens if the letters were returned with a note that this person is "no longer lives at this address" - moved abroad” 2. Or should I return the PAP reply form anyway as set out on this forum but with no address on it (it might confuse them with a Hong Kong stamp on the envelope I guess) 3. If I do that, should I send the three forms separately or together? 4. Should I return it saying I have left the country adn not to send any more correspondece to my old address? 5 Or is there any other advice you can give.  I am not sure if I reveal that I am in Hong Kong that could stop UK proceedings, could I have a CCJ in absentia and could it be enforced, or whether could chase me for it in Hong Kong which has a similar statue of limitation law to UK? Thanks for any speedy advice. Time is short because it takes four or five days for post to get between UK and HK.        
    • A step by step guide on how to use the Armed Forces Pension Calculator     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-use-the-armed-forces-pension-calculator
    • Hi   Repair and Support Plan states: If your product goes wrong after the 3rd Repair, you can request a replacement.(The faults must be mechanical they say e.g Hard Drive as opposed to physical/accidental to qualify for replacement/vouchers).   My Laptop has had 4 Hard Drive replacements. They are attempting to claim that a corner being missing when the laptop went in for repair over rides Hard Drive Failure and are therefore claiming my laptop has had only 3 repairs.   Also Well fix in 7 days or replacement-1 of the repairs took almost a month. Ive refused delivery of my `fixed` laptop now for 3 months while arguing to and fro with them that they have breached the support plan and I want replacement vouchers.They are now charging me £50 to store my laptop and are going to dispose of it in 6 days if I dont contact them. Been through usual channels..Consumer advice... just found out they wont participate in ADR. I loathe this company they are a disgrace. Ive paid A support Plan £11 per month for over 8 years. Im aware how bad they are and how many people they have shafted. Anyone any idea where I stand ..what I do?I dont want them to get away with broaching the policy as well as binning my laptop.Im left with nothing.    
    • So it is...... ...but has yet to be determined by a Judge...who would no doubt decide that  Bailey had the use of the vehicle  during the term of the agreement and therefore benefited.   Too risky....I would be happy with this result and leave it at that. 
    • If the claim is private individual against business, the case should be heard in your local court. Did you buy the dress under a business name or your own individual name?
  • Our picks

mark1arby

Notice of Assignment.

Is the existence of the Notice of Assignment important in the collection of a debt and, are there any reasons ie: Commercial Sensitivity, why the Notice of Assignment can not be seen by the debtor?

no 

whats the debt all about please 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

This is a VERY OLD Welcome secured loan. 

It has been passed around at least 5 DCAs since 2010. 

It is now in the hands of Coast Finance Solutions who are really going for it. 

They have treated every letter we send as a separate complaint, so we now are very confused as to who to deal with. 

They insist it is a mortgage though we believe it comes under CCA 1974. 

We recently recieved SAR that is redacted to death!  Haven't assessed it yet. 

Already have old SARs over the years. 

In a letter they state they can not produce the Notice of Assignment because it contains Commercially Sensitive material. 

Thanks for the speed of your reply DX.

When was the last payment on this? If not acknowledged as such would be Statute barred in all probability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

what this mammoth debacle!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

so whats the score then?

surely as stated its well statute barred now ?

or is it showing as a charge on your property?

spreadsheets 

Incorrect...thats the Deed of Assignment.....which does contain  Commercially Sensitive material..IE what they paid for it..10/20p in the £.The Notice of Assignment is merely notice to you the debtor that the debt has been legally assigned...and without this they shouldn't be chasing you for the debt unless they can prove they are legally entitled to...hence the NOA.

In a letter they state they can not produce the Notice of Assignment because it contains Commercially Sensitive material. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread