VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - 'no stopping' - London Southend Airport***Claim Dismissed****** Now VCS asking for Leave To Appeal^^^

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just read this thread after receiving a similar letter when I get back from my holiday (the holiday was lovely btw;).

It's my first trip to London Southend airport and I simply stopped to ask the traffic warden onsite where the temporary pickup / drop offs is (for 10 seconds?). I was told there is none and I should use the short stay car park, which I did.

I have already appealed the PCN by telling my story, before reading this thread. Will they consider my situation? What should I do now if they do not?

I just receive PCN (Parking Charge Notice) from Vehicle Control Services Limited for parking at No stopping zone at London Southend Airport.  It's my first trip to London Southend airport and I simply stopped to ask the traffic warden onsite where the temporary pickup / drop offs is (for 10 seconds?). I was told there is none and I should use the short stay car park, which I did.

I have already appealed the PCN by telling my story and tell them I am the driver (the cctv image shows me jumping off my car). However the other thread seems to suggest not to expose the ID of the driver and ignore the PCN.

Will they consider my situation? What should I do now if they do not?

Thanks Honeybee13. Here they are:

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement .     8 / 08 / 2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] .    13 / 08 / 2019

3 Date received .  18 / 08 / 2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]   Not obviously but does a section of data processing for getting the detail of my car

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?  Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] .   Yes

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have just received my parking charge notice (PCN) for stopping at London Southend Airport on 8/8/2019. I understand that stopping on the road is forbidden. However, the reason I  stopped on the spot was to ask a traffic warden where I could park my car temporarily as I was going to pick up my family (it's my first time to London Southend Airport). The officer told me there was not a picking up place. He advised that I should park in short stay car park, which I did.

Considering the situation, could you revoke this PCN please?

Yours faithfully,

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up .   Just automatic response saying a reply will be in 28 days

7 Who is the parking company?    Vehicle Control Services Limited

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] . London Southend Airport, Essex SS2 6YF

Edited by WoodDD

It was perfectly understandable to appeal in your circumstances. However you are dealing with a bunch of crooks who would not care for your reason for stopping. You stopped therefore you owe them. End of, to them. 

You did not help yourself by appealing as you confirmed that you were the driver since you lost the protection of POFA.

In your case this is not so serious since VCS will not take you to Court because the airport is covered by byelaws.

So there is no point in taking you to Court since even if you lost [which there is no way you would providing you turned up] any fine that you paid would not go to them but to the exchequer. That is not to say that they may well take you right up to the Court room door hoping you will crack and pay up. 

Now that you know they cannot beat you in Court all you have to do is to ignore all of their letters, threats and unregulated debt collectors.

The best response is to ignore every piece of communication from them and their scummy side kicks.

The only time to react is if you receive a letter of Claim from them then let us know and we will give a rude letter for them and that should make them realise that after all the time and money they have spent chasing you was all for nothing.

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS PCN - 'no stopping' - London Southend Airport
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just received the following refusal letter from Vehicle Control Services Limited (Southend Airport). What should I do to handle this one?

Please advise, thank you!

-------------

Dear XXXXX
Re: Parking Charge Notice Number VCSXXXXXX (Vehicle: XXXXXX)
Site: Southend Airport
Issue date: 13/08/2019
We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice (CN) received on 19/08/2019.
Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our
main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:

The signs at the entrance to the Airport and on the access roads and designated bus stops within the Airport clearly
state "No Stopping", giving clear notice that the land is private property and that a Charge of £100 will be levied if
vehicles do stop. The above detailed vehicle stopped in a designated bus stop where stopping is prohibited and the
driver became liable to pay that Charge.

In your appeal you have confirmed to us that on the date in question, you stopped your vehicle on the access road,
which is an area where stopping is not permitted.

We note your comment that you stopped to ask directions from an Enforcement Officer; however as stated, the signs
near to the location you stopped clearly stated "No Stopping" and warned that if you did so, you were liable for the
Charge displayed.

There are 87 high profile signs advising drivers not to stop and warning that if a driver does stop, a charge of £100 is
payable. The signs exceed recognised industry standards, with some as large as 2m by 1.1m (6ft 6in by 3ft 7in)
which clearly state "No Stopping" alongside the nationally recognised Highway Code symbol for a Clearway (No
Stopping). Furthermore, the signage on the approach road is reflective and positioned to face oncoming vehicles and
the text size used is relative to the average approach speed of a vehicle in relation to the speed limit in force at that
location.

We have fully reviewed this case and we are satisfied that the Charge Notice was correctly issued. We are unable to
accept the mitigating circumstances raised in your representations, your appeal is therefore rejected and the Charge
will stand; photographic evidence which supports this can be viewed at www.myparkingcharge.co.uk.

What you should do next - Either:

1. Pay the Charge Notice (CN): In order to settle the Charge, the payment of £60 to reach us by 25/09/2019 or £100
to reach us by 09/10/2019 must be made. Failure to pay this charge within the stated times, may result in Debt
Recovery Action being taken and further costs up to an additional £60 being incurred. Payments can be made
online at www.myparkingcharge.co.uk by following the links for "Pay Now", or over the phone by calling
0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card.
OR:

2. Appeal to the Independent Appeals Services (IAS): If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to
appeal to the IAS. In order to appeal, the IAS will need the following information (which is also contained in the
subject header of this correspondence).
Notice Serial No: VCSXXXXX Vehicle Registration Mark: XXXXX
Appeals must be submitted to the IAS within 21 days of the date of this correspondence. Please visit www.theias.org
for full details on how to submit an appeal online.
It is important you note that if you do make an appeal to the IAS, the reduced charge offered above will no longer
apply. You should also be aware that if a payment is made prior to an appeal being made to, or adjudicated by, the
IAS AND this is accepted as Full and Final settlement against the CN, the appeal will automatically be dismissed and
the matter will be deemed closed. Should you appeal to the IAS and it is unsuccessful, the full amount outstanding
(£100) will become payable within 14 days of the date the IAS decision is notified to you. Failure to pay this sum in
the 14 day period will result in debt recovery costs of £60.00 being added to the outstanding balance.
It is important we also highlight that no further appeals will be accepted at this office; any such appeal must be
made to the IAS.
Please also note that further costs may be incurred should it be necessary for us to subsequently recover any
outstanding charge using further debt recovery and/or court action.

Yours sincerely,

Appeals Administration Team
CENTRAL PROCESSING OFFICE

yea shame bang you shot yourself in the foot there

pers i'd await the letter of claim now is they are stupid enough to send one.

clever how they don't mention the byelaws, which ultimately means even if it went to court they'd get nothing anyway.

this wasn't sent by email was it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just wait for the LBC now. Outing yourself as the driver will not have been disastrous in this case since it's not an enforceable parking charge anyway.

Expect lots of silly letters from debt collectors, but ignore them. Only important letter is the LBC (or LBA as they call it alternatively) it will mention pre action protocol. Come back here when you get that. In the meantime tell them that the service of all documents is to be via post to your address at xxxxxxx and that yo do not accept service via email.

NEVER EVER USE MAIL

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

block and bounce all their email addresses.

dx

and they

agree, you block their emails and make sure they bounce back rather than just disappear onto the ether.

Their response is irrelevfant to parking contracts and they knwo it but they are greedy so wont back down. I like the admission that their operative was culpable in your stopping and failed to mitigate things, IF they are stupid enough to take this to court I'm sure the judge will have choice words about their actions. They dotn have a leg to stand on anyway for 2 other very important reasons. Clearly you shuld have run the bloke over and as you carried him along on your bonnet got him to ppint to where you wanted to go.

Thanks @ericsbrother.

The email was sent from address '[email protected]'. I guess nobody will be checking emails for it?

Block the address anyway. Not sure gmail would bounce it back though.

Found a way doing it through gmail. Tempted using the following template for auto-reply. Should I?

Dear Sir / Madam

I dispute your 'parking charge'. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to my MP.

You are no doubt aware that Southend airport is subject to byelaws 1997. This is not and cannot be a civil debt. Should you proceed with a civil case an application will be made to strike it out as the civil court lacks jurisdiction to hear such cases.

Having been warned that such an application will be made I will hold you fully responsible for all and any fees associated with this and apply for all costs due to your unreasonable behaviour.

Yours faithfully

save that for the letter of claim if you get one ever.

and they

your bounce back should just state that they are not getting through andthey shoudl invest in a stamp and post things properly

you have to stop being nice or even polite from now on, they are attempting to rob defraud you as they knwo they have no lawful authority to make such claims

Edited by ericsbrother