• Tweets

• A claim, or as the claims company have advised me, a product information request was supposedly submitted to Barclays in May of this year.....to date I have not had any acknowledgement from Barclays and more worryingly when I have rung Barclays PPI helpline who were very helpful, been told they have no record of anything lodged in any format...Should I be concerned that the claims company have not actually submitted anything or is it normal to have no standard letter from the bank?     
    • In this type of managed block most of the owners/tenants have other places elsewhwere and only use them occasionally so the concierge service have keys to ensure the smooth running of the block. Now I would be tempted to fit an old fashioned lock as well as the swipe pass if you are there all fo the time (subject to any necessary permissions). after all, it is for your convenience, not theirs
    • No-one can represent you as far as the debt liability goes so the CAB might have given your creditors a sob strory but that is not a representation by you so means nothing as far as the SB clock goes. My mum could admit that I owe money to a creditor and offer to pay but there is no relationship between her and the creditor so whatever she said or did wouldnt chaneg that. Now bailiffs like to pile on the guilt in trying to get relative to cough up for debts that arent theirs but they dont get paid otherwise.
    • Well, if they're living and working then they wouldn't be taking any state benefits surely?  So I dont see any issue.   Of course, the universal wage for all would eradicate any ill feeling towards people, and this constant narrative that someone is taking something from someone.  That's my real issue with capitalism if we move on slightly - we're all on different levels of the pyramid and most people are constantly looking over their shoulder at what the person next to them has.  Tory's talk about labour indulging in the politics of envy, but it's actually the capitalist free market system they have created which fuels this hatred towards other people.  I think that capitalism promotes competition and as such envy plays a big role in every one of us because we're all competing with one another...  better house, better car, better this and that.   Ask yourself if you'd be worried about an immigrant taking what you perceive to be yours by rights if there wasn't a more level playing field and people were treated equally regardless of where they were born/skin colour/gender etc?  People can't seriously be happy living like this.. constantly mistrusting, looking over your shoulder, paranoid, angry...
    • Could be a conflict of interest but if a family owned co you are not likely to get anyone else. can be someone of the same level. in all my years involved in union activity I have never met a licensed union chairman so mehtinks that you would be better off seeking independent advice or speak to the current branch officers of the union that has recognition/representation . If the confusion shown in your posts is translated into the workplace grievance procedures you may well end up worse off than with a simple and coherent presentation of your case so get someone else to be with you, ideally someone with the authority to actually represent you or the managers will fiond it difficult to undershatnd what it is you want
  • Our picks

Neeta

IdeM PAP LOC 1995 MBNA Card debt

Hello again.

As you will have seen above, my recent query early this year was in relation to 2 CC debts previously sold off to DCAs and subsequently transferred to another DCA.

SInce I sent the CCA requests I received one letter saying they didn't have it and realised this meant they couldn't enforce the debt but would continue to contact me - which they have, asking for income & expenses etc etc which I have ignored.

The other they sent me a copy of the application form with terms and conditions which DX advised wasn't a copy of the CCA and I should ignore.

Following that I have received several letters firstly saying they would be referring the account the ResolveCall who may visit me at home, to my knowledge they haven't.

Further to that I then received a letter stating they were in the process of referring the account to their Litigation Dept. included was a form to complete with tick boxes, I owe the debt, I owe part of the debt, I dispute the debt, I don't know etc which I ignored (I was given 30 days to reply) I have now received a further letter telling me if I don't reply it will be sent to the Litigation Dept.

Any idea what happens next ?

If they take me to court what is my argument ?

I've tried to research on this forum but haven't come across anything that quite covers this type of letter.

I expect this is usual procedure but I'm not sure if the intent is to scare me into submission or if they feel they have a serious claim that they can take me to court for.

You must respond to the Pre Action protocol Forms....but use ours not theirs.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy,  I have read through the thread just a couple of questions.

I have already sent a CCA request to the DCA and they provided me with the T&C and application form, is this therefore my 'reason to dispute this debt' ?

The thread suggests I return the form to the solicitors that sent me the PAP - the letters are still coming from the DCA - IDEM Servicing. Does this make a difference? Should I just return the form to them?

Thanks for your help

scan up what they sent back as a CCA return to one multipage PDF please

read upload

PAP form reply goes to who sent the pack

but not yet no rush

get all your docs up 1st please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

date you signed please?

that's an application form devoid of most of the required prescribed terms.

and the T&C's which do not appear to even have your details which they must

could of come from anywhere inc this site or their filling cabinet!!

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

It was signed in July 1995

ive split this off to its own thread now

please post here with anything relating to this 1995 MBNA card debt.

they'll never get a compliant CCA for a 1995 card.

hence why the return is incomplete and a cut n paste jobbie

follow post 2 of andy's link above

because .. previous incomplete/unenforceable CCA return

don't forget use out reply form ONLY.

spreadsheets 

Thank you

I used your reply form and sent it to them stating I disputed due to previous incomplete/unenforceable CCA and also asked for Default letter, notice of assignment etc as per advice.

I received the Notice of Assignment, account statement and default notice and today received another letter stating pretty much 'we sent you what you asked for but you haven't replied...14 days to respond or litigation action will commence'

They seem to have ignored the 'I dispute I owe the amount' part due to lack of CCA? Or do I need to respond now to say I still dispute due to lack of proper enforceable documents (CCA)

Thank you

bet it doesn't say WILL anything?

dx

spreadsheets 

ok - Please note, should we not hear from you within the following 14 days of this letter, litigation action shall commence.

Let them litigate.....hope they can comply with your CCA request by the time any hearing date comes around.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

well if they want to goto court with that cut n paste cca that's their call

nothing you can do to prevent that.

typical idem sadly...bullies all the way...

doesn't mean they will

spreadsheets