• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A&L/MBNA debt with Link

tierisch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....bit of help please

Acummulated a load of credit card debt for which i owe about 18k to MBNA.

Over the months have had my fair share of harrassment from them and still do....in fact have experienced everything that others on here have experienced.

CAB are now dealing with them, and others, on my behalf although MBNA keep phoning and saying they haven't received the letters from CAB (strange when everyone else has).

thanks to the helpful posts from here i am winging them one of 'the dont contact me by phone' letters.

Even though a DMP isnt in operation yet (because they say they havent got the letter and SOA) is it worth trying to claim back charges etc.

I have been with MBNA for a long time so isnt there also some issue about agreements as well?

Any advice would be really welcome - they really are the most obnoxious company ever (apart from the so called ethical Co-Op who are less than ethical)

Thanks

Tierisch

Hi Tierish.

Yes, you are right, there are lot of people on this site who have not been able to get a copy of their original agreements, particularly people who have had accounts with MBNA for some time.

First things first though. Have you sent a SAR off to MBNA? If you havent already done so, then make sure you send off a copy of your ID in it too, also dont forget to send it recorded. Adapt the SAR letter to mention that you have included a copy of your ID

By the time you add interest (at the rate they are charging you) to the charges these little darlings have added to your account, then you will surely see your debt reducing considerably.

Also, as your account is so old it will be interesting to send them a CCA, again send it recorded.

My bet is that they will not have it, which seems to make the process a little simpler in many cases.

You are right, MBNA can be totally obnoxious, but armed with information you can play them at their own game!

Good luck and keep us posted xx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hello and welcome

MBNA are the worst, because they could not tell the true to save themselves. I have found that to my advantage.

I sent a ca request on the 11th April and put the account into dispute, they sold the debt on the 23rd April. They have stated in their last letter that they never received the ca request. But I have postage proof and they cashed the bl++dy cheque on the 20th April. They are so stupid

Their latest ploy is to send you a template credit agreement which is relevant to the new £12 fees, it has no name or details relevant to you, whatsoever. Now I am am aware under the ca section 77 they can omit signature, but they are going a bit to far with this one. I might send it back to them and state that they owe me all the contractual interest on this account.

My advise to you is to be very careful what you put in your letters, refer to the alleged debt at all times.

Do not expect them to be in any way, shape or form, truthful and just because they state it does not mean it is the truth.:lol:

Welcome on board the MBNA fight forum your journey will certainly be not boring and thoroughly educating in their underhanded tactics.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi and many thanks for your advice

I recited the 'harrassment phrases' i found on here and suddenly the phone calls have stopped. Perhaps lulling me into false sense of security but it is certainly peaceful now!!

Got nothing to lose even though owe them money so going to see if i can reduce the debt somewhat. What is the thing with the CCA?

Cheers

Tierisch

A CCA or section 77-79 request is where you can request a copy of your original credit agreement, for a payment of £1 the creditor has to supply you with your original agreement, any other document referred to in it and a statement of account. If and when you receive a copy(within a strict timescale) you can check the validity of the agreement.

Guidelines - Requests For An Original Agreement Under The Consumer Credit Act 1974

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

tierisch,

after 8 months mbna have only located one of my 4 agreements and the one they located wasn't worth locating as it is nothing but an application form with my details on it - it is missing essential information known as 'prescribed terms' and as such there is no valid agreement between us which means I spent their money but we do not have a valid agreement as to how much or when if ever I would repay it.

which is not a nice position for them to be in....

My advice to you would be get CCA'ing!

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have just been informed by MBNA that they have sold balance to Link Financial who i gather from the forums are a pretty agressive bunch. There is loads of advice on here but so much to wade through so can anyone give me a noddy guide of what to do next. I havent claimed back charges etc from MBNA but am going to now.

Should i send a CCA request to Link and MBNA and how does this make any difference?

Grateful for any tips or advice....not the only creditor though!

Thanks

Tierisch

Hey tierisch.. I have been dealing with Link Financial since May this year I have found that they are pretty weak once you show them you mean business and know what you are talking about. In my case they have certainly backed off for the most part.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Tierisch,

The letter from MBNA did they give correct account number in the letter they sent regarding the sale of the debt to Link-Financial.

It appears that the common practice for MBNA is to issue a random number.

If this is the case Link-Financial have no grounds to ask you for payment, and in any case if Link-Financial are unable to supply copy of original Agreement the debt is unenforcable until such time as a copy is produced.

I suggest you CCA Link-Financial not MBNA as MBNA will comply if the debt is post 2002.

MBNA also on sale of accounts to DCA usually delete customer records so this can make it very hard for Link to obtain copies of origional doc`s.

Regards

Cashin

Cashin

The letter from MBNA informing me they had sold on the debt had a different account number. I did ring them to clarify and was told it was an old account number??? However the letter from Link does have the correct account number on (unfortunately).

Sending the CCA to Link today so will wait and see what happens with them

In the meantime have sent SAR to MBNA to see if i can start grabbing some charges back especially after the hassle they gave me!

Thanks for all your help

Tierisch

Tierisch,

Ok... I am guessing not on this one, have MBNA issued a Default Notice??

If the answer is no then also request it when you send the CCA.

Link will then go quiet for a while a suspect.

Do not contact Link by phone only written communication.

Time scales for CCA 12+2 working days then one calender month.

No response after this Link are in default and can only enforce the debt through the Courts whereby they will have to produce the ORIGINAL Agreement.

Should no agreement be produced then the debt is not enforceable.

This is very important if you are a homeowner.

Regards Cashin

MBNA are pretty bad at keeping copies of agreements:D Good luck

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

:D - I suppose the fact that they rang my neighbours kind of confirms that.

I was a very happy bunny the day the letter arrived saying they couldn't find my CCA and I would never hear from them again. Deserved it 100%

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

The issue regarding the change of account numbers when passed to Link is something i have raised back in July with MBNA. A reply from Gail Powell, Vice President, in part was that:

I would also like the clarify the issue of the unrecognised account numbers. When an account is sold, we automatically create a new account number for the agents purchasing the debt. The account numbers given on the letters sent confirming sale of the debt relate to the original account numbers as follows:

Account number xxxxxxx is related to account xxxxxxx

Account number xxxxxxx is related to account xxxxxxx

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Why would you want to send a CCA to MBNA when the debt has been sold and they are no longer responsible?
Because, under the CCA, they are still responsible for the credit agreement. They only sold the debt, notteh agreement.

• 2 months later...

An update and a what do i do (if anything next).....Sent Link a CCA request ages ago and have had heard nothing from them which presumably means the debt is unenforceable.

In the meantime i havent paid anything to either Link or MBNA.

Have SARd MBNA to claim back charges and they have sent the info so will be going ahead with that.

Any thoughts on what i need to do next, if anything?

Cheers

Tierisch