Refund for office address service

andwan0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought an office address service with 1st choice formations.
Now we changed our mind after 1 day and emailed them for refund. They say they don't give refunds.

Is this allowed? Where can I go to escalate this complaint?

I would imagine they can charge you something for administration, how much did you pay and for how far in advance? This isn't my area of expertise but I would think they will need more specific information to advise. Was there a contract and if so what does it say about cancellation?

This is what they say on their website

Consumer's right to cancel:

Consumers have the right to cancel the contract for the provision of goods or services, by notice in writing, at any time before 14 days have passed from the day after the contract was made. If, however, we have started to perform our side of the contract before you exercise your right to cancel, then the right to cancel is lost.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

“Consumers”, yet for an “office address” it may be that you aren’t a “consumer”.

Was this for a business, where the Consumer Rights Act doesn’t apply?

Thanks, this is our first time buying something business related and forgot about consumer rights only apply to non-business customer people. 

• 2 weeks later...