• Tweets

• I called the business centre that M&F were located at and they advised me to call BCWM, which I did.   A lady spoke to me and said she didn't have any information to hand so I'd have to email them my request. She asked me to provide as much info as possible including my full info so being vague might not be an option.   What do you think of me putting the following:   Dear XXX   It was lovely talking to you earlier. As discussed, my query is in relation to the following piece of land owned by M & F Finance (Ireland) Ltd, which I believe you manage:   Portwood Court, Great Portwood Street, Stockport, SK1 2ED (Title Number : MAN24187)   I have a possible impending legal matter that I'm investigating and therefore need to know who signed up Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL) to manage the car park and whether CEL currently has legal permission to enter into contracts on your behalf.   Any information you can provide would be extremely appreciated.   Do you think this is okay? Should I just sign the email with my name but omit my address?
    • Hi there,   I just wanted to seek some advice as I've been sent a "Parking Charge Notice" for temporarily stopping outside the arrivals terminal at Southend Airport to pick up my disabled father, and now they want £60 off of me. I've appealed, which, as I expected, did nothing.  Should I just let the case go to court, as i feel I have a good defense. My Father is disabled due to the fact that he suffers from Peripheral Arterial Disease and Spinal Stenosis and can only walk short distances before his legs begin to seize up and turn to lead. This is why I had to temporarily stop for a short period outside the terminal. It was a cold, dark evening, pouring with rain, I didn't see any signs. My only concern was getting my Mother and Disabled Father out of the cold weather, into the car and off home.'   Any help appreciated, Thanks          
    • On the matter of the shed, I would move to have the lot replaced immediately. Inventory the contents of the shed, take photographs of their condition and then do what you can to deliver the contents of the shed to your parents. If you continue to keep their property – or at least property to which they are asserting title – on your land then this can only help them and be an encumbrance to you. Ideally you would instruct them to come along and collect it – but the easiest thing to do is simply to put it all into the back of the car or van or something and then to deliver it to your parents. Warn them that it is going to arrive and make sure it all arrives in good condition at a time when you know they are going to be in. Once it is taken to their property, photograph it again and inventory it again so that there are no queries later on. It will be a good idea if you have somebody with you to witness what goes on. If your parents have keys to anything else on your property such as the front door or a back garden door in order to access the shed, you should change those locks immediately and write your parents and tell them that the locks are now been changed, that their own keys will no longer fit and that they are not authorised to enter onto your property in any circumstances. However, I suggest that you deal with the contents of the shed first so that there are no suggestions that you are trying to hang on to some property which I suppose is of no interest to you  
    • People usually sell through estate agents near to where the property is located so try searching for 'estate agents near [postcode]' and go through the results to see if one jogs your memory. Likewise for solicitors.
  • Our picks

WoodDD

VCS PCN - 'no stopping' - London Southend Airport

Now I have received 'demand for payment' with increased penalty £160 by post. They demand me to clear the debt in 14 days.

Any advice please?

It's a threatogram, we don't advise replying to those.

ETA Does it mention anything like Letter Before Claim?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you @honeybee13.

The letter did include a section like:

You have received this notice because the company intends to take you to court in relation to this debt.

This Letter tells you what to do next, including how to avoid court action.

Loads of red and bold words though :)

oh scary red bits eh..

its not a letter of claim or letter of action.

until/unless you get one of those 

you are safe to ignore simon

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Got the 'final demand' letter.

Should I reply like the following to shut them up?

Dear Sir / Madam

I dispute your ' parking charge'. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to my MP.

You are no doubt aware that Southend airport is subject to byelaws 1997. This is not and cannot be a civil debt. Should you proceed with a civil case an application will be made to strike it out as the civil court lacks jurisdiction to hear such cases.

Having been warned that such an application will be made I will hold you fully responsible for all and any fees associated with this and apply for all costs due to your unreasonable behaviour.

Yours faithfully

is it a letter of claim . no .............so as my last post 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hang in there buddy, expect more red ink to be wasted before it gets interesting 👍

Just received 'Letter Before Claim'.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

send an Ericsbrother snotty/insulting letter as in many no stopping threads already here.

dx

spreadsheets 

What about?

Dear Sir / Madam

I dispute your ' parking charge'. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to my MP.

You are no doubt aware that Southend airport is subject to byelaws 1997. This is not and cannot be a civil debt. Should you proceed with a civil case an application will be made to strike it out as the civil court lacks jurisdiction to hear such cases.

Having been warned that such an application will be made I will hold you fully responsible for all and any fees associated with this and apply for all costs due to your unreasonable behaviour.

Yours faithfully

or should I sent a copy of Ericsbrother's template :) ? 

Please help!

Unfortunately for you, I was not born yesterday so I will not be paying the demand as there is no liability in this matter because the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160.00 is nonsense.

As VCS (Vehicle Control Services Ltd) has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you discontinue this foolishness.

Should VCS decide to continue then I shall be asking for a full costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and then seek damages for the breach of the DPA/ GDPR as per VCS V Philip, Liverpool CC Dec 2016.

Even Will and John, the parking world’s worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon’s stupidity and greed and presumably that it why you are wasting your ink on his behalf.

Edited by WoodDD

Please help with the wording of my reply :)!

image.png.9517b5a474aeaff9d7f4d636fa329439.png

Purfek wudknee

spreadsheets 

I think that he is trying to imitate Delboy Trotter.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

The EB letter is perfect to send.  Maybe add in a little bit  about "You know full well this land is covered by bye-laws".

BTW apologies for my stupid reply to your post on BearLake1's thread, saying you should start your own thread ... er, you already have done .. my bad 😣

Never use e-mail, use normal Royal Mail post but get a free certificate of posting from the post office.

That letter is fine, think DX was being Pa Larkin, perfick.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Cheers guys. Your help is highly appreciated!

I've learnt that CVS is now using internal legal team and no longer using legal firm BW. Should I remove the last paragraph?

Thanks again.

Reply to whoever sent you the LBA.

"Internal legal team"!  That would be the tea lady then.