Carsuk DW gyms

Jimmyb12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was at dw gyms in Preston for about 5 months I think with a student account paying £25 a month I think which I started when I was either 16 or 17 I can't remember

I cancelled this account due to an bad shoulder injury which I still suffer from.

I went back in there today and they say I had 7 months of membership worth of debt and that they won't let me join back due to this.

They said that I should have had a letter come through about my debt and should of been asked to start paying it off which I haven't.

I don't what to do as I am only 18 and obviously never expected for this to come to this and I am worried if it's going to become a bigger problem.

moved to the gym forum.

how did you cancel please

nothing they can do to you no.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jimmy and welcome to CAG

Please be assured, you won't have to pay what they're demanding and it will not affect your credit rating.

If you were a minor when you joined, the gym cannot enforce the terms of the m/ship agreement.

As DX says, how did you cancel - by letter, phone, in person, etc?

Did you pay one final fee AFTER you gave notice to cancel?

Even though the gym, or it's admin company, may be unable to make you pay any more, they are unlikely to let you use the gym again if you don't pay all they say you owe.

So I suggest you look at other gyms in the area that you could join. Just make sure you are happy to sign up for a full year, or join on a rolling monthly agreement.

See here for a guide on ending gym m/ship properly as it'll help you choose the right m/ship and help you end it correctly when necessary - 

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)