• Tweets

• is he the joint owner of the old home?  
    • Hi BS,   In post #1 you refer to the m/ship "........for now over 12 month period ........" and also,  "........ experience over past 2 years with DL has been shocking ........"   1. Can you confirm when the current m/ship started ?   2. Can you explain a bit more about the freeze due to surgery - like who needs surgery and are they talking about freezing the m/ship for the whole family ?   DL are not good about freezing and allowing you to use a freeze as part of their 3 month cancellation period. However, we maintain that their 3 month notice period is excessive.   So, before we offer suggestions for your best move can you confirm, do you want to maintain the m/ship to use after someone's surgery; or do you want to cancel the m/ship asap ?
    • they not get back together  dx, that was final nail in the coffin so to speak, they not really been together for many years, him being on furlough  did not help, etc, so no he on his own now    Thanks all for the the help, I will pass the info onto to him, when I see him     Sandy xx
    • As the others say, you need to reply to a Letter Before Claim as it's a formal notice of intention to start legal proceedings.  You need to show them you've sussed their claim is pants and they would have a real battle on in court.   You can either ridicule their claim as it is ...   ... or else name the driver.    If he was in the UK they would then leave you in peace and hassle the BiL.   However, as he's in Italy there is very little they can do to him (I know, I live in Italy too!) so, as dx hints, they are likely to try to invent some stupid reason to continue hassling you.  It'll be "too late" to name the driver.  Or they "are unable" to accept an address in Italy as they can't work out how to use the Royal Mail site and buy the correct postage stamp.  Or some such rubbish.   You need to decide about the BiL.    
    • creditfix did him a favour!   there is nothing to complain about other than they encouraged him to blindly pay loads of debts , running the Statute barred date to infinity on debts that he most probably doesn't even NEED to pay and never did.   get him to ask himself this questions SD.   if he REALLY did owe the money WHY did the original creditors sell the debt on for peanuts to debt collectors (typically <10p=£1) and not take him to court and CRUSH HIM.   he has been cash cowed blind by the system for i bet 15+yrs any debt that is with a DCA tell him to STOP PAYING.   go back to his wife and tell her he made a mega mistake by going to sort his debts out as they were not owed in the 1st place.    
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 398 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Looking for advice. Any given would be most appreciated

Basically i started working in a call centre two years ago, July 17, and i was told that it would be on a self employed basis. I have never been self employed before and wasnt sure what to do nor was i given any advice by the company providing the work. It is outbound cold calling @ 6 pound an hour (below minimum wage) with bonuses based on sales.

Prior to starting this role i was on universal credit for a while and i stayed on it when i started the role, initiallly with the intention of seeing how things panned out. I didnt come off universal credit until just before xmas last year. I have never been registered as self employed

Basically I am not sure what to do, i want to start doing things correctly. Should i simply register as self employed from now. I am not sure what the procedures are. I dont even think i should be self employed from what ive been reading online?

i am totally confused. tried calling the helpline but they confused me even more if im honest

• 2 weeks later...

basicaslly you are being lied to and robbed blind. you are not self employed.

Now the MW can include extras like tips and bonuses but you should still get a minimum of  the MW regardless.

What do you want from us? We can suggest that you dob in the company to HMRC and the DWP for breaking the law but undoubtedly you will be out of a job as soon as they get the knock at the door.

What do your payslips say on them? You may be better asking the DWP/HMRC for clarity on whether your NI contributions are being paid and allocated.

Any company that breaks one employment law will disregard others as well, that is why they get the contracts from companies they peddle stuff for, they are cheaper than a business that complies with the rules and regs.

Look for another job and then go after them once you have one for backpay, holiday pay etc is my best advice