foolonthehill v barclays & nationwide

thefoolonthehill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am in the process of claiming back my charges from the above two banks and have a question surrounding the complicated issue of interest.

Can someone confirm if my thinking is correct.

My unauthorised interest rate is 1.870 per month so if I am £100 over my over draft limit is the amount of interest that I can claim back £1.87.

the formula for this is 1.870 / 100 x 100

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I have been looking at statments and doing some sums for about 4 hours and think i have pickled my brain:-o

Your calculation is correct but you cannot claim this back. You can only claim back the unauthorised interest on the penalty charges. i.e the £30 fees for Unauthorised Overdraft, Paid Referral etc.

Most people do not claim back this interest as it is very complex and in most cases does not amount to much. Most people claim back 8% interest on their charges from the date they were introduced during the last 6 year period. You do not claim this 8% interest until you file a court claim.

Have a good read of the FAQs and step by step guide and also look at Vampiress spreadsheets (most people use the simple one)

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 2 weeks later...