• Tweets

• Attached. Sorry about the delay.    The first few pages seem to have gone out of sync when uploading. Sorry about that.    As yet no reply from the company to advise of how much the arrears are to release the vehicle.    edit: this is the second load agreement can’t seem to find the first I think it may still be in the car... I imagine it will be pretty identical though except it was £500 convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2019-10-17_22-19-27_2-compressed.pdf
    • Thank you dx.   Will I not be sent to a credit agency or affect my credit score?   Thanks so much for your help.
    • I never have to be honest. Their recent discounts are way off what they were before. Used to be 75% off and such.   ill CCa them tomorrow
    • Ah no DX apologies.   its never defaulted. We had a an agreement in place whereby they didn’t default the account so every statement that came through had the interest frozen and I was just chipping away at it.   which is why this doesn’t make sense. Surely it has to default before they sell it? I’m totally ruined if this Company now applies a default .
    • name the issuing court: Airdrie Sheriff Court   Who Is The Claimant: Arrow Global Limited   Who Are the Solicitors: Shoosmiths LLP   What type of action? (Simple/Ordinary): Ordinary   What is the claim for – The Pursuers are a finance company which inter alia operates the business of debt purchasing. By virtue of a debt purchase agreement between the pursuers and hbos plc dated 28/02/2017, the pursuer acquired title to and was assigned the right to payment in respect of all debts and other monetary claims of any nature due or owing by the defenders to the original owner which were in existence as at the date of the agreement, and in particular in relation to the contract hereinafter condescended upon. The said assignation was intimated to the defender by way of a written notice on or around 28/02/2017.   The said contract between the Original Owner and the defender is a regulated credit agreement in terms of Section 189 of the consumer credit act 1974. It is dated 21/01/2008 and relates to a personal loan agreement with account number XXXX. It was a term of said agreement that a failure to meet any instalment on a due date would render the account in default and would entitle the pursuer to serve notice of default on the defender requiring the defender to remedy the breach within 14 days which failing the agreement would be terminated.   date of raised claim :- ?   Last Date Of Service:- ?   Last Date For Response:- 7/11/19?   What Documents are listed in Box E2: a copy of the credit agreement statements of account and notice of assignation will be produced in any defended process to follow hereon.   Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- personal loan     BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: make payment of the sums sued for …..   from your knowledge: answer the following:   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2008   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?    Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? believe so   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? unsure   When was you last payment:- 11/2016   Why did you cease payments:- 11/2016   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? yes dmp til 11/2016
  • Our picks

Betty79

Marquis Motorhomes Preston rejected refund

Hello, we bought a motorhome from Marquis in Preston, collected it on 8 August. Went to stay in Southport with it for a few days, left on Sunday 11 August to return home to Scotland. Motorhome drove perfectly from Southport to Dumbarton where we stopped at Service Station. When we came back to motorhome it wouldn't start. Tried several times to turn it over but just wouldn't start. Phoned the AA who came out. When they tried it, it started!!

The AA man connected it to his device and said that there was 5 issues logged. The main one was an immobilizer fault. The other 4 were to due with fuel and oil levels and pressure but they were a result of the immobilizer fault. He cleared the fault and we drove home. On notifying Marquis of the problem they said nothing to do with them, to book it in to Peugeot. Tried to book with Peugeot but they won't take it as not currently broken down. Said we would have to wait until it breaks down again, not to let AA clear fault and have it recovered to nearest garage.

Motorhome is brand new, 2019 ELDDIS Majestic with 800ish miles. We are unhappy that it doesn't seem reliable as shouldn't have a fault with immobilizer when new. Intimated to Marquis that reject motorhome under 30 day period of Consumer Rights Act. They have written to say they dont accept rejection as there is no longer a fault, therefore no grounds to reject and ask for refund. Motorhome was £48500 and would have thought shouldn't break down on its first outing. From other threads Marquis appear to be difficult to deal with, but do we legally have rights or do we have to just accept what they have said?

Any advice would be very much appreciated, never been in a circumstance such as this before and dont know what to do. We live in a remote area in Scotland and have a 9 year old who will be with us on our motorhome travels, so a reliable vehicle is essential. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Thank you for posting your story about this company. If you look through the forum, you will find that you are not the first and they tend to be rather obstinate and unhelpful when it comes to respecting consumer rights even though those consumers have bought high-value items from them.

In addition to posting here, I suggest that you post your story on trust pilot and also on our Facebook  page https://www.facebook.com/groups/507948263036905/

Because it is helpful that as many people as possible know about the kind of problems they my experience with this company.

Your post is rather difficult to follow and that is partly because you have posted a solid block of text.

Even if you are using a telephone, please will you space and punctuate your post properly said it then becomes easier to read and you will find that you get much better support from people who are highly motivated that might otherwise be discouraged from giving you the best advice.

Please monitor instead for a full reply later on

I can certainly understand that you have lost confidence in the vehicle.

however I tend to agree that you will need to be able to demonstrate the existence of fault before you can take the matter forward.

I think that you have behaved absolutely correctly by writing to them and putting them on notice that you are asserting your rights under the Consumer rights act short-term right to reject as the fault has occurred within 30 days.

as the fault seems to have disappeared, I think you need to write to them and tell them that the fault is still there but clearly is sporadic but that you have asserted your right and that if the fault reappears, you will be relying upon that.

also I think that it is worth firing a shot across their bows and tell them that you are fully aware of their reputation for not respecting the rights of their customers and that you will take this into consideration when you consider what approach to take if and when the fault reappears.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what else to advise at this point, but the moment but the fault does reappear and presumably it will, then you should come to us very quickly.

It is clearly very unsatisfactory for you

Hello, thank you for your message, it is very helpful. 

We will try this and see what they say.  Its not what youd expect from a new motorhome and with where we live breaking down is a major concern. The majority of the journey from here to Glasgow has no phone signal, so that would be a difficulty straight off! 

Really appreciate your time to read over this and give your help. 

Will get in touch with them and see what they say. 

Thanks 😊