virgin media increase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

iv been a customer of virgin media for the best part of 15 yrs. i reached the pension age last year when my bill was £28 a mth. it has now gone up to £37 a mth of which they said they can give me a £2-50 loyalty discount. my loyalty discount was about £7 before but cannot have that now. a new customer can get it for £30 at the moment for 12 mths then £37. i know of cheaper options but don't know what they like. any recommendations out there. i just need the broadband not the phone line.

thanks bob.

Plenty of options out there...but all inferior to the quality of VM Broadband IMHO.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I’m going to assume at pension age you may not be a heavy gamer / multiple HD video downloads at the same time?

if so the offerings from TalkTalk, plus net etc on their fibre lines will be more than sufficient coming in around £27/month

personally I would contact their cancellation team and point out the price options from the alternatives and you are planning to go to one of them. I expect they will match it!

Then go with Sky for a year.  If you've let Virgin raise the price over time they have you marked as a mug and will push you as far as they can - as will any supplier.  I was surprised when my 'deal' was due to end with Virgin this year that they came up with a reduced price rather than just matching the previous one.  Maybe they have some way of knowing that I moved to them from BT because of BT's silly games.  I always give a current supplier chance to be reasonable but if they insist on waiting until I've gone through the nausea of changing to offer a decent deal then that chance has gone.

My partner got a letter recently offering her to leave her contract because she had her price go up to £43.

I emailed the CEO Team on her behalf and they bought her bill down every month significantly. 

Consider that :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

they ignore the 'leaving' as a bluff as so many people do it, I had this with them after my package crept up to £98, I told them I was cancelling and was not interested in anything they had to say, they dropped it to £65 for a year.

Else cancel it, they/you'll have a month to come up with a deal, if it's only broadband, you have lots of options