Hi everyone

I used Dartford crossing on 25-11-2018 and paid the fee online using the website that appeared when searching.

I paid £6 for my small car and at the time did not think anything of it as I have never been there before.

I moved house in December 2018 and changed my address on my vehicle registration

2 months later I received a letter (to wrong address) stating I had not paid the charge.

I then contacted them the same day and advised I actually paid it as soon as we have crossed over.

I was advised then to submit evidence in the form of my bank statement showing the charge which I did via email.

I received another email then a letter (wrong address again) stating I had not paid the charge and I was now being charge more due to time scales.

I have now received 2 letters from Marston 

-  First one stating that a warrant has been issued by Northampton County Court 

- I have heard nothing from NCC,

and the second stating I now must pay £190 otherwise an enforcement officer will attend my property and take belongings etc etc and more fees will be charged.

I have until midnight on 13th August to contact or pay.

Can anyone advise me please?

Hi.

Can you get a printout of your Dart account saying that you paid the charge?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

I don't have a 'DART account'?

I have proof in the form of  a PDF showing it in my bank statement

Oh right.

I don't know a huge amount about Dart although I've used it, but if you paid via the website do you have some kind of record?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Unfortunately I do not. They did not send me a receipt so I only have the bank statement for evidence.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, mackem67 said:

Hi everyone

I used Dartford crossing on 25-11-2018 and paid the fee online using the website that appeared when searching.

I paid £6 for my small car and at the time did not think anything of it as I have never been there before.

I moved house in December 2018 and changed my address on my vehicle registration

2 months later I received a letter (to wrong address) stating I had not paid the charge.

I then contacted them the same day and advised I actually paid it as soon as we have crossed over.

I was advised then to submit evidence in the form of my bank statement showing the charge which I did via email.

I received another email then a letter (wrong address again) stating I had not paid the charge and I was now being charge more due to time scales.

In the first instance, from your above post, you appear to have made a single journey on the Dartford Crossing and you were driving a 'small car'. If so, then a Dart Charge payment of £2.50 would be payable and not a fee of £6.00.

Are you sure that the payment that you made was to Dart Charge? The reason for asking is because there are a number of 'unofficial' selling websites' on the net. The link below from Transport for London (in relation to the daily TfL congestion charge) is a prime example?

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/unofficial-selling-websites

On the bank statement, it should show which company your £6 payment was made to.

PS: What was the date that payment was made.

Edited by Bailiff Advice

16 hours ago, mackem67 said:

I have now received 2 letters from Marston 

-  First one stating that a warrant has been issued by Northampton County Court 

- I have heard nothing from NCC,

and the second stating I now must pay £190 otherwise an enforcement officer will attend my property and take belongings etc etc and more fees will be charged.

I have until midnight on 13th August to contact or pay.

Can anyone advise me please?

Unless you have two unpaid crossing fees, it would be usual to just receive ONE letter from Marston's. That letter would be entitled Notice of Enforcement  and would be requesting payment of £190.50. What is the 2nd letter?

Please be reassured that even though a warrant has been issued, there is no judgment entered against you and your credit rating is not in any way affected. 

You mention that the initial letters from Dart Charge and Marston's have the wrong address. Can you explain a little more?

22 minutes ago, Bailiff Advice said:

In the first instance, from your above post, you appear to have made a single journey on the Dartford Crossing and you were driving a 'small car'. If so, then a Dart Charge payment of £2.50 would be payable and not a fee of £6.00.

Are you sure that the payment that you made was to Dart Charge? The reason for asking is because there are a number of 'unofficial' selling websites' on the net. The link below from Transport for London (in relation to the daily TfL congestion charge) is a prime example?

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/unofficial-selling-websites

On the bank statement, it should show which company your £6 payment was made to.

PS: What was the date that payment was made.

HI

Thanks for reply.

I made a single journey northbound on 25th NOV 2018 and was driving a toyota aygo, I had no idea what the charges were supposed to be as had never been there before. My sister in law advised me to make sure it is paid by midnight next day therefore I went online straight after crossing (my partner was driving) and paid £6 as requested.

I cannot remember the website, however, on the bank statement it states 25NOV18 DARTCROSSING CHARGE, BRISTOL GB.

The first 2 PCN letters were sent to my old address. I also contacted via email and the 3rd letter (notice of rejection) was sent to my new address. Both Marston letters were sent to new address.

I apologise as I think I got a bit mixed up with what went where!

First Marston letter is notice of enforcement, Second letter is simply a demand to pay or cantact them immedicately or an agent will visit and yes it is £190.50

Thanks

Almost certainly you have grounds to submit a Dart Charge Out of Time witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All bailiff enforcement will be placed on hold for approx. 4-6 weeks whilst a decision is made. 

The entry on your bank statement is evidence that a payment was made. Was the payment actually deducted from your account on 25th November?

What may well have happened (and unfortunately, this is fairly common) is that you may have input the wrong registration number when making payment. Entering the letter O for zero is a common example. 

2 minutes ago, Bailiff Advice said:

Almost certainly you have grounds to submit a Dart Charge Out of Time witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All bailiff enforcement will be placed on hold for approx. 4-6 weeks whilst a decision is made. 

The entry on your bank statement is evidence that a payment was made. Was the payment actually deducted from your account on 25th November?

What may well have happened (and unfortunately, this is fairly common) is that you may have input the wrong registration number when making payment. Entering the letter O for zero is a common example. 

It is dated 26th Nov with transaction date as 25th.

I have completed an appeal form, should I also complete an Out of Time?

2 hours ago, mackem67 said:

It is dated 26th Nov with transaction date as 25th.

I have completed an appeal form, should I also complete an Out of Time?

What do you mean when you mention that you have completed an 'appeal form'?

Hi I completed an appeal form with the Traffic Penalty Tribunal sevice. 

I have just received a reply stating I need to complete a witness statement and that this should have been included with the enforcement order which it was not.

They have given me a link to an online form.

Do I have to contact Marston at any point regarding this?

Hi

I have just spoken to County Court and she is sending me correct forms but I only have until 4pm today!

Wish me luck