Jump to content

Marquis Motorhomes Preston rejected refund

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 405 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello, we bought a motorhome from Marquis in Preston, collected it on 8 August. Went to stay in Southport with it for a few days, left on Sunday 11 August to return home to Scotland. Motorhome drove perfectly from Southport to Dumbarton where we stopped at Service Station. When we came back to motorhome it wouldn't start. Tried several times to turn it over but just wouldn't start. Phoned the AA who came out. When they tried it, it started!!


The AA man connected it to his device and said that there was 5 issues logged. The main one was an immobilizer fault. The other 4 were to due with fuel and oil levels and pressure but they were a result of the immobilizer fault. He cleared the fault and we drove home. On notifying Marquis of the problem they said nothing to do with them, to book it in to Peugeot. Tried to book with Peugeot but they won't take it as not currently broken down. Said we would have to wait until it breaks down again, not to let AA clear fault and have it recovered to nearest garage.


Motorhome is brand new, 2019 ELDDIS Majestic with 800ish miles. We are unhappy that it doesn't seem reliable as shouldn't have a fault with immobilizer when new. Intimated to Marquis that reject motorhome under 30 day period of Consumer Rights Act. They have written to say they dont accept rejection as there is no longer a fault, therefore no grounds to reject and ask for refund. Motorhome was £48500 and would have thought shouldn't break down on its first outing. From other threads Marquis appear to be difficult to deal with, but do we legally have rights or do we have to just accept what they have said?


Any advice would be very much appreciated, never been in a circumstance such as this before and dont know what to do. We live in a remote area in Scotland and have a 9 year old who will be with us on our motorhome travels, so a reliable vehicle is essential. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting your story about this company. If you look through the forum, you will find that you are not the first and they tend to be rather obstinate and unhelpful when it comes to respecting consumer rights even though those consumers have bought high-value items from them.

In addition to posting here, I suggest that you post your story on trust pilot and also on our Facebook  page https://www.facebook.com/groups/507948263036905/


Because it is helpful that as many people as possible know about the kind of problems they my experience with this company.

Your post is rather difficult to follow and that is partly because you have posted a solid block of text.

Even if you are using a telephone, please will you space and punctuate your post properly said it then becomes easier to read and you will find that you get much better support from people who are highly motivated that might otherwise be discouraged from giving you the best advice.

Please monitor instead for a full reply later on

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Andyorch changed the title to Marquis Motorhomes Preston rejected refund

I can certainly understand that you have lost confidence in the vehicle.

however I tend to agree that you will need to be able to demonstrate the existence of fault before you can take the matter forward.

I think that you have behaved absolutely correctly by writing to them and putting them on notice that you are asserting your rights under the Consumer rights act short-term right to reject as the fault has occurred within 30 days.

as the fault seems to have disappeared, I think you need to write to them and tell them that the fault is still there but clearly is sporadic but that you have asserted your right and that if the fault reappears, you will be relying upon that.

also I think that it is worth firing a shot across their bows and tell them that you are fully aware of their reputation for not respecting the rights of their customers and that you will take this into consideration when you consider what approach to take if and when the fault reappears.


I'm afraid I'm not sure what else to advise at this point, but the moment but the fault does reappear and presumably it will, then you should come to us very quickly.


It is clearly very unsatisfactory for you





Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, thank you for your message, it is very helpful. 


We will try this and see what they say.  Its not what youd expect from a new motorhome and with where we live breaking down is a major concern. The majority of the journey from here to Glasgow has no phone signal, so that would be a difficulty straight off! 


Really appreciate your time to read over this and give your help. 


Will get in touch with them and see what they say. 


Thanks 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...