• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint Β  reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM Β 
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money. Β  reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM Β 
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.πŸ˜„ (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed Β£279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.Β  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.Β  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court.Β 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfoΒ thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky BoyΒ shouldn't be ICO? Β  Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK Β  For CAG I found thisΒ Β The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership. Β 

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom. Β Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up byΒ 10pm. Β They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done.Β 
      Β 

Many thanksΒ 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

Β 

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NPower - Years of problems

style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 1663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Hello All, πŸ‘‹

Β 

I've been reasearching your forum for a while again recently and finally taken the plunge to join.

Β 

I'm a bit (or a lot) naive as to the way forums work in many ways, though can get by with basics but, might need a fair bit of support as I get stressed easily (I have major PTSD problems 12 years ~ May 2007). But, I've seen you're very friendly, helpful and supportive, so look forward to getting to know you a bit more.

Β 

I'm also a pensioner and have other health problems, which include fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome that is pretty debilitating and might lay me low for a while (i.e. I might disappear for a couple of days or more after posting, though obviously will try not to).

Β 

Apart from that, my main problem is npower 😬 and something which has been going on with them for nigh on 10 years (actually almost 13 since I joined them in 2006 ..by which time I was trapped in their bad/chaotic billing system, equally chaotic DD system and appalling 'customer service'..

Β 

.they're the worst company I've ever experienced, particularly with vulnerable people, and imho their 'practices' border on criminal 😑).

Β 

I'll post on that as soon as I'm able, after trying to familiarize myself with the site and its working, etc., though I do know now from looking at posts that I'm going to need to take County Court action against them very soon (they're absolutely ruthless in the tactics they've been using), probably starting with serious GDPR (and previous DPA) breaches, which are on-going and very recent.Β 

Β 

Think that's about all for now. πŸ™‚

Β 

GM

Β 

"There is no greater agony than an untold story." - Maya Angelou

Welcome to CAG.

Β 

I am going to move your post to the part of the site, where you can receive help with your problems with NPower.

Β 

Please bear with me.

Β 

I have changed title of your post to NPower- years of problemsΒ 

Β 

Your post in now in the utlities section of the site, with a link in the welcome section of the site. So you canΒ find your post, plus any replies and people who know about energy company issues can help you.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Β 

Β Have we helped you ...?Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to the Consumer Action Group

Β 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

With all your chronic physical and mental health problems, have you considered getting an advocate to act on your behalf?

They can come to you for the details (and get those over time at your own pace), and get your instruction, and then deal with nPower for you, taking on all the physical stresses and frustrations, on your behalf.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 2

• Andyorch changed the title to NPower - Years of problems

I'm sure that you have read enough on the site to realise the many people have problems with this company and we are always happy to try and do our best to help you with them.

I suggest that the best thing to do is to lay out your story in a bullet pointed chronology without too much narrative so that we can understand your situation, ask you relevant questions and start to advise you on the way forward.

Β 

• Like 2

Thank you @uncle bulgaria ~ very much appreciate you moving it....I was only initially going to do a quick 'hello' and start a thread later but, then it just looked to blunt, iyswim?! πŸ˜€

1 hour ago, BazzaS said:

With all your chronic physical and mental health problems, have you considered getting an advocate to act on your behalf?

They can come to you for the details (and get those over time at your own pace), and get your instruction, and then deal with nPower for you, taking on all the physical stresses and frustrations, on your behalf.

Β 

Actually @BazzaS, I've had various advocates over the years who I've given my formal authority to ~ all ignored and/or by-passed by npower, even one being told back in 2012, which was after I'd been through the Ombudsman the 1st time, that "her role had finished" (at the time my PTSD was still pretty bad) and despite my sending a renewed form of authority as per her instructions to renew her authority, that was totally overridden by npower (they are the worst ******* going for making their own rules up, as you probably know).

Β 

Indeed, that is the reason I'm dealing with this now myself, as one of my nephews has been [supposedly] dealing with them as my rep (but with no formal written authority), including as my rep with a 2nd complaint through the Ombudsman ("as much use as a chocolate fireguard" I believe is the polite, printable version that would be allowed on the forum! As for 'Impartial' my **** πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ˜₯πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ πŸ€ͺ🀒 Can't find an emoji for bed-mates!! πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨ !!).

Β 

Here's as brief a run-down as I can do to put you (and others) in the picture as to what brought me here, before I formulate a proper post to start with, as I'll need to act fast as my nephews 'involvement', along with the Ombudsman's ruling, has left me in a vulnerable position and open to npower's next underhand/sly move:-

Β 

1) 11/08/2006 I was signed-up on the doorstep for dual fuel by a very slick and persuasive salesman and believe they started supplying me about 6 weeks later around the 20th September (that's when my Annual Statements used to run from once I started getting those - though there are missing ones and the last one I got had moved the Annual Statement to April, which I feel is important evidence of their underhand/unlawful tactics connected to the sculpting issue (seasonal price fixing/weighting) as well as their very own practice of creating "tariff years" 😧πŸ€ͺ Who knew, eh, that there was anything other than a full Calendar Year which meant Annual ~ i.e. From the date they 1st started supply if that was 20/09 one year to 19/09 the following year and continued until the end of the contract. Or, for that matter, that Quarterly billing could mean 2 months, 1 month, 6 weeks, just over a 3 months, just under the 4 months depending on npower's interpration of 'quarterly'.

Β 

2) As I'd been on my previous suppliers password scheme for a while because both my adult daughter (22 at the time) was vulnerable with learning dificulties, as was I having been diagnosed with PTSD in 2000 following getting caught-up in an attempted armed robbery on my local both PO (we were both on DLA), I got onto npower as soon as the supply started and told them about our vulnerability/circumstances and asked to go on their password scheme. No problem they said and even told me to assure my daughter that if she was on her own when the meter reader called she wouldn't get into trouble if she didn't feel comfortable letting him in even with the password....How kind! (more about that later).

Β 

3) There was problems from the start in that I was being billed by 3 energy companies (npower for both, BG for gas and ScottishPower-Manweb for Electric) but, everytime I contacted npower they assured me they'd taken over the supplies correctly and to only pay them, though from memory there was a delay with the the electric before I stopped paying SP-M (having got out of debt years before and cleared my credit record, and didn't want to risk that, though they did end-up paying me back about Β£56 just before my daughter was killed, with Electric being my lowest bill at that time, though I've always been a relatively light user for both, particularly from March/April-September/October and sometimes even later...a hardy northerener and fairly frugal, too!).

Β 

4) Then my daughter was killed in May 2007 (she was hit on a pelican crossing down the road from our home, when she suffered catastrophic head and brain injuries, along with other injuries, and her life support had to be turned off the next day πŸ’”). There then followed a 3-4 month Police Investigation, following which the CPS let us down because they would only charge the driver with Careless Driving (a summary traffic offence of going through a red light...which the driver maintained was on green for him until the last minute...That's 'Justice' for you...rather than Death by Dangerous which the Police had always wanted it to be); that was then followed by a harrowing inquest; after which the driver appeared in the Magistrates Court in front of a District Judge who outright told the CPS it should have been a D by DD charge and asked why wasn't it (never got an answer); and that was finally followed by my FLO allowing me to see the case file of evidence for his 'exit session' with me at the Traffic Policing Headquarters (I'd only been allowed to see or know of very limited evidence up to that point, though the driver and his Solicitor had been allowed to know everything about my daughter to build his 'defence' (he even blamed her as soon as he knew she had learning difficulties, saying she ran out from near where she landed...she didn't...her body had been thrown in the air, after her head had shattered his windscreen, and she'd landed 50 yards from the crossing...Horrific 😭). That was the 5th November 2007 that I had that exit session and a few days later, I flew out to Portugal to stay with my 2 sisters and BIL for my BIL's 60th Birthday but, before I left I signed up for paperless billing and to manage my account on-line.

Β 

5) That's basically when all the problems started and I even ended-up with 2 usernames to supposedly access the same on-line account and was constantly in touch with npower either through their messaging system or on the phone (I've got lots of proof of this from my side, as I've got all the emails).

Β 

6) Following year (around Easter 2008, I think), when my sisters were staying with me, they persuaded me to go onto DD, as I was still all over the place following my daughter's death and was also trying to get away (escape) to stay with relatives, so it would be one less source of stress by ensuring I knew my bills would always be paid. However, it was then noticed that my dual fuel account hadn't been set-up properly, which was supposedly corrected and I also continued to have problems accessing my on-line account.

Β 

7) Then I happened to see this article in the Guardian (ironically the day after what would have been my daughter's 25th birthday) in February 2009 about an old friend of mine, Robert Bramwell, challenging npower over their billing system: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/feb/21/energy-bills-npower-paybackΒ  Which was followed by one of my sisters sending me this article the following year (2010) in the October:Β  https://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/oct/09/npower-consumers-ofgemΒ  In between these 2 articles I'd managed to meet-up with Robert, as well as talk with him a couple of times on the phone. He expressed his surprise that I was still with npower, as he had realised they were a terrible company, and uurged me to look closely at my bills.

Β 

8.) As I was still experiencing problems with npower's system and I'd also developed a hoarding/clutter problem following my daughter's death where I never throw anything out unless it's been carefully checked, I knew I had the bills and even the initial contract going back to the beginning but, I couldn't access anything on-line. However, the bills I did find I couldn't make head nor tale of so, started my first complaint about their billing system around mid-2009 as well as my first request for them to send me hard copies of my bills.

Β 

9) From mid-2009 to late-2011 I put in a successive series of complaints with them whenever I could, whilst all the time trying to find the 'missing' info amongst my clutter. During this latter process, I did find a leaflet and letter from October 2010 about their sculpting practice, as well as a reminder letter from November 2010 to take my letter re my payment (Β£67.69 - I remember during a subsequent phone conversation with Robert soon after finding this that he reckoned that was pretty high and he urged me, again, to ensure it was correct as they may have extracted more from me) to my local post office along with ID, when I would receive my payment. By the time I found these letters (over 6/12 later, if not closer to 12/12), it was out of time and I had to include that as another complaint, which to resolve they merely sent the payment straight to my bank account.

Β 

N.B. Having just read @BankFodder's post (thank you for that, having seen your expertise with this dreadful company, I was hoping you'd pick up on it, and I'm truly grateful for your in-put as well as as everyone else on the site team and other Caggers) after returning to this, I'll go ahead and post (apologies for the narrative) and then summarize in bullet points (without all the narrative!) with the rest over the week-end.

Β 

Unfortunately PTSD by definition is a normal reaction to abnormal circumstances and for a long time I've been saying to so many people (particularly professional services ~ Housing Association, Social Services, etc. ~ and latterly through my latest complaint with npower to them, too), "What part of this sentence can you not understand: 'I cannot take any more stress or trauma'?" Putting the earlier stuff down in narrative form (which I haven't done for ages) is all part of my own process of working through that stress which stays with me so, please don't feel obliged to go from this muddled account or even wade through it. It's there for the record for the sheer awfullness of this company who, as I've found is head meet brick wall, :target: every time and frankly I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than have any more dealings with them. :-x:jaw:

You have clearly had a lot of difficulties in your life and this has caused many problems.

however in order for us to assist you, we're going to need a proper bullet point chonology. I'm very sorry but there is too much narrative here and although I can see that it is very important you personally. It is very unhelpful in trying to understand the story.

please could you set it out again but this time avoid the narrative. We simply can't handle it

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

It’d also be useful to know what the OP wants (both in terms of outcome and what actions they want).

If they just β€œwant to be heard” that is fine : but I’m unsure if they

a) want to take action, or

b) β€œrather stick pins in their eyes than you have any more dealings with them”

• Like 2

@BankFodder and @BazzaS Thank you for your responses ~ I take on board all that you've said, and can only apologise again for all the narrative.

Β 

My nephew who's been [supposedly] dealing with this for over 6 months, unfortunately didn't have the experience and was consequently taken in by them and the way they 'operate', and he consequently let me down massively including through the Ombudsman this 2nd time:

* 2nd Complaint with Ombudsman initially registered 11/04/2019 but, not registered properly until 15/04/2019 through their helpline (by this time my nephew, who was down as my rep for the Ombudsman, too, and the preferred contact, was away and out of the country until 07/05/2019, which was the day before the ombudsman's system had given for all evidence to be in).

* Eventually after asking for and being granted 2 or 3 extensions all evidence had to be submitted by the 28/05/2019, though I was still able to keep adding evidence which would supposedly be taken into consideration (it wasn't...don't think any of it was, and it didn't take me long to work that one out!) via the messaging system.

* On the BH Saturday (25/05/2019) during a phone session with my nephew in a last ditch attempt to try to get the evidence on the site, he ended-up really pushing my boundaries over this (I've finally had EMDR last year for all the trauma I've been through and that had finally kicked in)...I ended-up calling my nephew a patronizing [and might have used the F word!] prick and turning the phone off. Haven't spoken to him since, or the rest of my family, am only communicating with them through emails, texts and messenger on Facebook, and am intending to keep it that way until I'm god and ready.

* The Ombudsman eventually issued his decision on 05/07/2019 (N.B. During this time he'd contacted me twice on the phone, thus bypassing my nephew's status as npower have been doing for years, including in the run-up to my lodging the latest complaint with the Ombudsman).

* Npower appealed the decision on the 11/07 (the arrogance of that will strike you once I get the chance to upload the evidence I've been accumulating over the time my nephew has been 'dealing' with them and subsequently), I appealed the decision on the 18/07, which was the day before the final 14 days to appeal were up (N.B. During our 2nd converation, the Ombudsman had told me, whilst prefacing this with "I probably shouldn't be telling you this..." πŸ€ͺ, that if I left it until the day before, I'd then have another 14 days whilst he considered the 'appeal' and then, even after that, I'd have recourse to appeal to his manager if I felt he'd got something wrong!!..........Yeh right! 🀬).

* In the end he rejected both of our appeals and this is the basis of his response on the 01/08/2019, which he'd taken to be a relatively simple billing issue, along with my not having understood my bills and never having paid enough all along (NOPE!):-

"Some of the bills are shown differently on the spreadsheets, but the information is the same. For example, on the first spreadsheet there is a bill of Β£3,032.40 on 4 October 2018. On the second spreadsheet there are three bills issued on 4 October 2018 for Β£677.33, Β£678.30, and Β£1,676.77. These three bills add up to Β£3,032.40. I appreciate that this can be confusing for customer’s, but this is something I did cover in my original decision.

Whilst I acknowledge npower’s point that a manual bill will essentially contain the same information as the bills previously issued, it is the way in which the information is presented that is crucial to assisting the customer to understand their account better.

After considering the appeals from you and npower, I can see no justifiable reason to change the decision, which I maintain is fair and reasonable for both parties, based on the evidence I have reviewed.

I confirm that Ombudsman Services: Energy’s full and final decision is that npower should:

β€’	Issue a letter of apology.
β€’	Apply a credit of Β£120.00 to account xxx9111 for the two failed appointments in 2015 in line with the terms of the Guaranteed Standards of Service.
β€’	Apply a goodwill gesture credit of Β£200.00 to account xxx9111 in recognition of the shortfalls in service.
β€’	Provide the customer with a manual bill to show a clear breakdown of charges, payments, and credits on account xxx9111 for the period from 19 February 2013 to 19 February 2019.

We have now reached the end of our investigation process and there is no further opportunity to appeal. You now must decide if you agree to accept our decision in full and final settlement of the complaint."

Β 

* I haven't accepted it (why would I, when it's based on lies; npower breaching every SLC and Customer Obligation going with me; the GDPR and former DPA; fraudulently altering my data to fit in with their narrative; obfuscating, kicking-up a dust-storm, using bullying and harrasment every time they're challenged, all with the intention of trying to put the onus of responsibility for .managing. my account back onto me and save themselves coming under further scrutiny with Ofgem...though they're so far behind what has gone-on with this company over the years and/or they just don't want to unsettle their "Dear Stakeholders", especially with one of the Big 6; and all whilst I've been finally able to get the very damning evidence together against them?!). I'm about integrity and having a moral compass ~ everything this company isn't and lacks ~ and I will no longer compromise that for anything or anyone, particularly not this shower of πŸ’©s in npower.

Β 

So yes @BazzaS I " a) want to take action" and furthermore, I believe I've got a very good case against them with your help.

Β 

Again thank you both for your support and I'll start on the bullet list over the week-end and also start uploading evidence (I've got rhemes of it on a USB stick, which I'm currently redacting the important ones of).

Β 

GM

Β 

Ho @honeybee13,

Β 

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Hi.

Β 

I've removed part of the account number to keep this anonymous for you.

Β 

Have npower done what the ombudsman said?

Β 

HB

Β 

Re the account number...Phew! Thank you for that...I'm normally pretty careful in redacting stuff but, did post this very late last night and then started working on...redacting some documents πŸ™„......in the early hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, which was in preparation for bringing you up to speed with everything.

Β 

Re your question: that's what spurred me on to finally join the site: npower have been in so many breaches over the years, it's mind numbing. One of their latest series of breaches even involves the Ombudsman sanctioning those breaches πŸ‘Ώ Here's what he said about this:-

Β 

"The other aspect is in relation to the deadlock letter. You are unhappy that this was sent to your nephew, Mr Sxxxx, but addressed to you. 

I did seek clarification from npower regarding this and they confirmed what I suspected. 

Because Mr Sxxxx has been assisting you with your complaint and is a named representative on your npower account, as he is on your account with us, npower state that he had requested information from them, including a deadlock letter. npower therefore sent the deadlock letter to Mr Sxxxx but because the deadlock letter is about your account, the deadlock letter was addressed to you. This is a reasonable explanation from npower, and I do not class this as a breach of GDPR because npower has not shared your personal data with anyone they were not meant to."

Β 

Β 

Edited by GrievingMum

Sorry @honeybee13 kept pressing return with *Ctrl for a new paragraph (like I do on Facebook in comments πŸ™„) so it kept sending.

Β 

The short answer to your question "Have npower done what the ombudsman said?" is I haven't a clue, though they've certainly 'implemented' something, which is their latest appalling data breach by sending another letter to me at my nephews address (N.B. He's officially stopped 'supporting' me with this, btw, not that he was any more use than a chocolate fireguard himself in fact he said himself he felt he'd made the situation worseΒ πŸ‘ŒHe definitely hasΒ πŸ˜–).

Edited by GrievingMum
Pressed return too soon

On 24/08/2019 at 15:14, honeybee13 said:

I was meaning have they apologised and paid compensation?

Β 

HB

Β 

It would make no difference to me whether they had implemented the ombudsman's decision ~ apologised and paid compensation (which btw is chicken feed) @honeybee13. I wouldn't have and didn't accept the ombudsman's decision, anyway, because it was totally based on lies and fabrication.

Β 

Sorry, I keep inadvertently posting and then not being able to edit.

Β 

To finish #11: I received an email dated 16th August from my nephew with a screenshot attached of the letter (addressed to me at his address, again) they'd sent I don't when. It's illegible, even worse with trying to zoom in, and I'm about to text him to tell him to pull his finger out and send it to me pdq in legible form because I need to know what they're saying/doing (N.B. They've had my address since 2006; amongst the damning evidence I've found and have my own copies of, is that they have retained 3 versions of my address ~ all registered on their system incorrectly, btw ~ with all previous account numbers; and the only reason they started suddenly sending stuff to my nephew's address was because they were being backed into a corner, partly by him in his naivety but, mainly by me [with my knowledge of them]...See attached screenshots, on which I've left just enough detail for you to see what I'm explaining/what has gone on).

Β 

My nephew in his email, did say that he'd contacted npower (my guess is by phone) and asked them to *update the address to mine* (*see my N.B. above*). Do I think they'll listen to him and do it? ~ Not only doubtful but a big fat NO considering they sent a meter reader out early not long before and they've not listened to a single previous rep over the years. As you probably know, anything is possible with this company.

Β 

My concern is to get a letter before action sorted a.s.a.p. combined with a final SAR request (I've found @BankFodder's previous letters in these cases) but, will have to be followed-up pretty quickly after ~ certainly within a tight time-frame ~ with action very similar to this https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=24320

Β 

However, before I can do that, because of other pressing matters going on that I have to give my attention to, I need to have everything prepared.

Β 

I hope that makes a bit more sense now. Sorry, I have to go out now and will post again over the w/e.

Β 

Thanks for your support again.

Β 

GM

Β 

14735326_P.1-FinalDeadlockLetter-SentToMeAtNephewsAddressInLondonWithoutMyKnowledgeOrAuthorisation-15_04.2019-ForumUse-Redacted.jpg.07949f38fe77d44c481bae3fc0970f7a.pdf

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm sorry to say but your story still makes very little sense to us.

I've run this past the rest of the site team and I'm afraid that they tend to agree.

We are going to try and do our best to help you but first of all we really do have to understand the story – and to begin with you should understand very thoroughly that we are no friends of Npower.

I'm going to try and summarise what I understand of your case from the Npower letter which you have posted up yesterday.

1. In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately.
  2. There was a balance of Β£1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong
  3. you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate
  4. Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time
  5. eventually you paid Β£500 so that the balance was Β£998.91
  6. Npower suggested an instalment plan
  7. despite this you continue to pay instalments but at a lower rate than they wanted and no instalment plan was put into place
  8. this would mean that your account according to Npower was continuing to fall more seriously into arrears
  9. Npower put you into their collections department which means that they started adding charges
  10. you then claimed that the electricity metre was faulty
  11. Npower undertook to test the meterΒ and Sue Npower's own fault there was a delay and this only occurred in October 2015
  12. according to Npower, that his show that the meter was performing correctly
  13. Npower apparently have reversed at least some of the late payment charges which were applied to your account
  14. at February 2019, and power say that you owed them Β£2295.18 p
  15. you have pay them Β£140 so that the outstanding balance at 15 April was Β£2155.18 p
    Β 

please will you tell me if you agree with the above summary and if there is anything that you disagree with, please would you very simply tell us which paragraph number you disagree with and why you disagree with it.

Please keep it short. No narrative. You're hurting your own chances if you carry on with this extensive narrative. I'm very sorry to say this and I don't want to be hurtful to you.

Β 

Β 

Now I would like to turn to the ombudsman.

I understand that you complaint to the ombudsman but I am not aware that you have told us what your complaint was about.

Please will you post up here without any comment the letter that you sent to the ombudsman or the copy of the complaint you made the ombudsman.

Secondly, please would you post up here without any comment the written decision that you received from the ombudsman.

Maybe we can go forward from here.

48 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Now I would like to turn to the ombudsman.

I understand that you complaint to the ombudsman but I am not aware that you have told us what your complaint was about.

Please will you post up here without any comment the letter that you sent to the ombudsman or the copy of the complaint you made the ombudsman.

Secondly, please would you post up here without any comment the written decision that you received from the ombudsman.

Maybe we can go forward from here.

Β 

Thanks for this @BankFodder

Β 

1. All of your #15 is npower's version, which is entirely based on lies, trying to cover their tracks, obfuscating, etc., etc. So, basically usual npower stuff. The truth is very different and I now have all of the documents I need to prove that in Court regardless of when or if npower eventually are forced into a position of complying with the latest outstanding SAR request in full (highly unlikely) or partial (remotely possible but, I've no doubt they'll resist and what's missing will be more valuable than what's there).

2. I can't do any of what you've asked in your #16 because I don't have the technical capacity nor equipment at home ~ i.e. I have only a desk top pc still running on Windows 7, which my pc Dr has been trying to get me to upgrade for ages but, I can't at the moment do without my computer ~ and I only have a simple phone (calls and sms only) with no internet access and everything was done over the internet/direct through their site.

3. I no longer have an all in one, either, so have to go to a public library (free and they do it for me) or a local P.O. where they have a print section (pay a nominal cost) to scan any documents straight onto a memory stick.

Β 

Going Forward/How You Can Best Help Me:-

1. I believe I need to make an SAR to the Ombudsman for all the data in this latest complaint through him ~ can I do that via the messaging system on my account and would you please be able to point me in the direction of doing a request??

2. Ultimately, I will need to do a combined letter of claim and npower as here, honed to my case but, that will have to wait a little longer (N.B. They're currently 11months and 19 days from when I made my 1st request in this complaint - i.e. 06/09/2018 to 25/08/2019 - and 4months and 14 days from when my nephew made the 3rd request, them having acknowledged in an email to me that a 2nd request he'd made had been outstanding/overlooked, with the latter being when they blatantly breached my data by sending the 3rd party form to me and the above deadlock letter to me at my nephews address along with some selected bills without even checking out his ID!! LOL...If you give people/liars and thieves enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves).

3. I think I also need to put in a complaint to the ICO just to do that thing of having complaint number, as I've got enough documentation to prove the data breaches and obstruction. Best way to do that, please?

4. If you can hold fire on the trying to form a plan until I can do my own list (I wrote it out by hand last night so that I can type it in without the narrative but, that won't be 'til later as I really need to go and rest very soon).

Β 

With gratitude,

Β 

GM

I'm very sorry that if you don't address the points that I'm raising then I think that I will have to withdraw from this thread. I'm not sure that I have ever said that before.

You say that the points which I have set out in my post number 16 are all Npower lies. I can well believe it, but what I need to know is what your version is. So it would be enormously helpful if you would give a one-liner under each point in red to tell me what you say.
I'm sure that you are doing your best but actually this is becoming very hard work.

Β 

In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately.

• This is true/untrue – because…

There was a balance of Β£1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong

• this is true/untrue – because…

you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate

Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time

eventually you paid Β£500 so that the balance was Β£998.91

Npower suggested an instalment plan

despite this you continue to pay instalments but at a lower rate than they wanted and no instalment plan was put into place

this would mean that your account according to Npower was continuing to fall more seriously into arrears

Npower put you into their collections department which means that they started adding charges

you then claimed that the electricity metre was faulty

Npower undertook to test the meterΒ and Sue Npower's own fault there was a delay and this only occurred in October 2015

according to Npower, that his show that the meter was performing correctly

Npower apparently have reversed at least some of the late payment charges which were applied to your account

at February 2019, and power say that you owed them Β£2295.18 p

you have paid them Β£140 so that the outstanding balance at 15 April was Β£2155.18 p
Β 

Β 

Β 

Now once again to move to the ombudsman's letter, you say that you are unable to do this because you have no technology which will allow it.

I don't at all understand because you have managed to reproduce very well the letter which you received from Npower.

• Like 1

Β 

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

In 2012 you believed that your account was being billed inaccurately.

• This is true/untrue –Untrue because… 2012 is the wrong starting point - I had been billed inaccuaretly and subjected to their legacy billing systems/changeovers since 2006 including the sculpting scandal.

Β 

There was a balance of Β£1498.91 and you consider that this was wrong

• this is true/untrue – Untrue because…This overlooks the fact that this was their legacy billing system c/f, which had them sending me statements that had genuininely healthy credit balances turning into debit balances bill after bill when I was on DD between 2008 and the end of 2011

Β 

you contacted Npower in 2013 and they said that the billing was accurate

• this is true/untrue – Untrue because…it wasn't me who contacted them in 2013 it was Ian Nicholson from Consumer Focus, with my signed formal authority, and they batted him away telling him it was resolved and refused to deal with him just like they did with everyone else before (and after) him.

Β 

Npower said that the size of the sum owed was due to the fact that you had been making underpayments up until this time

• this is true/untrue – Untrue because…of their continual gross mismanagement of my account - i.e. A minimum of Β£980 p.a. is paid into my npower account in SO's and WHD yet none of their bills or spreadsheets of the billing system match-up.

What about all the rest?

Β 

Β 

And I still don't understand why you can't reproduce the ombudsman letter

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

eventually you paid Β£500 so that the balance was Β£998.91

• this is true/untrue – Partly twisted truth/largely untrue because…£945.36 was sent as two cheques by JN (the rep who had been dealing with the case through the Ombudsman complaint in 2012 and was still dealing with the matter/trying to close the account in December 2012) in the same enevelope - one cheque for Β£500, one for Β£446.36 on 06/12/2012, with the 2nd cheque initially being post-dated for a week later but, wasn't by the time they received it and would have been met........they destroyed it anyway, as only npower would! (N.B. See the 3 screenshots below re this) No idea where the "balance of Β£998.91 comes from.

Β 

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Npower suggested an instalment plan

• this is true/untrue –According to nower true/a twisted untruth because...they point blank refused to deal with a Koshe Registered debt agency I was taken to by another rep in 2014 and wouldn't entertain the perfectly acceptable debt plan which was within my means because, they wanted to continue me to pay for all their errors...I could of starved, died of hypothermia, had all my energy cut off and they wouldn't have given a stuff...they just wanted their own access to my account or benefits so that I could continue robbing me blind.

As for the rest @BankFodder please wait for my bullet points account and further uploads (I'm in the process of converting a lot of my files and screenshots to more condensed pdf thanks to reading one of your posts how to do this for free...but, it's taking time as I also have artritis in practically every bone in my body, as well as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, which affects my hands, and I have a lot of redacting to do).

Β 

I appreciate your trying to get an angle on this and your keen to help me in the best you can but, if I keep getting sidetracked like this, it will be counterproductive and frustrating for both/all of us.

Β 

On my #13 I gave a link to your skeleton argument pdf because, I'd carefully researched the posts for days before joining (as well as looking at posts over the last 5 years), which btw needs a bit more redaction on p6 as it's showing [her] name.

That could be my case to a 'T' except add in the years back to 2006/2007, particularly since I went on their computer system and was 'treated' to their 1st system migration, and all the others that have followed.

Not sure about this person's status but, for me you can also add in the fact that they've:

• continually failed to put me on their PSR;
  • lost my password more than once (the one call I managed to recall was December 2016 when he openely admitted he couldn't find a trace of my being on a password scheme and they now have two whenever the meter reader arrives...and yes, I've done an SAR to the distributor already because they've failed to keep them informed of my status, that's all in hand);
  • continually ignored my medical status of being disabled and unable to read my own meter (I've repeatedly told them about this, btw) due to not only bone-on-bone arthritis in my right knee (diagnosed 2011) but also a crumbling spine (extensive arthrits) with a prolapsed disc and extensive nerve damage (eventually diagnosed 2014), which leaves me at risk of developing corda equina;
  • continually ignored my vulnerability status;
  • and excarrebated my MH/PTSD over the years with their continuing bullying and threats.

Β 

Β 

Email-From-JN-06_2012_2012-ReSendingCheques-AND-NpowerDictating.pdf

Β 

Hi GrievingMum

Β 

I fully understand and sympathise with your medical conditions.

Β 

The 3 screenshots/images in post#21 I have removed as I have converted those into one PDF which is now showing in thatΒ post.

Β 

CAG prefers PDFs rather than multipleΒ screenshots/images but as I said I appreciate your medical condition so I have converted those screenshots/images into one PDF and removed the screenshots/images and left the PDF in your post.Β 

Β 

CAG also prefers that all our caggers remain Anonymous on CAG, could I just suggest that when your have edited your documentΒ to just leave it for a while then go back to it and recheck that you have removed all info to keep you anonymous before uploadingΒ to CAG.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to theΒ Consumer Action Group

post 13 needs doing too.

Β 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marksΒ and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVERΒ  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

Post#13 images now in one PDF

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to theΒ Consumer Action Group

9 hours ago, stu007 said:

Post#13 images now in one PDF

Thank you @stu007 for your understanding and for doing the #13 docs into pdf's and thank you, too, @dx100uk for checking in on the page ~ all your support is much appreciated.

Β 

Apologies for not being on or there being no activity this past week. Unfortunately I've been laid low with a cluster of fibro spasms and IBS as well...mostly wiped my week out. πŸ˜–

Β 

When I could though, I've been converting files to pdf both for here (redacted) and ready for court and organising everything into different files on the npower usb stick I've got. It's a slow process though, as there's a lot of redacting to do and I'm not sure if I've chosen the right pdf converter, having clicked on one of the links recommended on CAG...somewhere!...Though I'm almost there and will be able to upload some redacted pdf's from the latest complaint over the w/e so that you'll have a really clear and up-to-date view of what's gone on. I think you'll be quite shocked.

Β 

Thus, a couple of questions: is there a best pdf converter to use, preferably a freebie, please?

Β 

Do I have to redact all names and identifying details from npower's documents (i.e. CS reps, etc., who have dealt with this, complaint reference numbers, etc.)?? And am I able to name any of them on here?

Β 

I ask the latter because I've read about Kenny Boy Wriggly Wrangly Devine!...The Legal 'spiv' and wouldn't be at all surprised if he hasn't had a hand in my case ~ it certainly seems to bear some of his hallmarks I've read about here and on other forums (mainly the MSE one). But, there's another name going by the initials of AM, I'd like to know if you've come across?

Β 

Anyway, thanks again.

Β 

GM