Crs/Harlands

Layal007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, 

Back in 2015, I had issues with CrS/Harlands after cancelling my gym membership and my ex-partner’s membership. I made them the following offer (in writing) which they ignored:

‘ We now realise that we should have paid one further month's fee for the notice period and are willing to offer you £9.99 per person now (totaling £19.98). If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept £19.98 in full, you will be paid promptly.
However, we will not pay any admin or cancellation fees as these are unlawful ’ 

They then passed my details to

Zinc, who passed them back once I showed them the full version of the above letter ( this occurred on the 3rd November 2015).  I told them to only correspond with me via letter and got on with my life. 

Fast fotward almost 4 years. I’ve moved adress and changed partner and I recieve this in my inbox with the subject: ‘ Please let us help you ( with my new address on it although I’ve not recieved a physical copy). 

“ Your membership with Xercise4Less remains in arrears.  In a final attempt to resolve this matter we would like to offer you the opportunity to free yourself from this debt.

We will apply a discount to your balance as shown below. The earlier the payment the more of a saving you make.  AND the agreed amount can be spread over a 90-day period:

19th - 23rd August 2019 

50%

27th -30th August 2019 
40%

2nd - 6th September 2019 
30%

9th - 13th September 2019 
20%

OR

If you are unable to settle the balance in one go with the above offer then we will help you pay off this account.  For example; for every £10.00 payment you pay we will apply a £2.00 reduction to your balance, for every £20.00 payment we will apply a £4.00 reduction and so on.” 

What should I do? My inclination is that they would have started preceedings if they could however I have Generalised anxiety disorder and this has effected my mental health. 

Many thanks for any help 

hi Laya and welcome to CAG

They are just trying their luck and you should ignore these demands with no reply at all.

Don't call or email or respond in any way - when they realise you're not taking their threats seriously, they'll move on to weaker prey.

There will be no court proceedings at all so don't worry about this. They have no grounds for court action and that's not how they operate.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks so much. My initial thought was that if they had a leg to stand on they wouldn’t be offering discounts, they’d be taking action. Just wanted to double check 

Almost four  years have passed since they started harrassing me and it was just a horrible throwback to being a broke student and worried sick that I couldn’t come up with £200. So odd that they’re picking this up again after so much time has elapsed 

Edited by Layal007

They're just chancing their luck but, because you've got advice from CAG, you know they can be safely ignored.

They will do nothing beyond sending their usual begging letters.

😀

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)