• Tweets

• CST law are just a new kid on the block use our search top right    BW PCN snotty letter ericsbrother   dx
    • gym debts dont show on credit file gyms dont do court a DCA is not a bailiff and has zero legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type dx  
    • lack of default notice is FATAL to any court claim    from my notes   Default notices, litigation and section 127(3) of the Consumer Credit Act July 2010 .  For a creditor to enforce a credit agreement against the debtor,  he must serve the latter with a default notice,  this notice must be served in accordance with section 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). .  Generally, the prescribed form of a default notice according section 88 is as follows: .  "The default notice must be in the prescribed form and specify .  (a) the nature of the alleged breach;  (b) if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it        and the date before which that action is to be taken;  (c) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach,       and the date before which it is to be paid." .  Section 127(3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 .  Should the debtor be sued for the outstanding amount,  it may be open to the debtor to raise an argument that the agreement is unenforceable  because it does not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations. .  Agreements executed before 6 April 2007 are subject to sections 127 (3) & (4) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA').  Agreements entered into after that date are not by operation of the repeal under the Consumer Credit Act 2006. .  The effect of sections 127 (3) & (4) truly displays the paternalistic nature of the CCA, in that where a breach of a prescribed term under regulation 6 and schedule 6 to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 is found, the agreement as a whole will be irredeemably unenforceable. .  In other words, the lender cannot enforce the agreement or realise any surety under that agreement; the debt in effect is written off. .................   as for NOA.. if it can't be proved under the law of properirs Act that Cabot own the debt  they can't demand any money.   bit like your neighbour lending you a tenner, but he also owes his other neighbour a tenner so says well now go chase you for..        
    • £62k? multiple debts from Vanquis...  Christ... I feel a violent rage coming on... I also feel IRR Lending complaints coming on.  But if the debts are not with the OCs then its likely he might beable to claim compo etc from the companies.    It is a mess. Is he willing to engage more with you Snowdrop or come online to us?
    • Contents: 12 Alum. tent poles. Packing: Cardboard tube. 8 x 8 x 44cm, 508g. Value: Sold on ebay for £31.90 inc. P&P Shipping label purchased via ebay/Paypal. Address label printed in store. Hermes fee paid: £3.84 which included insurance and signature. Handed to Parcelshop, Ludlow at 16:40 on Sun. 27th Sept.   Hermes pass the buck to Packlink. Packlink say nothing on our systems. Despite issuing the Hermes receipt (the only proof I have of handing in) Parcelshop say nothing to do with us / not our problem!   Addressee is being patient . . for now.  
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Lowell/lucas claimform - old Talk Talk debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 397 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Who are lucas anyway

this debt is from my old address, mobile phone contract, i informed talktalk i was moving and they informed me that the coverage in that area was

not very good, i tried to cancel but they said you cant you have to pay the full contract.and they informed me they would send me a final bill which i could dispute. when i left my old address all other bills bar this and one other were fufilled.

a month ago i recived a pre-assesment from lowell i requested a SAR from them and talktalk they had merged the debt from talktalk and cashplus in to one debt.

I also set them a letter admitting the debt to cashplus and i was willing to settle this but not the talktalk one, i heard nothing so i phoned them 2 weeks ago and they said "we will sort it out we have frozen your account dont worry dont do anything until you here from us"

Well i heard from them court order this morning, phoned them and all they had to say was its with lucas nothing to do with us even though the person who signed the court order is from lowells in leeds.of course lucas is closed until tuesday

What can i do any help would be great.

lucas are lowells.

so you have a court claimform from northants bulk ??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please complete this:

and we'll get you moving

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell/lucas claimform - old Talk Talk debt

Hi

been a bit of delay because motherboard blew on my p.c(great timing)

can i just clarify one thing if i copy and paste the article in to this thread as it asks for personel info will that mean it is open to the forum

I dont mind if thats the way it works

date of issue of claim form is the 23/aug/2019 so i think i have a few days to respond

doesn't say to do that no.

read the guide carefully

and they