Godiva Thameslink - fare evasion - someone used my name - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a second letter from Godiva Thameslink informing me that they intend to continue with their prosecution.

The case is as followed :

‘I’ was charged with travelling without a first class ticket from Hatfield to Kings Cross (stopped at Alexandra palace) for not having a valid first class ticket.

This was absolutely not me.

I was at home catching up on work as I was to fly out two days later.

Despite me writing back and informing them, they have decided to continue with the case.

Two days ago I received a 10 page letter.

The transcript/statement from the fare manager that ‘spoke’ to me and a few pages detailing that if I plead guilty now I would receive a 33% reduction on any fine I would pay. If not I could plead guilty.

Other important things to note are that I have 7 days (now 5) to include any written transcripts of anyone who could vouch for me in written statements or who will appeal in court. I was also informed if I am to seek legal representation I need to make them aware too.

So I need help.

How do I even prove this wasn’t me? It feels like my word against theirs.

My mum was at home so I guess she could vouch for me but who’s mum wouldn’t is this even credible.

My google timeline wasn’t activated then and I don’t think I used my bank card that day.

They informed me in the letter if I’m found guilty I will have to pay for their prosecution fees, a fine and will have a criminal conviction.

I’m not going through that over something I never did. 

Help pls.

• dx100uk changed the title to Godiva Thameslink - fare evasion - someone used my name - help!

did the fare manager not ask for ID?

they usually do..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did they provide the description of the person who claimed to be you?

Mobile phone cell tower info (from your network)? Admittedly this only shows where your phone was and not where you were but it may support your submission.

The only information they have disclosed to me is one of their witnesses who will appear in court which is the fare manager and she only provided her transcript with the person. No cctv, no description. Just dates, times and locations of where i supposedly was.

They usually take a description of the suspected fare evader.

Send them a clear picture of you and tell them to confirm with the person who stopped you that it's a case of someone giving false details.

It happens all the time.

Anywhere you went that day, even at different times have cctv still available?

Office, car park, supermarket. 

You can request your images with a sar.