• Tweets

• Summary disposal /Judgment now without even submitting a defence....... they never intended submitting a defence with or without an agreed extension.   Evidence: applicants must identify the point of law or document to be relied on and state the grounds for making the application in accordance with CPR 24.2.   An application for summary judgment is usually only made once the defence or acknowledgement of service has been filed. Summary judgment applications are suitable in cases where the party making the application considers that the case is a clear cut matter of fact or law, in which oral evidence is not required. It is also used when the applicant considers that the other party has insufficient evidence to prove its case. There are considerable potential savings in terms of time and costs.   An application notice must be completed, then filed and served along with the supporting evidence - usually a witness statement together with copies of any supporting documents. The supporting evidence will set out the reasons why the applicant considers summary judgment to be appropriate.   The respondent also has an opportunity to rely on written evidence, which must be served in good time for the hearing.  
    • It goes on and on.   Did the bars staying open even hold water? This is in the article you linked to. My bolding. The regulations announced by Boris Johnson last Thursday state that “workplace canteens may remain open where there is no practical alternative for staff at that workplace to obtain food”.
    • Attached is their N244 to request a strike out and costs. They had also included the T&C's from several other banks to show that £12 fees are the norm in banking, I extracted them to reduce the file size.   Because one of the newer cards was defaulted, they argue they never got enriched and so no  restitution is due. Possibly for some of the latter charges, however there are many I paid. Even so the old card is where the bulk of the restitution lies, it was never defaulted.   They are dismissive of Benson Kleinworth and cite Cavendish Square Holding BV v El Makdessi; ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis [2015]  to dismiss the fees as not being penalties.     redacted n244 strike out.pdf
    • it would seem NONE of the new rules applying to everyone else applies there   "As well as being free to remain open beyond 10pm, the new, stricter rules regarding wearing face coverings and customers checking in at venues will also not apply to parliamentary bars, according to a report in The Times."   So no tracing if one tests positive either..
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Notice of Assignment.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 392 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Is the existence of the Notice of Assignment important in the collection of a debt and, are there any reasons ie: Commercial Sensitivity, why the Notice of Assignment can not be seen by the debtor?

no 

whats the debt all about please 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is a VERY OLD Welcome secured loan. 

It has been passed around at least 5 DCAs since 2010. 

It is now in the hands of Coast Finance Solutions who are really going for it. 

They have treated every letter we send as a separate complaint, so we now are very confused as to who to deal with. 

They insist it is a mortgage though we believe it comes under CCA 1974. 

We recently recieved SAR that is redacted to death!  Haven't assessed it yet. 

Already have old SARs over the years. 

In a letter they state they can not produce the Notice of Assignment because it contains Commercially Sensitive material. 

Thanks for the speed of your reply DX.

When was the last payment on this? If not acknowledged as such would be Statute barred in all probability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

what this mammoth debacle!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so whats the score then?

surely as stated its well statute barred now ?

or is it showing as a charge on your property?

and they

Incorrect...thats the Deed of Assignment.....which does contain  Commercially Sensitive material..IE what they paid for it..10/20p in the £.The Notice of Assignment is merely notice to you the debtor that the debt has been legally assigned...and without this they shouldn't be chasing you for the debt unless they can prove they are legally entitled to...hence the NOA.

In a letter they state they can not produce the Notice of Assignment because it contains Commercially Sensitive material. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread