• Tweets

• Only communicate with FM, never a DCA.   Not harassment, they can chase for amounts they believe are due under contract.   Why would they email asking if still in league ? Was there an issue before this ?
    • Heres an interesting question ... Do the Halifax send out these letters before doing due diligence and making sure there is no money owed to them, this does not apply to me, as surely sending out a letter like that and then doing due dilligence and stopping a payment after that letter must be wrong as well?    
    • Hi All, There are a few other threads on this forum regarding a 6-a-side league called Football Mundial(FM). Some have been charged for leaving the league early, late cancellation of games etc. (https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/387710-iconcollections-football-league-debt/?tab=comments#comment-4642466)   We had a few cancelled games, which we notified the league of in advance, where we were unable to field a team. I received an email asking if I was still in the league and 7 mins later received an invoice for leaving the league early plus cancellation charges amounting to >£400. Our team had not pulled out of the league. I was out of the country with No access to emails, and was unable to respond for a couple of weeks. I then received an email from Icon DCA requesting payment.   As we never left the league I wrote to FM and said I disputed it and that they cannot send DCA's after customers for false charges. Does this not constitute harrassment? They said that if we went back to the league, they would drop the charges, however after this treatment that is the last thing I want to do. I told them we would not be returning as a result of the treatment we have received and would not be paying.   They have now come back with some late cancellation charges and have still included the 'Leaving league' charge.   Now, the late cancellation charges are probably legit. We notified them about 12 hours in advance so they had time to notify the opponent. But after receiving a number of False charges in addition, I do not want to settle part of it and still be chased for the false part. It annoys me that they feel they can issues false charges and pressure people into paying up.   Am I being blind to my own wrong-doing here or am I in the right? Should I be concerned with this being taken to court? Should I write to the DCA?   Thanks! Gibbon  
    • I forgot to add I originally messaged them via there website which I still have access to . Was this Ok ? 
    • If I copied anybody into your complaint it would be your local Care Commissioning Group, not the GMC...
  • Our picks

Ftgab19

PPI Letter from Blackhorse

Hi everyone 

My dad got a letter from Blackhorse telling him he has PPI with DFS trading Limited on the 5th July 2007. It didn’t provide any bank statements or letters from the policy. 

Ill upload the letter for everyone but I’m not sure if we’ll need to get the bank statements or could we just make a claim? 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Andrew 

IMG_2566.jpg

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

Get the claim registered

Worry about details later

Attach a copy of that letter

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi dx100uk 

ill get a letter sent off tomorrow, is there a standard template I should use or just say I want to claim on my dads policy? Sorry it’s been awhile since I did a PPI claim.

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

short letter

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi dx100uk

Would the following be okay for a short letter? 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I purchased the above policy from you on [date] in connection with a finance agreement referenced above.

I believe I was mis-sold this policy for the reasons given below and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures.

I was not told that the insurance was optional and I was led to believe my application for credit would be rejected if I did not take out the finance.

If my complaint is upheld, I require a refund of all premiums paid to the policy, plus any additional interest charged to me because of the PPI. 

I would also like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have been deprived of the use of this money.

Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks 

Andrew

Idont tgink you nwed to say anything yet as i said

dont box yourself in 

simple say

with regard to the enclosed letter

I Wish to register a complaint of ppi misselling.

regards

spreadsheets