Hi 

I am looking for some advice as I am currently being messed around by the loss adjuster called Direct Group Insurance which is handling my claim on home insurance. Thanks in advance. 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Can you tell us what's happened so far please? There isn't really enough information in your post for us to advise.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes of course, I made a claim under my home insurance as I had a break in at my garage, filed police report of what items were taken and given crime ref number, they reimbursed my the money for the garden furniture was taken very promtly within 3 working days. Nearly 2 weeks after my claim was authorised for the garage door to be fixed I’m still awaiting the money that is owed to me I keep on being told the accounts team have a problem with payments. Completly at my wits end and don’t know where to turn. 

Thanks in advance 

Please start reading up about icobs and monitor this thread for a fuller reply tomorrow although I expect others will come along soon with some very good advice as well

Get on the phone ( record the call if you can) and make a formal complaint.

The accounts problem is probably just staff holidays and your account is waiting in a queue to be paid.  Most companies allow about 15% of staff to take holiday during the summer. Then you have parents who only work term time etc etc.  It means there is always a backlog around this time of the year. 

If you complaint, you will get your payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok great, thank you I will give that a go tomorrow will let you know how I get on. 

C