Liability order - jacobs refused offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im lost and a friend recommended i come here for some guidance. Jacobs wrote to me recently as there is a liability order for this years council tax,

i thought i was paying it but turns out that was for last years my partner left last year up until then he paid everything for the last 15 years i just continued paying as he had i didnt question where it was up to

But once i got letter about going to court i contacted council and they told me what it was for & said to respond to the court letter i Sent the slip back to say i couldnt afford the £300 a month they were asking & offered an extra £60 a week on top of what i was paying already, i didnt hear back, recieved liability order & the letter from jacobs arrived asking me to pay or fill out income expenditure form & make an offer.

i again offered £60 a week, im a single parent with 3 kids i work part time self employed while they at school and my income is topped up with benefits, in total i have £508 a week coming in from wages, tax credits & child benefit. Jacobs have responded refusing my offer they say from my paperwork they can see i have disposable income of £900 a month the lowest they will accept is £150 a week, i dont know where they get that from i wish i had £900 a month to play with

i dont know what to do next, do i write to them again, £60 a week was going to be tight i dont know where to cut an extra £90 a week from thats more than i spend on food, is there anything i can do or do i just stop paying my other bills for a bit until its paid off? I even considered just letting them in house to take stuff but theres not much apart from clothes & toys i think it would just increase total. The first £150 is due 23rd august i think i will have to phone them as they arent giving enough time to write to them are jacobs ok to talk with on the phone? 

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance 

Sorry its for £1636

this is what jacobs have said 

“Unfortunately we are unable to accept your offer to pay £60.00 per week due to the length of time we are required to have your debt cleared. Upon review of the figures provided, the minimum payments required are £150.00 per week.

Unpaid Council Tax is a priority debt, and should be treated as such. As you have a disposable income of £899.17 per month listed on your Financial Statement, we feel this arrangement is both reasonable and realistic.

Your first instalment is required by 23rd August 2019;”

I wrote it down, should i post it here? Unless ive calculated it wrong i should have £89 a week disposable although it never feels like i have that but if im strick especially with giving the kids money to go out thats what i should have left over.

i have 2 teenagers (13 & 15) that are home alone some afternoons im worried jacobs will turn up when they home alone & terrify them so i really want to sort this 

just inform your children to ignore and not engage

there is no right of forced entry on CTAX LO's 

so quite safe to do so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx100uk

ive been going over the income & expenditure and i think i may have worked out where they get extra disposable from they just havent read the form properly.

under income its asks for the income source in one column & in next column asks if its weekly/monthly/fortnightly. My tax credits is weekly, my income from working is weekly but my child benefit is paid every 4 weeks & ive wrote 4 weekly in the column, if i total it up as if they had calculated that child benefit amount to be a weekly amount it would come out with i have over £800 left over 

will contact them again i hope im right

Edited by Flock