Car problems - IP Motors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Last year my brother purchased a Peugeot 3008 from IP Motors  (NW10) on finance back last year. The car was okay for a few weeks then all the problems with the car started, engine light came on, brakes needed to be changed, air con gased and so forth. He was sent to various garages to get things fixed through the warranty but the car is still faulty. At the moment he's not using it as hes worried its not road worthy (it recently went through quite a few MOTs before it passed) and hes had to pay out for another new car. 

He would like to send the car back and get back the money he's spent on the finance on the car, and get the finance wiped but he doesn't know if he can do this. The company keeps telling him to bring the car back, but won't say if he can claim that all back and CAG has told him to send letters but he doesn't think they are reading them. 

i just wondered if any of the amazing helpful people on here would have any ideas. 

Thanks

Do we gather that you've already posted a thread on this problem? Or was that posted by your brother? Please would you post a link to it

Sorry this is the first post that I have posted about this issue, and as far as I am aware he doesn't know about this site, but I've had help on here for various other issues which is why I posted here. 

As he bought the car last year – well over six months ago, it's not at all clear that he will be able to terminate the contract.

I think you need to let us know more about the car, new/second-hand/price/mileage and also the date of purchase.

Also I think we need to have a list of the faults which occurred and which have been repaired and the faults which have occurred and which are outstanding.

He will probably need to get these faults appraised by an independent inspector and also an estimate for repairs. It is highly likely that the best he can expect is to have the repairs carried out free of charge – but we need to know a lot more really.

It really would be much more helpful if your brother would take control of this himself and come onto the forum and start posting a story.

I don't fully understand how you say that he hasn't been here before and yet we are telling him to send letters which he thinks are being ignored.

I am so sorry I see the confusion now, I was meant to say CAB not CAG. They are just sending him letters to copy and send which doesn't seem helpful at all. 

I also apologise for the vague details right now. I actually thought he had got rid of the car already until he mentioned it as he dropped me off home, so I've only got a vague idea myself, i just wanted to see if there was anything he could do other than send letters. I will get more details from him and update this thread, or get him to join as you have advised. 

sorry 

please get him to join and start taking care of this himself. You can see the problems that already are being caused by playing Chinese whispers.

I think I'm going to close this thread and if he's interested enough then he can start another one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks