BankFodder BankFodder

Enton

Registering re-imported car with old V5C

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

in 2016 I had bought a car and directly exported it to Germany.  The seller notified the DVLA of that sale and export via the notification of permanent export. I had kept the rest of the V5C.
Now I re-imported the car back to the UK and need it being registered in my name (HMRC already got informed of the import via NOVA and says I can move forward with registering the car).

Can I still just send in the new keepers V5C/2 green slip, even though it is like 4 years ago that I had bought the car? If so, should I add an explanation like this to the submission? Or what do I have to do?

The car has never been registered in Germany... so the old V5C is the most recent registration.

Edited by Enton