Caught shoplifting primark, took a photo of me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I got caught shoplifting at Primark.

Obviously very much regret this and will never happen again.

No police was involved, they told me I would receive a fine and took a photo of me alongside other details.

I am just wondering what they do with this photo.

Do they share it with other stores in the mall?

Because I have shoplifted from other stores in the mall before but never been caught so what if they recognize me?

Very scared but take full accountability for my actions.

Thank you

• dx100uk changed the title to Caught shoplifting primark, took a photo of me

hope they didn't use the word fine?

there is nothing they or anyone can do to you.

just ignore everything esp RLP letters.

pers i'd go see your doctor

get this habit stopped.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

never heard of it sg

police wont now be involved

and no they dont circulate stuff 

too many rules to be broken there by gdpr and data protection

same with wasting time on cctv

takes too many man hours for no gain

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says - it is not a fine. Ignore any mail from RLP. It is a speculative invoice and they rely on people's fears and lack of knowledge of their rights and hope they pay up. 

As far as the photograph goes - yes they can share it, but they can not display it.

Most stores are members of retail crime partnerships and initiatives - this allows for the sharing of intelligence and information (including photographs). This is also allowed under Data Protection Act and GDPR as it’s for the purpose of the detection and prevention of crime.

I take photographs of every shoplifter I arrest (unless they are under 16), and their details get passed to the county retail crime initiative - this gets shared with every retailer in the county.

If it is a particularly high value theft, aggravating circumstances (violence, drugs etc), or the same person has been reported more than once, the retail crime initiative sends out monthly bulletins with ‘targets’ - photos and details. 

In short, they were within their right to take a photo of you, but as long as this was a one time thing - nothing will ever come of it. 

LPG

Ahh okay makes sense. I am just concerned because what if I was suspected of shoplifting before but not caught, and with the picture now being shared, they would be able to identify me? I can't express my regret over this but the guilt and shame is overpowering right now

wont make any difference to what went before. Yu are on CCTV every 20 secs in this country so it is only the joining of the dots that the local schemes allow and they are limited in what they can do. if you were a persistent offender they may ban you from all of the participating stores.

Keep out of trouble and you will soon be forgotten about

DX, your statement is grossly incorrect and sounds like you encourage shoplifting even though I know you don't mean it.

Saying: "there is nothing they or anyone can do to you" is the wrong message.

It should read: "there is nothing they or anyone can do to you IN THIS INSTANCE" because the op has been let off, but let's not forget that shoplifting is theft.

Shoplifters are criminals and should not be condoned by anyone in this forum or elsewhere. 

If we keep on saying that shoplifters will not be accountable for their actions we risk a misunderstanding that may cost someone very dearly.

SHOPLIFTING IS THEFT.

Let's get this clear.

You can be locked up for theft, so don't do it thinking that most retailers will simply pass your details to rlp.

If one retailer's agent decides to detain you they will be within their rights to do so, anyone can, until a police officer attends.

If you by bad luck get a keen police officer, you will be arrested and charged with theft.

Most likely if you get done more than once you will end up inside, and believe me you don't want to be in there.

So, to summarise,  there's a lot that can be done if you steal (shoplift).

This user  king12345 has received a warning for this post on the basis that it is extremely unhelpful and makes no positive contribution at all to this discussion.

king12345 is also been barred from accessing the sub- forums which are related to this subject

we are not here to judge

and neither are you one.

shoplifters are not necessarily criminals. .they are human beings and should be treated as such and given the correct advice for the situation they relate here.

police are only ever interested in habitual offenders or those involving large sums of retail theft

and you wont hear about those here.

nowhere is there advice on cag condoning their actions.. but, truthful, honest, non judgemental ,...............advice.

time to wind your neck in a bit eh?

and they

p'haps for serious serial offenders king yes.

but we don't see those here, the system, as you point too, deals with them correctly.

those that come here typically only do so after one offs or being caught after previous undetected incidents then worry about 'the whole picture' should it be discovered.

in these instances its a cry for help as well advice on what might happen.

that cry for help results in advice that p'haps their doctor is best contacted, it's not necessarily a mental health issue.

it is wrong to blanket label such humans  as 'criminals' ...better to help.

part of that help is to also be realistic and truthful 

"there is nothing they or anyone can do to you" is not the wrong message.

it is also not grossly incorrect nor condoning their act 

it's relieving unnecessary issues and allowing people to concentrate on doing what they need too to help themselves.

dx

and they