PayPal debt

Cocacola124
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could someone help/advise. 

I stupidly sold around £4,000 worth of stuff on eBay that I didn’t have to post.

Obviously eBay refunded buyers who did not receive.

In the meantime I withdrew the payments from PayPal to fund a drug addiction.

I am now getting help for this.

Now I owe PayPal £4,000 which I don’t have all at once to pay them back.

I could pay them something like 250 per month.

Does anyone know i they accept payment plans?

Also what are the chances they will pass this case onto the police and have me arrested for it? 

I started getting calls from them yesterday saying I have negative balance of £4,200.

I am not sure if I should come clean when they ask where the money has gone or just ask them for payment plan without explaining why I don’t have the money currently.

Please any advice would be a massive help as I am panicking and on the edge of getting sucked back into drugs.

I have been calling Samaritans but need to get advise on what to do about this debt as it’s eating me up worrying 

moved to the online forum

lots of PP threads here to read..

Police???

where did you ever get the idea police could ever be involved in a civil consumer debt issue???

simply pay PP what you can when you can, 

there is nothing they can do really

they are based in Luxembourg outside of our laws anyway.

ignore all calls/letters/emails etc etc.

from whomever they come from.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, and thanks for the swift reply. I was worried about the police as I sold items I do not own so obviously could not post. I assumed they would report it to the police as fraud. I sold the items on eBay who refunded buyers but for some reason I owe the money to PayPal not eBay 

3 hours ago, dx100uk said:

Police???

where did you ever get the idea police could ever be involved in a civil consumer debt issue???

I disagree.

If OP had taken out an unsecured loan from PayPal, then I’d agree with you, civil only.

Yet the deliberate listing of items the OP never had the intent or ability to deliver, is a different situation.

One item? PayPal (who are linked with eBay) won’t have a clue it is fraud. Multiple items: not hard for them to “connect the dots”.

It would be easy for them to involve the police alleging multiple occurrences of ‘fraud by false representation’.

I wouldn’t suggest making it any easier for them to realise by telling them, but I wouldn’t agree that ignoring them is sensible. A repayment schedule that is manageable might stop them going to the police, and would be useful for mitigation if it did develop into a criminal case.

Hi,

so I think it might be best if I just come clean with PayPal and explain I used the money for a drug addiction.

The background is the transactions were for 4 items I sold on eBay to 4 different buyers for around 1,000 each.

I know it is no consolation to the buyers but I do really want to pay the money back to PayPal but just can’t afford to pay it all at once.

I think if I tell them the whole story and offer to pay back monthly it may help me avoid a jail sentence when they report it to the police.

I am struggling to cope at the moment and just want everything to be out in the open with no more secrets from my friends and family 

Don’t worry about the buyers : PayPal has refunded them.

I still suggest : engage with PayPal offering a repayment plan. You don’t have to offer them an explanation, but by all means be truthful if they directly ask.