Credit Corp chasing aus debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

can we possibly have some advice about how to go about repaying an australian debt please.

We have both a credit card and bank loan.

At the moment the credit card has been sold to Credit Corp who have contacted us.

We had to get back to the UK quick as my husbands job was affecting his health badly and our little boy who has his own struggles was not coping at all.

no excuses, we borrowed to get home... those are just the reasons... 

We are just starting to get on our feet now after being totally on the bones since returning to the uk, we are both working part time, although we dont have much disposable income we dont want to just pray this disappears so would really like help tackling it.

We can pay this debt and dont want it to affect our uk credit as we are beginning to repair it and trying our very best to stop this vicious circle.

What we dont want to do, nor are we able to do... is pay the original monthly repayment amounts, or the $5 per day interest that Credit Corp state is being added.

We also would like to avoid paying transfer fees to australia if we can. 

If we cant avoid these issues then thats fair enough, but ideally we want to try and sort this without too much added fees etc.

Is anyone able to help please?

Thank you 

Won't affect your UK credit file

Send them your current UK address in writing, to protect you against any (highly unlikely) attempt to take you to court. 

Then don't pay them anything, and ignore them in every way, I mean phone calls, texts, letters , everything.  Unless it's a  PAP letter before Action.  Then you can run it past here.

Never, ever, ever speak to them by phone!  

This really isn't worth you worrying about.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unfortunately they called my husbands place of work so it would be highly embarrassing if they keep that up.

He's hoping to set up a CIC in the future and we worry incase it affects that too.

Thank you 

Best to stay off Linked In etc.

Ignore them! 

It will not have any bearing on your UK credit, at all.

As above, just make sure they have your UK address, sent in writing, with proof of delivery. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No they probably won't,

Only way to stop it is to ignore them.

I would just tell the receptionist to screen any calls coming to me, if I was him. Tell the receptionist that they are a persistent cold caller, and you don't want to speak to them.

Who listens to messages nowadays anyway.

If any one asks just tell them it's an irritating cold caller.

I'm sure,

Nothing anyone can do from abroad to affect your UK credit rating, I know from experience, plus all the hundreds of threads on here.  

Your husband shouldn't update Linked In etc when he starts his new job.

DO you have any UK defaults or CCJ's?

Edited by London1971

Yes we do, some are coming up SB, some already SB...and one CCJ which was registered whilst out of UK... been told we might be able to try and defend it but we dont really have the spare £200 odd to apply to court to try and get it removed. I dont think theyd give us the discount off the charge with us both working.

Great,

Just make sure every single one has your current address in writing.  I mean today, quick.  You can use free proof of posting at the post office.  Likelihood is, that you are home and dry on the defaults, but just in case anyone tries to chance court, you will at least be able to defend.

How much, Approx is the CCJ for?

In your situation I have always waited until they contact me,  (when I have had a CCJ).    On one occasion it took 2 years, on another, nobody ever bothered, and it's long past 6 years now. 

If / When they contact you, you could always set up an affordable monthly payment, I am paying one off at 50 pounds per month, and it's only got another 5 months left to run now. Or you could call them now to set it up.  I suggested waiting for them  because your financial situation might have improved by then.  It's also only a relatively small amount, 50 ppm would kill it in 2.5 years.

It's also worth noting that paying off a CCJ makes very little difference to your ability to get credit.  How old is it now?  By the time it's 3 years old, a CCJ for that amount is hardly going to be any hassle at all, even if unpaid.

Correct, they only show for 6 years on your credit report, although it will still exist allbeit invisible to lenders. After 6 years it becomes incredibly difficult, and rare for a creditor to enforce.

But from a credit point of view, for example applying for a mortgage, the CCJ already being 2 years old there will be some lenders available, (at a higher interest rate).  In a year, when hopefully some of your other defaults have disappeared off your file, and the CCJ is on it's 3rd Birthday, things will be even better for you.

Providing you have steadied the ship, and don't accumulate anymore debts, in 4 years time, none of this will matter anymore, you will be able to walk into a High street bank and apply for a mortgage like anybody else.

I also would get a very, very low limit credit card, pay it off immediately, buy all your petrol on it for example.  This is an excellent way to rebuild your credit

2 minutes ago, jboyd83 said:

Credit Corp have emailed, so is it worth simply emailing them his address?

No Way!

Ignore!

In writing only, you need a paper trail, and email is just another way for them to harrass you.

We had to get finance for a car but it will be repaid by end of next year, so hoping that will help.

Thank you so much for your help, and lack of judgement. We are really grateful. 

No worries, can always ask questions here,

Aussie debt really is the least of your worries though.

In fact providing you send a change of address to all of your UK Creditors, also you really don't have any other worries.

• Thanks 1

just for ref

its VERY easy and free to go BK in AUS

you can do it over the internet

the info is on another aus debt thread here already.

there is really stuff and all they can do to you.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Credit Corp aus debts

And would that mean they would have to cease all contact/chasing?

Would it have any affect on us entering Australia at a later date would you know?

And would it prevent my husband becoming Director of a Company in the UK? (it states it would in Aus)

Thanks again

Edited by jboyd83
Add

ofcourse

doesn't effect anything

BK is not a crime

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...