Hi and thanks for the info. Update: today received the SAR info - great you might think.
Just a waste of paper: screen prints, NO bills, NO data sheets from the meters, just copy letters of my complaints and their "we need more time" letters. But wait, there is a disc.
For disc you have to install Nero Secure Disk Viewer - use the password sent in separate letter - only to find recordings of misc phone calls by me over last couple of years. Doesn't give any information to me whatsoever regarding this alleged debt. Hopeless. Why it took so long to produce a package of worthless information I don't know.
Observations I did make was a sudden change from being Miss to Mrs on the screen prints, (not applicable) and something in the "contact owner" heading/column, which may be a salesperson as I am not Hannah Leach, and I did not request a Hitachi product financed through BM financial in 2010. (BG tabs for that page: Edit, Delete, or CLONE.)
Hi Cheshire and welcome to CAG
As the work was completed and paid for, it's down to the customer to take action against you if they remain unhappy and that could include court action.
Your only problem sounds like the failure to say in writing in your Estimate that "the colour match and finish would match as close as poss but you were working from photos so you cannot guarantee this aspect".
Learn from this and include any agreements, terms, disclaimer, etc in your written Estimate.
1. What was the approx value of the work done ?
2. What would the remedial work cost you including travel, material and labour ?
Even if you visited and redid work, who's to say the customer would then be happy after the friend got involved.
Right, but delaying payment could impact your credit rating and if you default then that won't be remedied until you start paying it and even then it could take several years to wipe.
If the debt isn't in OPs name then no probs but I would rather start paying to hold the collections process until he gets all the info.
This is just like vouchers and gift tokens.
If you tried to return it because you simply have changed your mind then I would say you would have to accept the credit back onto the card if that's what they insisted on. However, because the item is faulty and they are in breach of contract then I think you are entitled to the cash.