Mariano

PCN - Reading - Watlington Street

Hi guys,

I got a PCN for parking in Watlington street in Reading. There was a post with two plates on it. Apparently I wasn't supposed to park on the left side of it, which I obviously did. I parked there on Sunday between around 11:15-12:00.

It was really confusing, as on the right hand side of the post I could see the remanings of double yellow lines. I thought left side is a 'safer' option. 

I have attached the photos. My car is Honda Civic on the far left.

Is it worth appealing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marcin

20190804_120839.jpg

20190804_120800 (2).jpg

20190804_120838.jpg

20190804_120800.jpg

20190806_225254.jpg

Can't see any grounds for appeal.

Yes, left and right pointing arrows on the relevant sign would have made it crystal clear, but logically you cannot have a bay that is permit holders only and yet allows non-permit holders to park there too.

Thank you Michael. I agree - logically the situation is clear. If only I have looked properly at those plates...

Anyways, the reason I asked for advice is the below thread. I could see the pictures of similar signage and people reporting successful appeal. The thread is quite old though. Anything changed in law or what is the difference in my situation that I have no grounds for appeal?

Thank you

Appeal! You have nothing to lose. Just write a calm, polite letter explaining you mis-read it, and suggesting the signs should have arrows for clarity. Mention you could have parked freely to the right of the sign - so there was no intent to defraud or exploit the rules. Very sorry, won't do it again etc etc.

There is a chance they will cancel it for you.

• Like 1