A&L/MBNA debt with Link

tierisch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tierish

I would hassle Link over the CCA request. If it is longer than 12 days the account is formally in dispute and the may not enforce it (s78(6) of the CCA 1974). If it is longer than a month after the 12 days expired, they have committed an offence under the same section of the Act. I would include the relevant bits of this information in the letter. Add that, as you are reclaiming unlawful charges from MBNA, you dispute the amount of the debt as well.

Secondly, press ahead recaliming the charges from MBNA.

Thanks again for your help.

Going ahead with reclaiming from MBNA (with some pleasure i have to add!!).

As for Link is there a template letter to send them as they are way over the month (never mind the 12 days)? In the meantime i have made any payments as far as i understand the debt is unenforceable?

Cheers

Tierisch

What about this:

Account in Dispute

Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sirs

On date I sent you a request for a copy of the executed agreement for the above account pursuant to s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You have not replied to this request within the statutory period and therefore, under s78(6) of the Act, you may not enforce any agreement you may suppose to exist between us. That means, you may not

1) request payment on the account

2) add any charges or interest to the account

3) communicate any details regarding the account to any third parties. This inludes but is not limited to Credit Reference Agencies.

Further, since more than one month has elapsed after the end of the statutory period, you have committed a summary offence under s78(6) of the Act. I will be making this fact known to the OFT and my local Trading Standards Office. Should you commence court proceedings against me, I will also make this fact known to the court and use the fact that you have not provided a copy of an executable agreement as my defence.

I trust this makes my position clear. If you do not understand any part of this letter, you should take advice from a qualified solicitor.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Link have finally sent me some documents but way over the 12 day/month limit. The photocopy is of a card application form.

I did send the letter suggested below but any advice of next step re link?

Must admit i havent sent letters to OFT and TS but will do this week!

Cheers

Tierisch

Tierisch

Obviously a photocopy of an application form does not constitute a copy of an executed agreement. I have had a quick look through the thread and I am not sure exactly what you want out of all this. Can you tell us what you are hoping to achieve so we can best advise you.

Hi Steven

Thanks - might sound a bit daft but not sure really. I was paying small amounts to MBNA (after help from CAB) regarding the debt i had with them. Its just what the situation is with link now...presumably they can pursue the (presumed) debt as they havent furnished a CA nor answered within the statuatory limits. Is it therefore sensible to write to them stating they have not furnished a CA etc etc?

The problem is that, as you have been paying small amounts, you have effectively agreed that you have the debt (you have acknowledged the debt). If Link were haselling you, this would be a good lever to get them to stop. Otherwise, I am not sure what else you could gain. Are there penalty charges (late payment charges, in particular)? If, so you could recalim them.

Hi, can you post up a copy of the alleged agreement with your personal details erased? If it is unenforceable you can refuse to pay them any more money - it doesn't matter that you have paid them up till now as you were not aware that they did not have the right to collect the money from you.:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Obviously, we cannot condone the avoidance of a genuine debt. On the other hand we can clobber MBNA as hard as you like for any of their debt collaction practices that do not comply with the OFT guidelines or with the law.

• 1 month later...

Been doing the rounds with Link over the last six months and eventually reported them to Walsall TS and the OFT. Couple of queries if anyone can help:

1. Which part of the CCA (or otherwise) refers to the 12 day deadline for a response

2. Has anyone else reported link to their TS as Lambeth evidently have not had any complaints about the company

Thanks

Tierisch

Would welcome some advice: 

Took out Alliance & Leicester/MBNA credit card 2005

Defaulted 2008 and sold to Link

CCAd them in 2009 (file attached)

Paid A&L for a number of years but for a few have been paying £1 each month -  yep i know!

Nothing on credit files

Is the agreement enforcable/unenforceable and advice on next steps - i also have to notify them of different address

Thanks

Tierisch

Scan2.pdf

old and new threads merged

is that from 2009 CCA return?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

send plink a new CCA request

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

brill

ball not in your court now

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hello....Link sent documents pdf of which is attached. There is someone else's name in the middle of the one page - no idea who that is. Be grateful of your thoughts on the document. 

In addition Link have written that i am overdue a token payment (which i stopped a couple of months ag) and want me to pay it or the balance.

Be grateful for any advice and thanks

Tierisch

CCA Oct 19.pdf

wasn't enforceable in 2009 not now either.

you should have stopped in 2009 would have been statute barred by now.

dx

and they