• Tweets

• Isas already allow you to earn tax-free interest on up to £20,000 each tax year. But under recent reforms, they are now supposed to be more flexible.View the full article
    • The NTK is pretty good at complying with the Act  as is the Notice to Driver so no help there. I seem to remember OPS getting hammered by a Judge [in brighton I think] so they seem to have tightened po their act since. The organ grinder is the MA and the monkey is OPS.
    • @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CLI/IRD Claimform - Australian Visa Fees relating to potential Employment

Ginni1062
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why ...was your wife and children also applying for work visas ?

You need to acknowledge service of the claim form by Tues 29th Sept  4.00pm ...defend all. You then have 33 days from and including the date of the claim to submit a defence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can CLI issue court claims acting as a debt collector, when they don't hold an FCA registration to conduct debt collection activity ?

I saw the image the OP added earlier and it showed that CLI had issued the court claim, saying they were assigned the debt on 20/7/20 ( think this was the date) 

If they are taking on debts under assignment, surely they need to hold FCA registrations ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Could it be argued that the foreign company providing the Visa service were providing a type of credit facility, as they were going to collect fees for their services via a future payment arrangement ?

This is what the OP stated in first post

"the deal was they paid for my visa upfront and when I got to Australia and started work I would pay them back out of my salary weekly.

I didn't even sign any contract regarding this."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Not really sure until we get to disclosure...but for any moneyclaim.....CPR 16 PD 16.

7.3 Where a claim is based upon a written agreement:

(1) a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing, 

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part16/pd_part16

So looks like they will struggle once a defence is submitted stating same.

Thanks for all this info guys.

This is all way out of my depth, but I will try and follow 🙄

No my wife wasn't going on a work visa it was all just add ons on to my visa so they adviced. 

So my first thing is to:

You need to acknowledge service of the claim form by Tues 29th Sept  4.00pm ...defend all - HOW DO I DO THIS?

You then have 33 days from and including the date of the claim to submit a defence - HOW DO I DO THIS?

Again, really appreciate all this information!! 👍👍

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time

[you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will have to submit a defence by Tues 13th Oct 4.00pm ...dont worry about this yet we can draft a defence...lets see what response you get to your CPR 31.14 request...and in the meantime.....if you could redact scan and upload all the relevant emails you have and any other documents in connection...which will assist in formulating a proposed defence.

Topic title updated and moved to Financial Legal Issues forum 

• Like 1

• AndyOrch changed the title to International Debt Collectors! (Credit Limits International LTD) Court Claim received

Here.....you must upload  in PDF format...then only members  can view.

read upload carefully please

one multipage pdf ONLY

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys,

I have submitted the AOS on MCOL.

I have started the CPR letter but where it is asking for documents mentioned in the particulars of claim, (there is none on the particulars of claim) am I deleting all 1- 6 requests and the paragraph above the 1- 6 where it states (please treat this letter as my request...).

I think the only bit that relates to me from the template would be the confirmation of acknowledgment and the under £10k paragraph as the remaining paras are about documents etc which we don't have any I don't think? 

All visa application s encompassed by the contract

Copy of signed contract with original company

deed of assignment from company to cli

Detailed account statement showing how the claimant arrived at the figure claimed

Documents in the poc might not be listed but things are implied so they must disclose written proof

and they

Hi guys,

So I have found the emails communicating between me and the employer etc. Obviously I am not going to send all communications as majority of it isn't necessary. Do you want me to just screen shot the important bits and forward obviously removing names etc

Cheers

Which you keep to yourself....

the claimant can only rely upon what they disclose

and they

Sorry, I mean send/upload to here for help with the defence.

Also I have the immigration agents contract that clearly states the sponsor is 100% responsible for the invoice. Shall I just take screen shots of these important bits and upload to get a defence.

I will just upload the full contracts (names etc edited) tomorrow.

I have the company contract which is the job offer that mentions nothing about paying the money back.

I also have the immigration agents contract that states the sponsor: (Oz company) is 100% responsible for the fees. 

I do have an email from a member of the Oz company stating that the agreed amount will be paid back monthly till it's settled. ( I can't find the email where it says out of my weekly salary) but here I haven't signed anything. 

DONGARA MARINE PTY LTD

Is this the name of the sponsor company ?

You have documents showing you entered into agreement for them to become responsible for costs, which would be paid back later via your wages ?

Is there anything stated about what happens, if you could not start your employment ?

• Like 1

Yes they are the sponsor company.

I do have the contract from the immigration agents stating that the sponsor (Dongara Marine) are 100% responsible for the costs.

I can't seem to find the email where it states out of my salary, it just says of I can't afford the visa payment then they will pay it up front and I pay it back monthly. (No start date etc though on the email) - also I haven't signed anything this was just an acknowledgement in reply to an email. 

There is nothing stating if I don't pay it back either anywhere 

It may help to add PDF copies of emails, employment contract offers etc, where anything about visa or costs related to this pre-employmemt help, is stated. 

I think it is clear from the visa options document that the employer offered to pay the costs and there would be a need to repay the amount. They just don't go state what happens, if you could not start the employment. 

Others on here are more aware of legal matters and hopefully they will comment further in due course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can you expand and open the unpaid invoice....take a screen shot and redact and upload a copy here.

Can you also upload a copy of the Notice of Assignment.

Andy