Phoenix nights

Stepchange DMP - need help and advice please...

Hi 

I have been on a DMP for past 2 years now, with stepchange.

I cant afford the high payment I was making anymore £390, due to things changing at home, so have to go back to SC to ask for reduce payment.

This will potentially see me being debt free in 12 years instead of 6!

I have reading a few forums here and needed you expertise and opinions as I have noticed a few strange things whilst going through my credit report etc:-

Here are my debts listed on SC:-

PRA GROUP - Barclaycard £11252.41 - started 6/12/10 - Settled (does that mean defaulted?) 22/03/17

WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES - Santander Loan £4001.30 - started 15/8/16 - settled - 31/10/17

CABOT - Virgin Money CC - £3028.89 - started 5/4/12 - settled - 7/11/17

RATESETTER - £2536.80 (NO Default information on report?)

MOORCROFT - INTRUM - Halifax CC - £1363.70 - started - 18/6/12 - settled - 17/04/18

WESCOT - Santander Overdraft - £887.33 - started 21/4/2008 - settled - 6/9/17

POST OFFICE CC - £456.08 - started 18/12/2009 - settled - 02/05/17

CABOT - Yorkshire Bank CC £411.79 (NO Default info on credit report?)

The strange things I noticed is that there is no mention of a default from yorkshire bank.

Also there are defaults from PRA GROUP and CABOT as well as the banks they represent in the defaults (Halifax and Barclaycard) is that normal?

I could really do with help and advice of what I can do with this please.

As I do not want people coming to my house, if I stop paying. Things are stressful at home at the moment, so dealing with this on my own, as they are all mine.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

1st...settled on the credit file entry does not mean defaulted no..the debt details will be the file for the same debt under the DCA that bought the debt.

2nd a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF and have ZERO legal powers. so stuff any worry about powerless doorsteppers!!

to me it looks like you are being cash cowed blind here on several debts.

bar the OD debt.. which you can ignore for now [but tell us whom are wetcloths client]

send a CCA request to each debt OWNER [in the case of wetcloths their stated client]

dx

• Like 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

hi dx

thanks for the reply, and advice.

I can see sending a CCA request using the template is straightforward for the credit card ones (PRA GROUP, CABOT, MOORCROFT-INTRUM).

For the two WESCOT, you mentioned leave the OD one?

however the for the loan one it was Santander, so CCA them?

RATESETTER (loan) looks like it is not using a DCA, so do I still CCA them too or no point?

Same for POST OFFICE (credit card), as there is no default that I can see on my report do I still CCA them too.

Is there a risk I will get into more bother?

Lastly the halifax credit card was with MOORCROFT, however received a letter last month that INTRUM have taken over but I should leave payments as they are with STEPCHANGE.

Noticed on step change, it has changed to MOORCROFT-INTRUM, are they the same company.

Apologies for the breakdown, just want to make sure I dont make a mistake when sending out the CCA's.

Thanks again.

43 minutes ago, Phoenix nights said:

hi dx

thanks for the reply, and advice.

I can see sending a CCA request using the template is straightforward for the credit card ones (PRA GROUP, CABOT, MOORCROFT-INTRUM).

For the two WESCOT, you mentioned leave the OD one? - forget the od debt for now.

however the for the loan one it was Santander, so CCA them? - cant hurt or send our pro rata letter from the debt collection section of our library.

RATESETTER (loan) looks like it is not using a DCA, so do I still CCA them too or no point? - start a new thread in the PDL forum please

Same for POST OFFICE (credit card), as there is no default that I can see on my report do I still CCA them too. - cant hurt or send our pro rata letter from the debt collection section of our library.

Is there a risk I will get into more bother?

Lastly the halifax credit card was with MOORCROFT, however received a letter last month that INTRUM have taken over but I should leave payments as they are with STEPCHANGE.

Noticed on step change, it has changed to MOORCROFT-INTRUM, are they the same company.- no Moorcroft are simply goffers like wetcloths..cca Intrum

Apologies for the breakdown, just want to make sure I dont make a mistake when sending out the CCA's.

Thanks again.

per I think i'd cancel stepchange once these fleecers start to failed the 12+2 working days deadline and eal with the others yourself.

most of these debts are historic and paperwork will more than likely not be enforceable IF they ever reply to your various CCA requests.

lots of like threads here in this debt self help forum. just Debt management and Debt self-help

and go read a few.

you'll soon get the idea

• Like 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks dx

I am looking forward to the day I can stop the payments, for the ones I don't have to anyway!

I will get onto these as soon as possible, and feedback.

Thanks