Brachers LLP Help - Corporate Amex Debt

TF-Destroyer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I need help dealing with Brachers LLP regarding a Corporate Amex Debt.

With regards to debt on a corporate card, long story short

- I work as a travelling consultant during the week,

I was based on a client for 6 months paying my expenses within the rules on my corporate amex card...

after my 2nd month, my manager refused to sign off on my travel expenses,

i took the matter with HR who said the manager was the budget owner for that project and it was her choice.

In order to keep my job, i still showed up on client site and did my work as I was new to the company.

Eventually £7.5k was racked up on my corporate card, Amex came chasing and essentially I was brought into a disciplinary meeting where I was told off on record that I would be sacked if I didnt take ownership of the debt...This in itself had a whole legal chase behind it, however would still have ended with me losing my job...and I like my job so I gave in to the corporate machine and their legal poweress.

now that I have taken on this debt, I agreed to pay £200 a month to Brachers,

I stuck with this for a few months, then I split from my ex and moved to london where my expenses increased to £860 p/m.

I have now missed the last two payments on my debt to Amex, because I couldnt afford it after restarting in London.

As of this week, I have said to Brachers that I can afford £100 p/m for the next two months and then I will increase my repayment to the £250 mark if not higher depending on circumstances. Reason for this, is that I am getting a significant salary increase in November, so will be affordable.

However they wrote back and said that £100 was unacceptable and that they will now proceed with legal action to recover the debt owed along with all legal costs and expenses.

Any advice on how I should appraoch this, is there anything I can do to protect myself from this crap?

I will make it absolutely cleared I am more than willing to pay off this debt,

however I do not want to put myself in a position that I am struggling to make ends meet by repaying more than I can afford.

Any help and/or advice would be massively appreciated :)

who are their stated client Amex?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...