Lowell Vanquis CCJ - now letter threatening bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys sorry to bother you

Im having problems with Lowell for a debt that's about 2 yrs old now with vanquish.

They are phoning every day and letters every other day

I know I have been naughty and not paid outstanding balance of over £2000 but I did try to negotiate at the time with Vanquish as I came out of work but the requested payments were too high to manage so it spiralled out of control.

Now it's gone to Lowell and latest offer is 40% off £1555.10 and if don't pay in full they will:

1.applying to county court for attachment of earnings which means your employer will have to pay directly from my wage

2.Instruct Court Bailiff to attend your home and recover money from you directly.

The account balance according to LOWELL is £2591.84 and I have had no statements of either Vanquish or LOWELL comfirming this amount.

What should I do at this stage?

PS Vanquish did advise debt management company and gave them my ins and outs but as I said they(Debt Management Company) wanted £400 a month which I clearly couldn't afford I gave up this stage and I said time past and on to LOWELL and many phone calls and letters ever since

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Are you able to post the letter up because I think you may be paraphrasing slightly. (cover up all personal info and post as a pdf)

Lowell can only get an attachment to earnings if they have already taken court action. They cannot just apply with no judgement to back them up.

In the same vein, no bailiff can call unless there is a judgement in place.

In the library are some letters to assist you in getting them to back off. If you choose to phone them, record the call-every time.

You have a right to be contacted in a way that is acceptable for you so long as you maintain communication.

They cannot force you to pay more than you can afford.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi there Welcome to cag

First of all we need more information in order to help you.

1) Who was the debt with originally

2) Who OWNS the debt now

3) Rough Amount

4) Type of Debt - Credit card, overdraft, utility, phone

5) Rough year it was taken out

6) Stage the debt is in. - Have you received a N1 claim form? If so when and what happened

At this stage, COMMUNICATE ONLY IN WRITING If someone phones from them, do not answer their security questions and tell them "In writing only" and hang up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Ok well the good news is that without an N1, lowell would have to take you to court as Silverfox states above before they can do anything like the threats in their letter.

Follow his advise above.

You tell them in writing WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD to pay, not the other way round. even if after completing an income and expenditure sheet for yourself and taking into account priority debts first that leaves just £1 a month.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Lowell and latest offer is 40% off £1555.10

I personally wouldn't be making any contact...apart from requesting the agreement:madgrin:

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When you say the "debt is 2 years old", is this when you entered into the agreement.. 2011/2013 ? Or the point at which you defaulted.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send the CCA request. Lowrlls offering a discount mean that for some reason they can't enforce the debt and are bluffing you into paying.

Nip it in the bud quick as lowrlls may very well try their hand in court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 11 months later...

Hi guys sorry to bother you all again

and had a bit of trouble with some posts on here lately

I'm going to put a few details from the Claim Form and this was sent to my wife

who is only working PT 15 hrs a week and done a silly thing

and totally ignored the countless letters and countless phone calls from Lowell Portfolio

and Lowell solicitors anyway here goes.

(1) issue date on claim form 09 June 2016..

(2)The Defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account reference (Blank)for security reasons I left that out ('the Agreement')

(3)The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

(4) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/09/2014 and notice was given to the Defendant.

(5)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £1,597.56 remains due and outstanding.

And the Claimant claims

(a)The said sum of £1,597.56

(b) interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum

from the date of assignment to the date of issue,accruing at a daily rate of £0.350,

but limited to one year,being £127.80 (costs) then signed by Lowell Solicitors Limited.

on the other side I have the court Address which doesn't sound right but

COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE

4th Floor St Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Which I know we can't get too also a court phone number 0300 123 1056

Then it states The defendant has limited time

and a website to respond to claim www.moneyclaim.gov.uk with a special password.

Next in a box Amount Claimed £1725.36

Court Fee £105.00

Legal representative's costs £80.00

Total Amount £1910.36

What can I do next to help my Wife with the claim

please help it's got us really stressed out and worried

great thanks

ok can you fill this out please

so we have all the correct info to advise you correctly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes .

that link is important

please get it done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CCA To Lowell Portfolio

CPR to Lowell Solicitors

The northampton address is the bulk clearing center, if it progresses it would be transferred to your local court but thats all a way down the line.

Fill out the link that dx has posted, copy and paste it to the thread and answers in red for ease of reading.

Include the PoC in red also please

If you havent done so already go to mcol website and register

Tick defend all

Leave jurisdiction unticked

Log out

Edited by martin2006

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Name of the Claimant ?Lowell Portfolio

Date of issue – 09 June 2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

(1)The Defendant entered into a consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account reference (Blank)for security reasons I left that out ('the Agreement')

(2)The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

(3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/09/2014 and notice was given to the Defendant.

(4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £1,597.56 remains due and outstanding.

And the Claimant claims

(a)The said sum of £1,597.56

(b) interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum

from the date of assignment to the date of issue,accruing at a daily rate of £0.350,

but limited to one year,being £127.80 (costs) then signed by Lowell Solicitors Limited.

What is the value of the claim? not sure

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Credit Card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? not sure

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? can't remember

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes

Why did you cease payments? came out of work

What was the date of your last payment? not sure

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? not sure

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan? no

not sure why some of this didn't come up red as I set it to red

is MCOL www.moneyclaim.gov.uk is this what you mean and just put defend all?

I forgot to put my wife was unemployed at the time and ticked unemployed, HouseWife and still got the credit card

not sure why some of this didn't come up red as I set it to red

Done......andrew I think you need to research a little more and provide some answers to the " not sure " and " cant remember " responses....there is very little for us to go at above.

The value of the claim is £1,597.56 + court fees.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

thanks for the reply andyorch

I am only giving the information I know of and as for value you say £1,597.56 +court costs

I have two amounts on here with court costs the other is on the first post £1,725.36 +court costs of £105.00 and representative costs of £80 giving total of £1,910.36

that's why I said not sure didn't know which one to put

I can only go off what you have typed as the particulars above......as I cant see the actual claim form but ...the debt is

(a)The said sum of £1,597.56 plus costs (court fee and Sol ) the rest is speculative section 69 interest that has yet to be determined.

And a CCA to lowell portfolio i hope!

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah done that too martin

now I have update from Lowell

a letter in fact that sounds a bit nasty to me,

the letter starts off by saying they have noted the contents of the letter

and they have requested a copy of the agreement

and statements and once they have received them

they will forward them on to my wife

however this is for information only.

the next paragraph says as follows,

"Our client is not required to provide you with The Deed of Assignment

as it is a confidential agreement between out client

and the original creditor and contains personal information

which you have no reason to be privy to and will not provide to you.

No other contract or a "Deed of Novation" exists which our client is under no obligation yo provide you with.

Your account was assigned to our client from Vanquis

and a Notice of Assignment was sent to you confirming the same."

My wife doesn't recall receiving a Notice of Assignment..

I missed out the letter came this morning with a date back to June 30th 2016

that's what I thought don't even know anything about that what are they upto?

:lol: Shame .....they must think a Notice of Assignment is a Deed of Assignment

Can't wait to read their witness statement :!: