I've just phoned my local court about this as I do not recognise owing £900 to Arrow Global. The Warrant is also in my former name which I stopped using over 10 years ago.

The lady in the bailiffs office could only tell me it was for Drydens and ccj was issued Nov 2011, no other details available.. She agreed it wasn't surprising I could not find any official record of it.

So, I know Arrow are a DCA and all they have is the ccj number, which, incidentally, I do not have. They are attempting to enforce a ccj I know nothing of but which appears to be 

8 years old. Bailiffs office told me to contact Drydens.

Where do I go from here please? The bailiffs are coming 31st August - not that I will open the door.

Well if they do turn up you want to see the permission granted by the court to issue a Writ after 6 years .

An action cannot be brought on any judgment after the expiry of 6 years from the date it became enforceable. The term “action” only applies to the commencement of fresh proceedings on a judgment, it does not include enforcement proceedings so, strictly speaking, for enforcement purposes and enforcement proceedings, no limitation period applies. However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period.

Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced. Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

For 900 quid, it's not worth the trouble for them to go to court and likely lose. Just trying to scare you into paying something

Still I would move my car a few streets away, just in case.