• Tweets

• And in Wales Second home owners and Tourists can drive 50 miles through locked down counties while locals are confined to barracks.  Gething in Wales is as useless as hancock in England.  Of couse they  can't ban travel through Anglesey and up the A55 to England or the Port of Holyhead a vital ferry link with Ireland would have to close as trucks couldn't move.    They are not sure if someone in Conwy with a hospital appointment in Wrexham would be allowed to travel to it as if its non urgent might fall foul of the reasonable excuse clause.   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/can-visitors-travel-through-lockdown-19020391
    • Dear BankFodder,    Does the required 14 days after my letter of claim include weekends?  This particulars of claim ok?   The claimant used the defendants parcel delivery service on 14 July 2020 to deliver two parcels from Cambridge to an address in London. Defendants reference numbers 8836280247638782 and 8836280247639086. The parcels contained various items total value £400- full details have been provided to the defendant in the initial complaint and several correspondence which they declined. Both parcels have been confirmed lost by the defendants notwithstanding the claimant being diligent and alerting the Defendants in time for them to remedy the situation. In the circumstances the Defendants are in breach of contract to deliver the goods and negligent in handling the claimant’s goods in their position which resulted in the items being lost within the Defendants network. The claimant seeks damages of £400plus delivery charge of £ 15.44 plus interest per section 69 County Courts act 1984 plus costs.  
    • As weddings get fines even if 130 strong stag hunt gatherings dont   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/wedding-coronavirus-fine-leeds-restrictions-police-b680059.html   "The wedding was held just hours after local lockdown restrictions came into force in Leeds" - Didnt you hear on the news this morning that the rules changed at 10:30 last night and you should have cancelled your wedding ?
    • More evidence that Handcock and co' cks are manipulating figures by approx x4 We have already seen that Hancock  & Johnson claims of 240,000 - 300,000 tests daily actually equate to only around 60-80,000 people tested daily   Heres a report on the latest actual situation at care homes with 4% outbreaks reported by HC-On and 1% reported by PHE/Handcock. Care home coronavirus outbreaks cast doubt on official PHE data Exclusive: Largest provider says 70 of its homes have had outbreaks, with 20 in the last fortnight https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/30/care-home-coronavirus-outbreaks-cast-doubt-on-official-phe-data   "In one week in September, HC-One recorded new outbreaks in a dozen homes – equivalent to 4% of its facilities. By contrast, PHE recorded new outbreaks over the same period at just 1% of all homes. Outbreaks are defined as two or more people at a home testing positive, including staff."   and testing at care homes: "HC-One said that between 19 and 25 September, tests of more than 1,000 staff at 12 of its homes took more than a week to come back. It means the results are close to useless because after seven days the workers are due to be tested again. More than 700 of the tests carried out that week were also returned void, the chain said."  
    • Up to 12 per cent of all branches and ATMs closed between April and June, according to the Financial Conduct Authority and Payment Systems Regulator. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Online Claim Forms

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 394 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On the online claim form,  I forgot to tick the box that Particulars of claims will follow within 14 days. However I forwarded the PC to the Bulk centre  within time but the defendant says that  I cannot rely on the particulars of Claim.

What should I do as the case is small claim and not be allocated to any court yet.

think you need to expand on this story please

and how are the defendants contacting you with this refusal?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk, I have sent copies of  PC to the defendant and had responded that ': ( Your claim form also does not say that detailed particulars of claim would be following separately (see Practice Direction 7A paragraph 6.2 and Rule 16.2(2)  of the Civil Procedure Rules).  You are therefore not entitled to rely on the particulars of claim.') The defendant contacted via email same way I sent out PC by email.

Read from 5.1 onwards....this is what you should have done.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part07/pd_part07e#2.1

As for failing to tick the box re separate particulars you will have to speak to MCOL ...you may have to make an application to seek an extension of time for service or possibly discontinue the claim and re submit...worse scenario an application for relief from sanctions should the defendant make application to strike out your claim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depends on the value of the claim......you can be liable for costs if you discontinue a claim once allocated to Fast Track.If its SCT then then its fairly safe to discontinue before allocation...subject to what the defendants Sols ( I assume they have representation ?) have done so far ...but from reading your initial post and what they have  ...be careful they are on the ball and maybe safer to disc after allocation.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread