• Tweets

• Just to clarify then, should the reason I am disputing the debt be that they have not supplied all the relevant paperwork (CCA) and the debt is therefore unenforcable?
    • https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406231-the-pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims-is-made-by-the-master-of-the-rolls-as-head-of-civil-justice-1st-oct-2017/#comment-5145126  
    • Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a PAP form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the PAP thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CEL PCN Claimform - Tenerife Buildings, Station Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle NE3 1QD *** Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

slow down stop panicking

you are a litigant in person..that gives you certain leeway...a day or 2 late won't hurt you..better to get it at it's best.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, I've had a good read through your final draft.  It looks damn good to me and you should be feeling very confident - you've successfully attacked CEL's claim on multiple fronts.

I'm afraid the POFA is not one of my strong points and maybe you should wait for Ericsbrother to pop in and okay that part.  Nothing will change if you send it off one day late tomorrow morning.  As dx says, you're a LiP and the court will be flexible with you.  Also CEL who are supposedly experts in the field (ho! ho!) still haven't managed to get off their dishonest backsides and do their WS.

BTW, have you looked up who the landowner is?  "Medburn Estates" are shown on the bit of bog paper CEL sent, but I bet they're some sort of property agent and not the landowner.  If you still have time, look into this.

Also, in post 84, dx suggested looking at the original planning permission as it is highly unlikely the council agreed to a 20-minute limit.  Did you look into this?

Your WS is still excellent, just thinking of adding even more ammo if time permits.   

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Cheers guys, appreciate the positivity right now.

All valid points @FTMDave cheers.

Pretty certain unfortunately that "Medburn Estates" are the landowner,

my wife bought the attached from Land Registry a few months ago.

Waiting on the planning officer to get back to me re. looking at the original planning permission.

Found this with relation to the buildings going up but no detail so hope he can provide it form e: 

https://portal.newcastle.gov.uk/planning/index.html?fa=getApplication&id=16184 

but struggled to find anything about general policy around commercial land and parking permissions. 

Will keep researching!

RegisterTY79684.pdf

WS is OK,

I would have tried to say why the sign at entrance is an invitation to treat and that the small signs would be the contract but you dont need to consider them as the bare licence to park existed by that point.

same with the 20 mins max stay not offering anything extra, see if you can find examples from other court reports to take with you to help illustarte these points ( shouldnt need them but better to ahve than to not have)

also talk abotu the lack of any indication as to what patches of land CEL have so called management rights over as their is no contiguous land that is obviously belonging to one landlord.

As for planning, CEL should have applied for PP for their cameras and signs under 2 pieces of legislation.

The are not exempt as they arent CCTV attached to a building and nor are the signs informational, they are advertisements of a unilateral contact ( well supposed to be)

Take copies of POFA with you as well so you can quiote the relevant paragraphs you refer to in point 13.

It is an absolute and the judgement of DDJ Harvey at Lewes has confirmed there are limits to costs that would apply IF the driver  was the defendant and the additioanl costs were specifically mentioned in the contract.

Looking at the accounts of Melbourn Estates it looks like they have a lease on the property and not the freehold

( they could own the freehold and lease it out but their income and assets doesnt reflect that)

so who signed the contract on behalf of the landowner?

Can we see the signatures when you get sight of this from CEL

Just to let everyone know that ive submitted all of the paperwork and so please dont spend anytime reviewing any documents as i dont want to waste anyones time. I did think of leaving it and working on it more this eve but i mustve racked up over 25 hours on this now and its causing my already-in-a-state wife far more stress than i can put on her.

Hopefully they were ok (still havent received CELs WS so hopefully thats a good sign) and ill keep you updated. Fingers are firmly crossed. Than you for all of your help, wisdom and encouragement over the last few days too.

@ericsbrother ill review your feedback as i imagine therell be useful things in there if it goes to court.

Enjoy the sunny weekend everyone, cheers

LLH

it will be having paperwork to show firm examples of your argument.

In an ideal world these go in your bundle

but if you take copies on the day to hand out you will usually be allowed as they arent actually part of your WS, j

ust save the courts time having to look up stuff ( judges dont like having to do this, after all that si the litigants job other than arguments over points of law)

Info about Melbourn Estates is not somehting to get bogged down on other than to see who signed off the contact as they have only 2 employees, the 2 directors who are married to each other.

Seeing the sig will help us determine if Ashley Cohen is playing one of his fantasy games where he pretends to work for the Co-Op or is a solicitor and so forth.

I recognise his moniker even when he tries to disguise it

• 2 months later...

Just to update you all (and so sorry it has taken me an age to get back on here) - we received a letter from CEL to say they weren't pursuing this case due to 'the current situation' 😂 and they dropped it back in May! Woohoo!

Huge huge thank you to everyone for your help and patience with this - my husband and I really appreciated it! We definitely wouldn't have carried it on to the extent that we did without the support and encouragement from you.  

Keep fighting the good fight 😀

La Luna 

Well done on your victory!  👏

Just to be absolutely sure, give the court a ring to check the case has been discontinued.  CEL are well known for using every dirty trick possible.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• FTMDave changed the title to CEL PCN Claimform - Tenerife Buildings, Station Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle NE3 1QD ***DISCONTINUED***

Topic title updated...

Keep fighting the good fight

Please consider making a donation to help us continue doing that for others.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to CEL PCN Claimform - Tenerife Buildings, Station Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle NE3 1QD *** Claim Discontinued***

They would have been very silly to have tried to argue any case after your WS Well Done You😁

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

:yo:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can ask the court for your costs under the unreasonable behaviour protocol.

A simple letter to the court asking for 5 hours of litigant in person research costs @£19.50 per hour ad whatever it cost you to copy paperwork etc. Ask for this under CPR 27.14.2(g)

The worst that can happen is that your request is ignored so worth the price of a stamp.

You also have a case for suing CEL for breach of the GDPR ( several things they got wrong).

Write to tham and and ask for £500 damages under Vihal Hall v Google and VCS v Phillip and then you have another 6 years to think about whether to sue them or not.

again, just the price of a stamp and you don't have to carry on if you dont want to but parking co's have been known to pay out to avoid court again and a proper costs order inc damages. A solicitor sued and got £1500

That's a brilliant idea and definitely worth the trouble.

Parking companies should be held accountable for their frivolous claims.

I know only too well how much time and effort goes into defending them, especially when you have no relevant experience and are starting from scratch.

Even if they decide to withdraw, there's still been massive disruption in your life.

Go for it!!

The more people who go after the ppC after spanking them in court with the GDPR is a good way to eventually kill their pig completely.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!