CLI/IRD Claimform - Australian Visa Fees relating to potential Employment

Ginni1062
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi @Andyorch

I am just finalising everything, do I need to put all my witness statements together as a pack now or just submit my third witness statement and the following:

- Cover letter with a list of Exhibits (only for third witness statement)

- Cover letter for my absence

TIA

Here is my Absence letter:

Hearing Absence

Please accept my apologises but I will be unable attend the planned court hearing on the 16th February 2022.  Unfortunately, I will be out of the country on that date due to a pre-booked family holiday.  This was already planned prior to the scheduled hearing.

On 21/01/2022 at 17:26, Ginni1062 said:

Hi @Andyorch

I am just finalising everything, do I need to put all my witness statements together as a pack now or just submit my third witness statement and the following:

- Cover letter with a list of Exhibits (only for third witness statement)

- Cover letter for my absence

TIA

Just your third and final statement

With regards to none attendance your attached cover letter should read as follows.....

Use headers as per your WS claim number etc

None attendance at the hearing dated 16th February 2022

Pursuant to CPR 27.9 a I hereby give notice that I will not be in attendance for the the above final hearing. Notice has been served on the Claimant pursuant to CPR 27.9 b. It is respectfully requested the court decide the outcome in my absence.

Sign/ date

You must give notice to the court and the claimant not less than 7 days.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Without actually seeing your final draft you have marked it with " see exhibit x " etc were required ?

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes as long as the exhibit is numbered and indexed on your cover index page

• Like 1

Hi, I have sent everything to the courts, just checking what I need to send to CLI, do I just send them my third witness statement along with exhibits or shall I also send them the index of exhibits and my none attendance cover letter?

TIA

Pursuant to CPR 27.9 a I hereby give notice that I will not be in attendance for the the above final hearing. Notice has been served on the Claimant pursuant to CPR 27.9 b. It is respectfully requested the court decide the outcome in my absence.

Everything to claimants solicitor also.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

so the court date was yesterday and I returned home from my holiday late last night. I’m not sure of the outcome, so just checking how I go about finding out? Will I receive something in the post?

TIA

Ginni

Yes or ring your local county court.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have just had my outcome letter and it is ordered that I pay the total sum of £9339.94 to the claimant but next week. 

how the hell do I do this 🙄😭

Obviously I don’t have this kind of money so what do I do? What’s my options etc 😭😭

Oh dear wasn't expecting that...and we wont know why because you didn't attend.

Now submit an N245 (< click) to vary the forthwith payment (it is forthwith payment I assume?)  complete the I & E and make an affordable offer of monthly payment..the fee for the N245 is £14.

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy, 

I know, I’m gutted to be honest. Also I’ve had another look at the figures and they have included a fee of £1000 for my skills assessment which I paid for myself and I have proof of this from my bank statements and emails etc. What can I do about this? 🙄

Ginni

Are you sure the judgment amount can only be what's on the claim form + Issuance fee + sol fee + interest (if charged 8%)

Scan redact and upload a copy of the Notice of Judgment please.

• Like 1

The court have ordered the amount CLI have claimed for plus 3% plus court cost but the amount that CLI have claimed they have included the cost of my skills assessment along with my visa application but I paid separately for the skills assessment etc which were like £1000

1.THE CLAIMANTS CLAIM IS FOR PROFESSIONAL CHARGES FOR A VISA APPLICATION CARRIED OUT BY THE FORMER CREDITOR DONGARA MARINE PTY LTD.

2.BY A DEED OF ASSIGNMENT DATED 21ST JULY 2020 THE CLAIM WAS ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT

3.THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS INTEREST UNDER SECTION 69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT THE RATE OF 8% A YEAR FROM 26/03/2019 TO 10/09/2020 ON £8,046.45 AND ALSO INTEREST AT THE SAME RATE UP TO THE DATE OF JUDGEMENT OR EARLIER PAYMENT AT A DAILY RATE OF £1.76.

What is the total value of the claim? £9398.21

it is ordered that I pay the total sum of £9339.94 

If you could scan redact and upload a copy of the Notice of Judgment please.

• Like 1

Thanks Ginni...well I always tend to get a bit twitchy when I keep seeing the words of " on the balance of probabilities " an easy get out when matters are not considered thoroughly and is easier to side with one argument rather than question the opposing.

With regards to the skills assessment if you are sure and I don't really have time to check that that amount has been charged within the judgment amount then obviously you need to  address this.

Addressing a judgment amount and wishing to challenge can be tricky but there is set process by way of CPR 40.12 this will involve an application n244 without notice (fee £108.00) and must be submitted within 7 days of the date of judgment.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part40#40.12

Andy

• Like 1

I thought exactly the same when I read that bit. I needed to be there to stand a chance and fight my corner but I suppose there is nothing I can do now. I will just fill out the N245 and take it from there 🙄

Thanks Andy.

Notice of Judgment is dated 16th Feb...Payment by 16th Mar.....hope you have only just received this ? Any application must be filed by 7 days of Notice of Judgment.

• Like 1