• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow CCJ and Bailiffs

dwain dibley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for help with this company.

They sent me a letter in June, saying they were acting for Arrow Global.

I responded with letter template N.

I never heard anything for a while. The letter was signed for.

They have now sent me another letter asking for payment in 7 days, they seem to be ignoring my letter N.

I'm not sure if I should send another letter N.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,.

Thanks in advance

No need to send a further request...they have received and signed for your original.If anything send a response that you are still waiting for a response to your section 78 request dated xxxx and signed for xxxxxxx.(enclose a copy)

On receipt of a response and compliance you will give their letter dated xxxxx further consideration.

State the number of days they are now over the legal compliance time allowed.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 5 years later...

Long time no see welcome back dwain...more problems ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Well dont pay anyone that cant produce an enforceable agreement

cause stepchange wont check for you...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am getting some help with debt advice from step change

:behindsofa:

hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I have been struggling a bit lately.

I got a letter from bailiffs a few weeks ago, stating that i had a ccj by arrow global and to make payments.

I called to step change to see if they could hold off the bailiffs till i found out more about the situation.

It goes back from original debt from early 2000s.

i tried with right of information requests around 2013 when i was being advised to do iva or maybe go bankrupt.

My memory is a bit hazy from around that time.

there were a few dca folk working to collect different debts.

Foolishly I lost all docs as i thought they give up because they did not have the docs they needed to enforce. 

The debt was passed around a bit because none would send the proof.

Is it worth challenging them that they never sent me the details i asked for in 2013.

They just sent a blank document they say was the original agreement with my address but no signatures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Andyorch changed the title to Arrow CCJ and Bailiffs

Thread moved to the appropriate forum and thread title updated.

Andy

found a couple of old postes from 2013

they are here now at the start....

seems like you vanished before getting any further help and arrows got a ccj then.

so you never defended the court claim?

or you knew nothing about it

who are the bailiffs that have written please?

is this court bailiff giving you 7 days before things are to move forward via notice of enforcement?

expand your timeline and story please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your kind response.

I was going through this process some years ago.

I started the letter process several times with them.

They either ignored or passed back to Arrow.

I thought they had given up.

a few years later and I moved, started a new relationship etc and forgot about it.

I have periods of depression and generally have a phobia of dealing with financial matters.

It has cost me thousands.

Last month I got a warrant of control letter from the courts asking to settle up a £6k ccj from Arrow.

I rang the courts, they said they cannot postpone.

I rang Arrow, they referred me to Drydens. 

I contacted step change in order to get a reference number to indicate to bailiffs that I was dealing with the situation. 

I sent a subject access request and a right of information request to Drydens, they passed to Arrow.

Arrow have responded to the subject access saying it is complex and may take 90 days maybe another 14 after that.

They ignored the right of information letter.

They did send me copies of a few letters they sent to me around 2013.

One is a letter to me saying they have responded to my request to satisfy section 78 of the consumer credit act.

Another is what they say is a credit agreement, but it is blank, just a bit of scribble on top, but no signatures where there should be.

I have made complaints to both of them.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

what date was the CCJ

and who is this warrant from

a court bailiff

or

an HCEO company?

sending paperwork requests now is pretty useless

the CCJ trumps  any enforceability wriggles.

and they

Can't be HCEO on a Consumer Regulated debt .

ccj was in 2016. warrant is from a court bailiff.

I know it is a long shot but I was hoping that after them not sending me the info i requested back in 2013 that the ccj may be put aside.  Looks like that boat sailed.

Another ccj is a few hundred £ from 2015. I didn't know about either till i got a credit report recently.

Before I can send in a N245 form i need to find out about another debt that robinson way are after me for. this is an £8k credit card debt ( i think). They sent a letter out to me in 2017.  I ignored it and haven't heard anything since. I will need to deal with them by a right of info letter i guess in order to tally up all debts to deal with at once. This one does not show on my equifax report.

I guess that my options may be bankrupcy or IVA from here.

not such thing as a right of info letter...…………..

and you don't send an sar to a dca either.

if you've not got copies of the claimforms nor the judgements

get the CCj no's from your credit file

ring northants bulk up and ask for copies by email pdf.

if a debt is not on your credit file, either by ccj or listed as a default YOU DONT TELL A LENDER about them...

an n245 only varies the judgement to your proposed £PCM

it doesn't remove a CCJ just the threat of bailiff action.

dx

and they

i am a mere peasant and do not understand the workings of dca's,  sars and legal letters and such. my mind goes blank.

i got the right of info letter from step change, .....

Right to information request

Please can you send me a copy of the original signed agreement and an up to date statement showing all of the transactions on this account including interest and charges.

Please can you include any other documents that are referred to in my agreement.

I’m entitled to this information under ss77-79 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974.
Please send this information to me within 12 working days of you receiving this letter. The Act states that you can’t enforce an agreement until this request is complied with. .

Yours faithfully.

I guess it is just stalling a bit and academic now i guess.

with the sar, i wanted to get copies of letters i sent to them and them to me, years ago and they ignored. They did actually send me these recently but again, too late for me to do anything about it now.

If i were to go bankrupt or get an iva i would need to know all of the debts claimed against me. I hope to deal with all of the problems in one go and be done with it. I would rather go to prison than having to deal with this. i fear going into depression again. I lost about 7 years, a marriage, house, and employment last time.

my options from this point i suppose are iva or bankruptcy as i have little cash left per month after doing a budget.

Thanks for your help.

thats called a CCA request.

ok calm down 

lets deal with things as they stand

the 1st priority is this warrant of control.

the rest of the debts can wait till this is dealt with but theres no need to go DRO/IVA/BK for consumer credit debts no.

so to date have you contacted the bailiff and informed them of your proposal to instigate an N245 and vary the judgement.

and they

I just told the court office that i was dealing with step change. I rang the bailiffs several times but they don't answer. I have left messages.  I keep getting anxiety attacks and struggle to call them again. I am supposed to call them and inform them that my wife is disabled and vulnerable. I will try again.

get the n245 in he'll soon know

and they

I thought I couldn't do the n245 until I know the extent of my debts. Robinson have just contacted about the £8k from cabot (hsbc). i sent them a cca request.

They may try for a ccj.

I don't know how arrow got a ccj without the signed copy of agreement that i am sure doesn't exist.

I don't know how arrow got a ccj without the signed copy of agreement that i am sure doesn't exist.

Because you didn't defend the claim or wasn't aware and therefore they didn't need any paperwork...default judgment rubber stamped no human intervention.

robinson way are nothing to do with cabot!

and they

Is it worth considering trying to get the ccj removed? or at least making a complaint about it. I did ask for the information, years before and they never sent it. They recently sent me a unsigned document that they say is the original agreement.

The letter from robinson way has their letter head and has a box with "Due to: CABOT FINANCIAL (EX HSBC)"  account number xxxxxxxxx reference number xxxxxx and amount £ xxxxxxxx.

really that's weird. hoist working for cabot..

as said earlier any paperwork wriggles are for before a CCJ is issued not afterwards, that ship has sailed.

so have you done the N245 today?

if not its another 3 days wasted.

that is your priority

the rest can wait..

dx

and they