Alleged GB energy debt - now co-op Energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice please so I need to know what action to take. 

In July 2016 I signed up with gb energy supply paying £35 pcm

in October gb energy changed over to cooperative and

my bill in November 2016 was £26 in debit,

December I moved out of the property to Scotland which I have all the evidence to prove,

just received a bill of £890 for energy used till October 2017,

and there threatening with legal action,

where do I stand as I wasn't even at that address in 2017

when did you tell them you had moved out? Did you give them a final meter reading? If you didnt they arent expected to know

You may well owe them somehting to balance out the difference between your monthy DD and the actual bill so you need all of the dates and consumption figures

Well probably a bit late to say it – but lessons for the future – take care of these things yourself. Don't rely on other people and certainly don't rely on landlords. They don't care.

Send the company an SAR and then in a separate letter send them evidence that you weren't in residence at that address. In that second letter, head it up "formal complaint" and tell them that if they don't resolve it then you want it taken to the energy ombudsman.

Keep us informed as to what happens.

Have you checked your credit file? If there is nothing on it at the moment then keep an eye on it.

There's nothing on my credit file no defaults no nothing which makes me suspicious as gb energy went into liquidation, just very suspicious

My ex landlord said they would organise it, as far as we were concerned gb energy went bust and taken over, I don't mind paying up to December 2016 but not 800 when I wasn't even living there

When a rental property lies empty the owner is liable for the bills.  Having worked for an energy company, dealing with debt, I know LL’s frequently try to avoid paying by marrying up the dates when tenants were there. It could even be that the next tenant ran up the bill up under your name because you never called with a final reading to close the account, or even a succession of tenants...

As stated above, never ever rely on someone else to provide opening/closing readings if you are paying the bill.

Incidently how did the energy company know your new address to send the bill to you?

Edited by Raven1

ignore powerless DCA's

they are not bailiffs

deal with the client directly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...