Can I be clamped in a private car park on spec by the local busybody ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I visit my partners flat regularly and stay there, using the private car park in the flats. 

Some busybody with nothing better to do is putting printed tear off notes in the car window about the parking being for residents only.

I would be ok if they were fighting for places..  yet the car park is far too large for the flats. Its never full, and the spaces are not individually allocated to residents anyway.  There is no controlled parking or warnings, but a couple of notices say “ private car park, for residents only.

Why its so important to put in these notes I don’t know, im a fairly low key individual in everyday car so cant think how I can cause offence. Maybe this person is connected to the factors. But seeing as busybody is so determined to keep putting these in the car window makes me wonder if he/she has backup plans such as calling a wheel clamper. 

Is it that simple, can a resident, or someone in the flats factors just call in wheel clamp company to come out on spec, is that simple for them ?

Bearing in mind this is in Scotland.

Thanks to action group

Harris V abbey : settled

Glasgow Council Parking appeal won

Harris vs Santander: BCOB threats below had them refund charges, donate compensation to charity and alter branch policy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wcM5ZfmEE5TjRiU0JBM0xZYzQ/edit?pli=1

wheel clamping was outlawed in 2012

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

wheel clamping was outlawed in 2012

Had no idea lol.. well thats that answered. Good thing it was seeing as it was totally out of control.  Guess I was getting confused as I had seen occasional clamped vehicle, but guess that was the DVLA.

Thanks to action group

Harris V abbey : settled

Glasgow Council Parking appeal won

Harris vs Santander: BCOB threats below had them refund charges, donate compensation to charity and alter branch policy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wcM5ZfmEE5TjRiU0JBM0xZYzQ/edit?pli=1

Hi

If your Partner has a Tenancy Agreement / Lease etc. (could you clarify?)

Just to air a bit of caution as this is the Partners Flat that you are visiting and using the car park.

Your Partner needs to fully read there Tenancy Agreement/Lease on what it says about car parking/parking and visitors.

What you need to be aware of is you are visiting your Partner at there property with that car park/parking and if they do have a tenancy agreement/ lease.

a) They are responsible for the actions of there visitors/guest.
b) If tenancy agreement/lease has anything about parking (and they are aware you are the person visiting your partner) they could challenge your Partner with above could use it as a way to say they may be in Breach of Tenancy/Lease. (please note I only say may as that may not happen but be aware)

Who owns the Land the Car Park is on?
(i.e. it may or may not belong to the landlord that owns the Building, my own HA has numerous Multi-Storey building but it only owns the land the building is on not the car parks round the building as that land belong to council)

Get your Partner to check there Tenancy Agreement/Lease carefully and also the companies/letting agents website to see if there is anything there on car parking/parking in that specific car park.

It may be something simple that your partner just needs to ask them get a parking  permit for visitors to display in there car windscreen.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

oh I missed the very last line..Scotland.

even if there were a powerless private parking co issuing these there is stuff and all they can do

POFA does not apply. there is no tort of trespass either.

pers i'd make you own note.

and put that on some windscreens to an inside yours.

noting the above and politely telling them to go give themselves a Glasgow kiss.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel clamping has never been legal in Scotland as many people found out. that is one of the reasons the POFA came in in E&W, to harmonise things and to give the parking cowboys a chance of still making some money for nothing after it was banned.

No POFA in NI either but clamping there is legal