• Tweets

• issuance of a claimform pauses the sb clock.   surely you cant say they are in default of your sec 78 as they have complied, better to say they have not fully complied.   the DN is NOT covered by a CCa request.   ive removed your earlier upload as crossing thru with a felt pen dos not obscure your details and  your name is clearly visible as well.        
    • Whoops........... I think I might have missed that bit off 😆   Here it is in its entire form:   1.    The defendant opened a studio regulated consumer credit account under reference ********* on 30th November 2011. 2.    In breach of the agreement the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the agreement was terminated.  3.    The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 25th September 2015 and written notice given to the Defendant. 4.    Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £716.38 remains due and outstanding.  And the Claimant claims; a) the said sum of £716.38; b) interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.157, but limited to one year, being £57.31; c) costs.     Defence   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.  It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   Paragraph 1 is admitted insofar that a contractual relationship in the past with Studio did once exist but I do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.   Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the nature of the alleged breach and service and copy of a Default Notice pursuant to CCA sec 87.1.   I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served 25th September 2015 pursuant to s.136 of the Law of Property Act & s.82 A of the CCA1974.   On the 30th September 2019 I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. To date the claimant has failed to comply to my CPR 31.14. The claimant also remains in default of my section 78 request and are therefore unable to enforce any agreement until such compliance.   On the 7th October 2019 Lowell provided a photocopy of an agreement and statement.  They confirmed that they have requested a copy of the Default Notice from the original creditor and this will be sent to me upon receipt.  To date, 23rd October 2019, I still await their compliance.   It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/agreement/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14 and sec 78 CCA1974 and therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA1974 c) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief. If there is anything that needs amending or changing please let me know. The debt becomes SB on the 23rd Nov, so if I can drag it out to then I am guessing that there is nothing they can do?
    • Hi thanks all off you for your help.   I'm having rest now.
    • I haven't sent my N180 paperwork back to the Court yet (due next week) but Idem have sent me a copy of theirs.   They have ticked 'no' to mediation and have informed me that they're requesting a hold on proceedings for a month so that they can attempt settlement. 
    • just to update, i have received a letter this morning from Arrow Global-   We thank you for your letter and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant of the consumer credit act 1974. We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested.We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will respond in due course. We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.   So i assume Arrow have not bought the debt and are collecting for either another DCA or indeed the origianol creditor in this case would be Marks & Spencer. not sure to as if this is good news that they have not produced it or bad news they may be going back to M&S,Can anyone chuck some light on it for me   Many Thanks to all
  • Our picks

MarsieK

HFC/Hamilton/Endeavour Personal Finance. FOS say no link! - Unregulated PPI broker

Hi,

took a loan out with central trust in Dec 2003, who were not regulated at the time.

Insurer was Hamilton, lender was Endeavour Personal Finance.

I’ve being pursuing this debt for 10 years to all of the parties involved, as definite mis-selling but just not regulated at point of sale.

FOS couldn’t go any further unless there was an unbroken chain between all 3 parties, which I cannot find.

As deadline approaches, I would like to try one last time.

Has anyone got any ideas or different avenues to go down or am I just doomed? 

they were all HFC group

how can the FOS not already know that.

they sanctioned HFC numerous times and so has the fsa [now FCA]

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Will double check their letter but looking for a link to broker which I can’t find anything. 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

spreadsheets 

Hi, pursued Hamilton thru Aviva and to FOS. Should I go back to FOS then? 

what did arriva say?

99.9% of CT/endeavour PPI was added by HFC sold by hamilton

they added the PPI after it got to them.

the original agreement you signed wont have proof you agreed to PPI.?

spreadsheets 

I have a thank you letter from Independent Finance and summarising loan amount, term & insurance, which is all on unregulated credit agreement by EPF. 

This is the reply from FOS

Pdf please

Read upload

spreadsheets 

Hi

Don't have facility to pdf right now. 

But this is reply from FOS:

"Overall, based on the evidence I have seen, it is my view that:

We cannot look at the complaint against the seller Central Capital as it was not covered by us, or any of the previous schemes that we took over from, for the sale of ppi

We cannot look at the complaint against the lender (EPF) as the seller was not acting as its agent and in any event it was not covered by us, or any of the previous schemes that we took over from, for the sale of the PPI.

We cannot look at the complaint against the insurer as we have been unable to establish an unbroken chain of responsibility between the 3 parties involved".

However, tonight I have discovered something. 

On the application it shows total value of loan and only mentions type of insurance chosen - no value. 

On the agreement, however it has the value of the loan, single premium of PPi and then the total of both. 

What I have not noticed before is that in the agreement there is a tick box for single premium and also monthly premium! 

I was certainly not made aware of this option and looks as it EPF have added the single premium to the loan without my permission.  I was not made aware of the single premium paid up front until the agreement came through.

we would need to see all the documentation suitably redacted to one pdf.

if you read upload

its quite easy to redact each.jpg file 

then use the online resources listed to make it all a PDF file.

10yrs is a lot of info upon how you have done things which at present we are not a party too yet.

but briefly, how did you involve aviva in this? and was this a sep PPI FOS questionnaire sent too them, in effect, a sep unrelated claim or not.

spreadsheets 

Hi

Gone through the mountains of paperwork I have on this.

I complained to Hamilton Insurance by letter and attached completed PPI questionnaire on 25.09.12. 

Response back from Endeavour 10.10.12 syaing to contact Central Capital re mis-selling.

Sent another letter to Hamilton on 22 Feb, with reference to my earlier letter

- another response back from EPF 06.03.13 saying to contact Central Capital. 

22.03.13 - As no satisfactory response I then sent my complaint to FOS. 

Final response from FOS on 09.10.13 saying they could not take my complaint further.

So where do I go from here? 

Do I complaint to HSBC again about the single premium being added against my knowledge? 

On agreement there are options for monthly/single premium. 

If i'd known there was a monthly option I would have gone for it. 

Surely HSBC have a duty of care to their customers and should not have being using unregulated brokers at the time?

it was how HFC operated at the time. HSBC simply inherited all of HFC by default 20yrs later

you answered everything bar the one thing a asked....

how did you involve aviva in this? and was this a sep PPI FOS questionnaire sent too them, in effect, a sep unrelated claim or not.

pers i'd put in a new complaint, not referencing the old one at all to aviva.

simply state the account number

and you think it was mis-sold ...NOTHING MORE!

just get it registered.

spreadsheets 

Sorry.  I submitted a new ppi complaint form to Hamilton Insurance - it was when FOS got involved, their subject heading was Aviva Insurance (trading as Hamilton Insurance company ltd).  

I'll do that today - do I need to put my points down for mis-selling?

already said what to do..

pers i'd put in a new complaint, not referencing the old one at all to aviva.

simply state the account number

and you think it was mis-sold ...NOTHING MORE!

just get it registered.

spreadsheets