RBS - PPi and life insurance on same claim?

I haven't re-read the thread but what you describe sounds to me like a decreasing term assurance that would run alongside a repayment mortgage.

Does that make any sense in your situation?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote to you on xxx august 2019 wanting to reclaim the numerous compulsory protection policies you made me takeout in year concerning  my mortgage agreement number xxx dated xxx.   yo

wasting money by using recorded is not needed on most letters 

I have no experience of PPI claims myself but I do know that PPI and decreasing term assurance aren't the same thing.   I may have asked this before, but why do you think you were missold th

oh well only 4yrs to go.

what a con from day one...

HB this policy was sold together with various PPI products upon taking out an RBS Mortage in 2003, everything else they agreed was mis sold and has been refunded in full.

but because they say this is not PPI so is not covered by the changes in DISP waving the 6yrs rule toward anything PPI, reclaiming this is out of time, and to boot the mortgage it was taken out with was fully paid off in 2009...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm sure I can just cancel this now though?

The weird thing is the RBS agent is talking like she thinks I knew it was optional when the policy started (the bits in bold and underlined)

Below I have listed the concerns you raised and overall, I have considered the following:

• You believe your DTA has been mis-sold.

Your mortgage was not an endowment mortgage, so there was no legal requirement to have nor should the bank have made this plan compulsory.

• The only beneficiary was the bank through ultimate direct payment should something have happened to you settling your mortgage sum.

When looking into complaints, I am guided by the rules from our Regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority. These rules are known as the Dispute Resolution rules, or DISP rules. These rules place a responsibility on customers to raise any complaint or concerns within a reasonable period of time; a complaint should be raised within six years of when the advice was provided or, if later, within three years from when a customer first became aware (or should have reasonably become aware) that they had cause to complain.

The concerns that you have raised above about your DTA were known to you at the time you took it out and therefore you ought to have reasonably been aware that you had cause for complaint at that time.

Can I not just reiterate that I only realised in 2019, when I submitted all the claims together?

Not reclaiming wise no.

But for the sake of £xxpcm till its term ends you have life or poss critical illness/injury cover still worth £1000's if anything happens.

Imho its not worth stopping now as i bet there is no cash in nor cover once you cease payment

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for all of your help dx

I guess I could always express my disappointment as a customer of nearly 30 years with them, nothing to lose.

I do tend to agree with your point though