You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• the 5.1 is better for that solo from jeff   if you go that way again get pictures of all the signs inc the small print where they are  and the machine ones. and the view from the public road 
    • Hi dx100uk,    OK will do, I'll wait for that possible stage to come and keep this updated when I can.   I didn't buy a parking ticket.   Kal   ...       Way off topic but I love your profile pic, gonna listen now and allow Jeff Beck to send shivers down my spine in his epic WGW P3 solo ✌️    
    • Apologies, misunderstanding on my part. I was thinking of a shop called Cotswold. Please ignore me.   HB
    • 1st Draft - reviewed several statements    I was a bit unsure about adding more about the section 78, although they took a very long time the did provide the CCA - any help appreciated    In The *******County Court Claim No. ********* Between **********Claimant and *************** Defendant     I am the defendant in this case and make this Witness statement in support of my defence in this claim. The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.   1. It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed ...10p to 15p in the £1 and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. Idem Capital securities issue claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit.    2. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchase’s debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   3. It is accepted that I have in the past had financial dealings with HBOS. That being a Credit card Agreement.   4. After seeking advice this led me to check all paperwork I held with creditors, from this I could not find any Credit Agreement relating to the account the claimant is referring to.   6. I therefore sought clarification and requested copies of the agreements from the claimant by way of a section 78 request for the alleged amount.    7. A Letter before claim pursuant to Pre Action Protocol was issued by the claimant 06/09/2019. I made a request for the following documents:   ·         A copy of the Default Notice ·         A copy of the Notice of assignment ·         A complete set of statements detailing exactly how the debt has accrued detailing ·         All transactions ·        Any additional charges applied since the account was terminated ·         A statement  of all payments received.   The claimant to date has failed to comply completely with my request and has not provided me with the required Default Notice.      8 .On the 13/11/19 the claimant issued a claim form through the county court business centre. On receipt of the claim form I made a CPR 31.14 request.    9. A CPR 31.14 request was sent 25/11/2019 via Royal Mail signed for and shows as received 27/11/19. A Request for the following documents was made:   ·            Default Notice ·            Full statement of account     The claimant to date has failed to comply and disclose the default notice.   Conclusion   To date no Default Notice has been produced.    The claimant has still yet to comply with my CPR 31.14 request with regard to clarity of any valid default notice issued, as yet I have never received an original or seen a copy of a valid default notice from the claimant.   Arbitration confirmed that the claimant could not produce the Default notice document    Therefore for the above reasons the claim bought by the claimant is without merit and an abuse of the court process. It would be far more gracious and forthright for the claimant to admit that they do not have possession of the correct valid paperwork and this is an attempt to convince the court that the claimant can disclose the legal valid documents on which its claim relies on.   Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a Default Notice they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 87 (1) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974.    I **********, the defendant, believe that the facts stated in the witness statement are true.     Signed…………………………. Dated……………………………
    • time for an sar first make sure you read all the posts in the sar link too.   dx  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
just_jue

MOT Retest not done but car passed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 336 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

On Saturday our car failed the MOT because it needed both CV boots changed.

These were changed yesterday at a different garage. 

So had to go back today for the retest, as it was just a retest I sat outside the garage not more than 6ft from my car.

An hour later no one had come from the workshop to get the car so went back into the dealership asking when it was going to be done only to be informed that he had checked it over!

I said that is not possible as I have been sitting outside ever since I arrived and the car hasn't moved, nobody from the workshop would come down and explain what had happened.

I've got a MOT but I am sure everything has been done, but the nearest dealership is nearly an hours drive away.

Someone must have looked under the car, seen new boots and issued the mot.

Standard for a retest.

They don't do the entire mot again.

Hi, yes they should of but no one even walked up to my car, so they wouldn't have been able to see the work that has been done 

Are you sure that a skinny teenager didn't crawl under the car undetected by you?

Anyhow,  you got the work done and the MOT, what else you need?