BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 285 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Im lost and a friend recommended i come here for some guidance. Jacobs wrote to me recently as there is a liability order for this years council tax,

i thought i was paying it but turns out that was for last years my partner left last year up until then he paid everything for the last 15 years i just continued paying as he had i didnt question where it was up to

But once i got letter about going to court i contacted council and they told me what it was for & said to respond to the court letter i Sent the slip back to say i couldnt afford the £300 a month they were asking & offered an extra £60 a week on top of what i was paying already, i didnt hear back, recieved liability order & the letter from jacobs arrived asking me to pay or fill out income expenditure form & make an offer.

i again offered £60 a week, im a single parent with 3 kids i work part time self employed while they at school and my income is topped up with benefits, in total i have £508 a week coming in from wages, tax credits & child benefit. Jacobs have responded refusing my offer they say from my paperwork they can see i have disposable income of £900 a month the lowest they will accept is £150 a week, i dont know where they get that from i wish i had £900 a month to play with

i dont know what to do next, do i write to them again, £60 a week was going to be tight i dont know where to cut an extra £90 a week from thats more than i spend on food, is there anything i can do or do i just stop paying my other bills for a bit until its paid off? I even considered just letting them in house to take stuff but theres not much apart from clothes & toys i think it would just increase total. The first £150 is due 23rd august i think i will have to phone them as they arent giving enough time to write to them are jacobs ok to talk with on the phone? 

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance 

Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along later with advice for you.

I take it you're talking about Jacobs bailiffs? If so, we'll probably move you to our bailiffs forum so the advisers there see it.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you honeybee yes its jacobs baliffs

OK, thank you for that. I've moved your thread to the Bailiffs section.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You have not mentioned how much the Liability Order is for? 

In their response to your payment proposal, have Jacobs questioned any particualr items of expenditure?

Sorry its for £1636

this is what jacobs have said 

“Unfortunately we are unable to accept your offer to pay £60.00 per week due to the length of time we are required to have your debt cleared. Upon review of the figures provided, the minimum payments required are £150.00 per week.

Unpaid Council Tax is a priority debt, and should be treated as such. As you have a disposable income of £899.17 per month listed on your Financial Statement, we feel this arrangement is both reasonable and realistic.

Your first instalment is required by 23rd August 2019;”

Did you keep a copy of the Income & Expenditure that you had submitted to Jacob's? 

Was it the case that you had exhibited disposable income of £899.17 per month?

I wrote it down, should i post it here? Unless ive calculated it wrong i should have £89 a week disposable although it never feels like i have that but if im strick especially with giving the kids money to go out thats what i should have left over.

i have 2 teenagers (13 & 15) that are home alone some afternoons im worried jacobs will turn up when they home alone & terrify them so i really want to sort this 

just inform your children to ignore and not engage

there is no right of forced entry on CTAX LO's 

so quite safe to do so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thank you dx100uk

ive been going over the income & expenditure and i think i may have worked out where they get extra disposable from they just havent read the form properly.

under income its asks for the income source in one column & in next column asks if its weekly/monthly/fortnightly. My tax credits is weekly, my income from working is weekly but my child benefit is paid every 4 weeks & ive wrote 4 weekly in the column, if i total it up as if they had calculated that child benefit amount to be a weekly amount it would come out with i have over £800 left over 

will contact them again i hope im right

Edited by Flock