ADCB/Moriaty PAP Advice Required Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK guys.

As a complete lay person here would someone be able to explain this to me in layman's terms, I am really trying to get my head round it. 

The advice from here is that I must reply to the PAP, using the pdf in the link provided, not Moriarty's forms.

The PDF seems to be the same as the first two pages of their form.

Having read the PAP info link.

It seems that the reason I must reply is that the court would frown upon the fact that I didn't?

The other advice is that I should not complete the income/expenditure part of the forms from Moriarty.

Would the court not frown upon the fact that I haven't provided them with this information in the same way as if I did not respond to the PAP at all?

You mention that they are not interested in my financial circumstances but would there not be a chance that they would see that I have no excess income or assets that could be liquidated and that a claim would be of no financial benefit to them? @Andyorch

Sorry to be a pain.... 

Your not being a pain its quite refreshing for a user to question our advice and why we give this advice...it can seem quite daunting if you have never had any experience of this murky world. 

Yes both parties are expected to go through the Pre Action Protocol..its procedure to any possible litigation.

Only a court can direct you provide details of your personal income and expenditure...not a Debt Chaser....your milkman has must rights to ask than them...after all he providing you a service.

As  already stated they are not concerned with your financial position.....they are chasing the judgment...judgments open other avenues to harass you with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you so much for being so kind.

Are we saying then that they will more than likely go for a judgement? 

This particular debt is approximately 13k. The other one looming over me that I have not yet recieved  a PAP for is approx 32k. The reality is that in my financial position bankruptcy will be my only option @Andyorch

It seems that bankruptcy and international debt is a bit of a grey area. I have found/been given conflicting advice. Some seem to say it would protect me from judgements on these UAE debts and others that they could not be included unless a UK judgement has been made against me. 

Whilst I really do not have any assets for anyone to come against I have small children, one of whom is autistic and  I am petrified of the idea of baliffs coming to the door.... 

You are a long way from getting a judgement, they may never even take you to court. Highly likely if it's defended, you will win anyway. Even in a worst case scenario, and you lost, a judge would look at your finances, and you would be able to get an affordable payment set by the court.

The Abu Dhabi Bank or Moriarty  it's tough on them would have zero say in it.  The chance of ever seeing bailiffs is about as high as me buying a new Rolls Royce. That's why it is illogical to be worrying about this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

quite a few of there here now

please HOLD on returning the forum

currently working on a suitable reply for all the moriarty pap forms here already

you've 30 days please be patient

what you need to really only grasp is you MUST reply

once this is done 

I will pretty much guarantee they will go radio silent.

if you read the other threads here with the same like title you''ll see my other comments

its worthy to note that moriarty do NOT turn up even if it DID goto court

which is an extremely remote possibility.

the bottom line is they are hoping you wet yourself and cough up

DONT!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your Rent. Bills. Council Tax etc 99.999% important.  Moriarty  0.001% important. Don't take food out of your kids mouth's to pay them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

agree with DX100uk on the reply. Every time I have replied or complained about those firms to the FO and FCA they take an age to come back and even then its with nothing new as they cannot do anything.

for what its worth my debt is over 70k and even that has been inflated ! so no worries there. There are many thousands out there in the same situation.

In regards to COB and even Stepchange don't even bother as they have no idea themselves something which I complained to the FO about as CWD and IDR use in there letters to seek advice when they know full well that no charity or debt company know anything about the debt in dubai situation so this is again unfair to be using this. what also annoys me is that nobody ever signs off letters its IDR or Moriaty law etc !!!! 

I have never supplied my financial details and never will and only when and if and I will repeat when and if that the debt i owe is purchased by a UK firm or indeed taken through the correct channels or courts then I will defence myself.

It makes me alugh that they think a small c;laims court understands everything that goes on and dont understand the full picture of laws that are broken and sometimes human rights also.

The best one to date for me was in 2011 imagine my new job and my new partner and some stupid collection agency in Dubai send a Fax to my director about my debt !!!! embarrassing but at the same time good to get it off my chest. they then called my partner in her work !!!! (yes this was the first time she found out about everything again good to talk) against the law, against any laws but this is how the banks and the agents work similar to those of CWD, IDR and I think Moriaty 

dont pay a penny !

This was done to me also rgaine. Telephone calls and emails to the Head office of the company I worked for..... About a year ago. I was daft enough to have updated my linkedin profile 🤦‍♀️

18 minutes ago, Em75 said:

This was done to me also rgaine. Telephone calls and emails to the Head office of the company I worked for..... About a year ago. I was daft enough to have updated my linkedin profile 🤦‍♀️

I have had worse trust me but I got smart and managed to understand how to deal with it. It was when they called my mother and I have the recording telling her that I will rot in Jail and be raped if I ever fly through the UAE and more !!! lovely words and language. I actually presented this to Mr Coyle at CWD and asked him how he and his firm and indeed IDR when they started operating can represent such a company or agents 

I can see this is the same as Moriarty in there letters etc of threats but like the guys say here reply where you need. personally I would not and use my messages to CWD that they have no right and unless they have purchased this debt then I have nothing more to say and please go to the next step whatever that may be. I am the same as you and a few others I am in touch with that we have no assets and no savings etc and would only declare myself bankrupt if it ever came to that

In regards to the debt being included in that i have heard many versions so I cannot confirm but my understanding is that it would be however you could not travel to Dubai or any GCC country as it still would be outstanding there 

**Another interesting note the CSA have come back to me as I sent an email from Mr Coyle where he states that although not a member of the CSA they try to follow the rules which I disagreed. The Head of Services asked me to share this information which I have done and in looking at the below link for the code of practice especially page 28 many of these things are never followed 

https://cdn.ymaws.com/csa-uk.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/docs/code_of_practice/code_of_practice.pdf

Moriarty are powerless just like any other DCA, this means it's pointless wasting time and energy responding or complaining about their threats and requests because they are of zero consequence.

PAP and Claim Forms are all that matters, everything else is just noise.

no they are solicitors acting for their clients

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is a good business strategy from their client, the bank though, send out , probably hundreds of PAP's, and Claimforms.  Knowing that maybe 10% will be uncontested either through fear or being back door. Anyone who responds to a PAP properly is probably not worth their effort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2019 at 16:40, rgaine said:

Sorry but sounds like early days if CWD and lately IDR. Been dealing with this since 2009 and still going on as well as those crazy collection agency’s in Dubai also still emailing to this day. 

I set up a special email account where I have everything from CWD, IDR and all others so it’s all in one place and the laws that have been broken. 

Upon discussions also with R. Sterling at detained in Dubai its also been helpful. 

Currently with the FO with my complaints against the attempted collection of debt in the UK when it has not been passed through the correct channels regardless of what is in the T&C. 

Personally I would not pay any ting until as people know that debt has been passed through the correct manner of courts in the UAE or indeed purchased by a UK company which then I will be happy to defend given the laws here and whT I have available. 

Make sure to ask for everything when the time come all statements, extra charges terms at the time of supposed signing etc ! 

Listen to the team also 

How was DiD? Did you retain their services?

post 5 

• Like 1

and they

OK I have today returned the response to the PAP letter 1st class signed for (the standard one on this forum).

I have requested copies of all documentation in English.

Has anyone received anything further after doing this yet?

I realise I made a mistake by giving an email address (it's a seperated one I have created to use for this only) but I haven't provided a telephone number.

How hideous a mistake was this? 

None have progressed to date

As for the email

I bet you'll get threats but easy sorted

• Like 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine the cost to the Bank, taking all those hundreds of people to court, with zero precedent of winning. 

I am thinking that it has absolutely zero to do with the Credit Agreement.  You filled in a PAP and they responded by putting the account on hold?  Rather than send a Claim Form? What do you think that means?