Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi Honeybee, Yes admitted to being the driver, I am the only person who drives the vehicle and I do use the road in question regularly, so mostly likely it was me.   I have never been asked to produce my licence and insurance at a police station.  I was not stopped so everything is paper based through the post, at no point I have been told to produce anything until the charge letter.
    • I've complied this draft letter. What are your thoughts?. Can they during this time put anything in place to get any court proceedings so i would have to travel to Wales?. Check out the Compton Group LTD who are their litigation team. Thanks and good morning. 20th letter dtw pdf.pdf
    • I'm trying to work this out as I go along. The first thing to do is to think about this not as a car – but simply as a £value. This is especially so as you have said that it is not a rare BMW. This means that you could purchase another one and it would mean just the same to you. You bought the car for £16,000 – and presumably that was the value you gave to the insurance when you bought the policy – is that correct? If that is the value you gave to the insurer then on my understanding of these things, that is the maximum you would be entitled to claim. This is the amount you got so although you lost the car (£16,000), it was fully replaced by the payment of £16,000 – minus, of course, the excess – but that was part of the deal anyway. I've looked at the RAC website for the meaning of the various categories - https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/buying-and-selling-guides/changes-to-insurance-write-off-categories/   I see that a Cat S means that there could be structural damage. Cat B means that the car must be broken for parts. You say you would like to get the car back because you consider that it can be repaired. Personally I think I would be very worried about this because if there has been one inspection which is rated it as a breaker and the second one rates it as having possible structural damage – but repairable – it seems to me that there is a huge risk involved. Supposing you got the car back and proceeded to repair it but in fact found that there was some structural distortion so that the geometry of the car made it difficult to drive. You would then have a real lemon on your hands – and of course you would have allowed a fair amount of money and trouble into getting it going. Apart from the fact that Hastings behaviour is all rather suspicious – I'm struggling to see what loss you have taken on this. You would have had to pay the excess anyway – in any event. You have now received £16,000 payment so you are in a zero-loss situation and you could simply go out and hunt around for another car for the same money. The only thing that I could see which could complicate matters is if you come back and tell us that in fact the car was a huge bargain and that it would cost you more than £16,000 to replace it. But in that case I would have to ask why did you only insure it for £16,000? The second complicating factor might be that in the four months that you had it, he spent a lot of money on improvements and you have managed to recover that. Maybe you could let us have your comments on this and also let me know if there is anything which I've misunderstood  
    • Well today is the 20th so let us know if you have had a disclosure by the end of the day.   Of course you can bring a claim for breach of statutory duty – but in order for it to be a small claim you would have to claim an amount in financial compensation. Luckily under the data protection laws you can claim for distress without having to prove any physical damage or economic loss. I happen to know that you have some experience of bringing a successful data protection claim in the past - which was settled quite advantageously out-of-court. If you want to bring a small claim then I would suggest that you would have to alleged the distress and claim for, say, £50 – but it is a bit early to do this. You certainly would have to send them a letter of claim and give them 14 days.
    • What is the name of the car dealership please – I think you have already been asked this. Also, didn't you record the call? You've been here since 2006 and our customer services guide has been around since almost that time. It is always going to be very difficult to get hold of a recording of a conversation which Incriminates the company that you are trying to retrieve it from.
  • Our picks


PRA Allege broken agreement - not true.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I wonder if I could get some advice.


  In 2008 I took out a loan with LLoyds TSB and paid it successfully until 2012, the balance was £8500 approx at that time.  Since then I've been struggling financially and healthwise. 


For the first years after the default in 2012, I maintained a small DMP with them, but even that became too much and I went down to £1 a month in 2016


.  In 2017, they sold the debt on to PRA and I maintained payment after going to Stepchange for advice.


Periodically, they've called me and I've been able to carry on with this.


This year has been different, my wife died earlier in the year and since then, I've had to be there for my kids and have not been in a good place mentally as her death - after months - is still awaiting an inquest and I have not yet fully come to terms with it.


The payments have been made by DD and I have not missed one, I've checked and it was on time - their letter alleges breach as I did not make payment 08/072019, I've checked and I have, the payment date is quoted as 09/07/2019. 

The letter is dated 19/08/2018.


Because of my mental state, I haven't, been answering the phone really unless it's a family member as I can't really take the burden of the stress


- I have several debts, most of which have been sold on, they've been ringing me too I guess - so I suppose I must take some blame as I should have answered.


  However, PRA have been the only one to have done this, using a provable lie to pressurised


Obviously, I must force myself to respond to this, but I'm ill, I'm out of work now and I lack clarity at the moment and I'm not sure how to respond to this as I'm not fit for a prolonged dispute.


Any advice that could be given so that I can write to them would be greatly appreciated,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Send every dca you are blindly paying a cca request

and those you are not too!!


They are not BAILIFFS!!

And have ZERO legal powers to demand anything

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this, I think is the way forward.

At the moment, I'm under treatment for a serious medical condition - it may be C - it's very painful and I would like to put off confrontation for two or three months to see what the treatment/tests yield.


If I were not to reply, I understand that they would keep calling, I'll just not answer the phone to them. 

Writing to them, I at the moment can't really deal with a confrontation, for the moment.  


If I inform them that, due to the above, I should be classed as vulnerable and that my payment was made on the 8th, I'm hoping that they'll leave me alone for a few months, then I can hit them with the cca requests...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

they wont care at all.

don't respond esp by phone.


rather than writing anything, not their business.

i'd send a CCA request.

its very simple.

that will put them on the back foot.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...