• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DebtBuster/Central Capital/Independent Finance Brokers and HFC/Hamilton/Endeavour unregulated loan - PPI Reclaim - FOS say no!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

took a loan out with central trust in Dec 2003, who were not regulated at the time.

Insurer was Hamilton, lender was Endeavour Personal Finance.

I’ve being pursuing this debt for 10 years to all of the parties involved, as definite mis-selling but just not regulated at point of sale.

FOS couldn’t go any further unless there was an unbroken chain between all 3 parties, which I cannot find.

As deadline approaches, I would like to try one last time.

Has anyone got any ideas or different avenues to go down or am I just doomed? 

Endeavour/Hamilon are all part of the

HFC group

how can the FOS not already know that.

they sanctioned HFC numerous times and so has the fsa [now FCA]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to HFC/Hamilton/Endeavour Personal Finance. FOS say no link! - Unregulated PPI broker

and they

what did arriva say?

99.9% of CT/endeavour PPI was added by HFC sold by hamilton

they added the PPI after it got to them.

the original agreement you signed wont have proof you agreed to PPI.?

and they

I have a thank you letter from Independent Finance and summarising loan amount, term & insurance, which is all on unregulated credit agreement by EPF. 

This is the reply from FOS

"Overall, based on the evidence I have seen, it is my view that:

We cannot look at the complaint against the seller Central Capital as it was not covered by us, or any of the previous schemes that we took over from, for the sale of ppi

We cannot look at the complaint against the lender (EPF) as the seller was not acting as its agent and in any event it was not covered by us, or any of the previous schemes that we took over from, for the sale of the PPI.

We cannot look at the complaint against the insurer as we have been unable to establish an unbroken chain of responsibility between the 3 parties involved".

However, tonight I have discovered something. 

On the application it shows total value of loan and only mentions type of insurance chosen - no value. 

On the agreement, however it has the value of the loan, single premium of PPi and then the total of both. 

What I have not noticed before is that in the agreement there is a tick box for single premium and also monthly premium! 

I was certainly not made aware of this option and looks as it EPF have added the single premium to the loan without my permission. 

I was not made aware of the single premium paid up front until the agreement came through.

we would need to see all the documentation suitably redacted to one pdf.

if you read upload

its quite easy to redact each.jpg file 

then use the online resources listed to make it all a PDF file.

10yrs is a lot of info upon how you have done things which at present we are not a party too yet.

but briefly, how did you involve aviva in this? and was this a sep PPI FOS questionnaire sent too them, in effect, a sep unrelated claim or not.

and they

Hi

Gone through the mountains of paperwork I have on this.

I complained to Hamilton Insurance by letter and attached completed PPI questionnaire on 25.09.12. 

Response back from Endeavour 10.10.12 syaing to contact Central Capital re mis-selling.

Sent another letter to Hamilton on 22 Feb, with reference to my earlier letter

- another response back from EPF 06.03.13 saying to contact Central Capital. 

22.03.13 - As no satisfactory response I then sent my complaint to FOS

Final response from FOS on 09.10.13 saying they could not take my complaint further.

So where do I go from here? 

Do I complaint to HSBC again about the single premium being added against my knowledge? 

On agreement there are options for monthly/single premium. 

If i'd known there was a monthly option I would have gone for it. 

Surely HSBC have a duty of care to their customers and should not have being using unregulated brokers at the time?

it was how HFC operated at the time. HSBC simply inherited all of HFC by default 20yrs later

you answered everything bar the one thing a asked....

how did you involve aviva in this? and was this a sep PPI FOS questionnaire sent too them, in effect, a sep unrelated claim or not.

pers i'd put in a new complaint, not referencing the old one at all to aviva.

simply state the account number

and you think it was mis-sold ...NOTHING MORE!

just get it registered.

and they

already said what to do..

pers i'd put in a new complaint, not referencing the old one at all to aviva.

simply state the account number

and you think it was mis-sold ...NOTHING MORE!

just get it registered.

and they

• 5 months later...

So, after several months, got response back from Aviva.

"We confirm that Aviva is not responsible for investigating sale of PPI.

This is because policy was arranged & sold by EPF.

They were therefore acting as your agent in this matter; there was no agency agreement between Aviva & this firm so Aviva cannot accept responsibility for any advice that they might have given.  

HSBC are responsible for investigating these complaints, so I have sent them your details and have asked them to contact you. 

Although Hamiton Life, now part of the Aviva group, were the underwriter of the policy in question , we were not responsible for the sale, or any associated lending. As such, you should direct any enquiry regarding undisclosed commissions to the lender who provided the finance that the PPI was protecting to progress this element of the complaint".

So where do I go from here?

I contacted HSBC again before deadline, got response back from them saying they were not responsible either. 

aviva seem to think you are making a plevin claim?

as they mention commission?

dx

and they

OK. They mention PPI in the first paragraph though? I didn’t include the next paragraph which is

“This stance falls in line  with the FCA’s most recent statement which set out their view on the impact of the Plevin - paragon finance ltd case & how firms should handle complaints relating to the amount of commission the lender received.”

So are they addressing both PPI & plevin? Last paragraph would suggest that it’s plevin but first looks like PPI

can it up to one multipage pdf. read upload

then we can read... it not your bit part interpretation..of it...  we need to read what it actually says please.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to HFC/Hamilton/Endeavour sold by unregulated Central Trust Broker - PPI Reclaim - FOS say no link!

Dear Aviva.

i thank you for your letter dated 12th February, the contents of which are duly noted.

I send my monthly PPI premiums reclaim questionnaire specifically to you, as you are now responsible for my refund having acquired the underwriters of the original Loan PPI policy - Hamilton Life, whom were regulated by GISC at the time of take out.

I am well aware you were not the creditor of the Loan and am puzzled why you think my claim was with regard to the recent Plevin Ruling.

Please investigate my claim, I find your letter rather puzzling.

May i politely point out there are numerous examples of you taking your responsibility seriously regarding mis-selling of Loan PPI for the same players as my loan, I wonder perhaps if you misread my letter.

I thank you for you time.

and they

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've attached my application and agreement. 

On application it shows that single cover with life has been selected,

however on agreement the box ticked includes life, accident, sickness & unemployment. 

Does this look like a discrepancy?

Also, has anyone had a chance to look at my response from Aviva above?

SKM_C224e20042317040.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to DebtBuster/Central Capital/Independent Finance Brokers and HFC/Hamilton/Endeavour unregulated loan - PPI Reclaim - FOS say no!

PPI boxes already tick by a typewriter.

who did that.

you story upon who to direct a complaint against is SOOO confusing because you have time and again refused to scan up the required information

we now find this is debt busters,,, so where does:

Central Capital

Central Trust

Independent Finance

come in to this please

we need to see ALL the paperwork .

as it appears we've been wasting our time to date as its a debt buster loan...

and they

Hi

the boxes, I assume, must have been ticked by Endeavour. 
In 2003 I applied through Debtbuster loans who are also known as Central Capital, Central Trust & independent finance corporation. 
I have got mountains of paperwork to all parties I have pursued - Central Trust, EPF, HSBC, Hamilton, Aviva and also been to the FOS. Do you want me to upload all my correspondences to all parties?